This article is about the faction. For the Thieves Guild DLC pack, see Thieves Guild (DLC).
The Thieves Guild is a criminal organization consisting of rogues and thieves found all over Tamriel. It is based in the city of Abah's Landing, found in Hew's Bane on the southern coast of Hammerfell.
Like with the Fighters and Mages Guilds, progress through the Thieves Guild skill line is achieved by gaining reputation. This can be done by completing faction-related DLC content. Losing access to the DLC will disable this progression, but all earned skills will still be unlockable and usable. There are 12 ranks of reputation within the guild.
- Partners in Crime: Help a novice thief pull off her biggest heist yet.
- Cleaning House: Investigate a retired member's connection to the Iron Wheel.
- The Long Game: Find out more about the former guild rackets a new merchant lord has his eyes on.
- A Flawless Plan: Uncover the truth about the Thieves Guild's failed heist.
- Forever Hold Your Peace: Infiltrate a highly anticipated wedding at Hubalajad's Palace.
- Prison Break: Rescue the imprisoned guildmaster from No Shira Prison.
- A Double Life: Help Quen with a personal matter.
- His Greatest Treasure: Hunt for buried treasure with Quen.
- Shell Game: Help Walks-Softly with a personal matter.
- Everyone Has A Price: Walks-Softly wants to teach someone a lesson...
- A Faded Flower: Help Velsa with a personal matter.
- That Which Was Lost: Help Narahni find her estranged son.
- The Cutpurse's Craft: Prove to the Guild that you know your way around other people's pockets.
- Master of Heists: Meet Fa'ren-dar, the Thieves Guild's Master of Heists.
- Guild Jobs
- Crime Spree: Commit a series of conspicuous safebox robberies.
- Idle Hands: Send laborers a gentle reminder to pay their protection dues.
- Plucking Fingers: Remind entertainers that they don't work without the Guild's permission.
- The Covetous Countess: Pilfer and launder sentimental objects for a wealthy patron.
- Under Our Thumb: 'Encourage' law-abiding citizens to mind their own business.
- Rye's Reacquisitons
- Memories of Youth: Recover a lost engagement ring.
- The Lost Pearls: Retrieve an old silver pendant that once belonged to a patron's wife.
- The Sailor's Pipe: Recover an old sailor's favorite wooden pipe.
- Thrall Cove: Retrieve a captain's spyglass and rescue his captured crewmen.
- Heist: Deadhollow Halls: Recover some Daedric idols stashed away in Deadhollow Halls.
- Heist: Glittering Grotto: Appropriate some rare gems hidden inside the Glittering Grotto.
- Heist: Secluded Sewers: Appropriate some treasures stashed in the Secluded Sewers.
- Heist: The Hideaway: Recover some treasures stashed in The Hideaway.
- Heist: Underground Sepulcher: Appropriate some treasures hidden away in the Underground Sepulcher.
The Thieves Guild skill line consists exclusively of passive abilities meant to assist you in your criminal pursuits.
|Name||Line Rank||Skill Rank||Description|
|Finders Keepers||1||||Thieves Troves are caches that are located all over Tamriel. They can only be opened by members of the Thieves Guild.|
|Swiftly Forgotten||2||Bounty is decreased by 46 after 3 minutes. Heat is decreased by 36 after 3 seconds.|
|5||Bounty is decreased by 69 after 3 minutes. Heat is decreased by 46 after 3 seconds.|
|8||Bounty is decreased by 92 after 3 minutes. Heat is decreased by 55 after 3 seconds.|
|11||Bounty is decreased by 115 after 3 minutes. Heat is decreased by 64 after 3 seconds.|
|Haggling||3||Stolen items sold at a fence are worth 2% more. Does not apply to Laundering.|
|6||Stolen items sold at a fence are worth 4% more. Does not apply to Laundering.|
|9||Stolen items sold at a fence are worth 7% more. Does not apply to Laundering.|
|12||Stolen items sold at a fence are worth 10% more. Does not apply to Laundering.|
|Clemency||4||When a guard accosts you, you may use Clemency once per day. If used, the Guard will not arrest you or take your money and stolen goods. Additionally, Guards will not attempt to accost you for 1 minute after you use Clemency unless you commit other crimes.|
|Timely Escape||7||When you have Bounty and are in combat, you have a chance to spot a "Footpad" in a town with a Refuge. Interacting with the Footpad will transport the player safely into the nearest Refuge.|
|Veil of Shadows||10||Decreases detection range of Witnesses and Guards by 10%. Witnesses and Guards are thus less likely to notice criminal actions, though this has no impact on the range from which Guards will accost you.|
Kari's Hit ListEdit
Kari's Hit List can be found on a table in the upper area of Thieves Den. The book gives a clue to the location of each item and the zone where it can be found. The items that you are looking for are unique Treasures and are listed as a Relic treasure type. They will stand out from other treasure items, as the title is in gold. These items cannot be laundered, and if you are caught by the guard and turn over stolen goods, these items will be taken from your inventory and replaced at the original location. Note that items may not be visible at the specified location if another player has recently stolen the item. What is the respawn time?
Below is a list of all the items, ordered by how they appear in Kari's Hit List:
|Prince Hubalajad's Trash Urn||The great great great—you get the idea—grandnephew of some banker back when Prince Hew was alive still has the poor sap's repossessed funeral urn sitting out as a flower pot.||Hew's Bane, in a corner inside the Bank of Abah's Landing in Abah's Landing.|
|Treethane Niriel's "Living Plant-Wear" Book Set||The Mages Guild is doing restoration work on an old set of weird living books for one of the Treethanes. I guess you're supposed to water them.||Greenshade, the upper floor of the Mages Guild in Marbruk, sitting on a table.|
|Coronation Decanter of Prince Naemon||Prince Naemon had a commemorative decanter commissioned for his coronation, which never happened. Rumors say it's still on display in Skywatch Manor.||Auridon, on the ground floor of Skywatch Manor, when exiting the Throne area, turn left and it's on top of the dresser across from the fireplace.|
|Tuneless Harp of Fiirgarion the Bard||There's an old Wood Elf tale about a bard so good he won a contest with a cursed harp. Supposedly the Mages Guild is keeping it from bursting any eardrums in the wrong hands.||Malabal Tor, ground floor of the Mages Guild in Velyn Harbor|
|Hairball Spittoon of Darloc Brae||The Mages Guild is caring for the ancient possessions of some Khajiit warrior of old at their holdings in Rawl'kha. You have the misfortune of finding his spittoon.||Reaper's March, the outdoor area of the Mages Guild in Rawl'kha, under the living quarters.|
|Burial Mannequin of Calarthor Camoran||There's a mannequin that was supposed to stand in for one of the members of the Camoran dynasty when he died in battle. I guess they found him, because it's collecting dust in the embassy.||Grahtwood, Altmer Embassy in Elden Root. The item is on the bottom floor inside of an Unsealed Urn in the southern corner.|
|Divad Hunding's Dribble Bowl||A wealthy innkeeper out in the desert has some antique bowl he claims is a family heirloom tracing his line back to some Ra Gada hero. Looks can be deceiving, but I have my doubts.||Alik'r Desert, atop the reception desk on the ground floor of the Sisters of the Sands Inn in Sentinel.|
|King Farangel's Unpublished Ode to Wayrest||The first king of Wayrest might have been a good king, but he was a terrible poet. There's an unpublished book of his work archived in the Mages Guild. We won't make you recite it.||Stormhaven, sitting on a table on the left side of the room in the Wayrest Mages Guild Hall.|
|Yokeda Sesnit's Paperweights||One of the more organized Yokudan conquerors had to use massive paperweights to wrangle all his inventories. Fair warning, I might keep these.||Bangkorai, a bedroom on the second floor of the Anchor's Point Inn in Evermore.|
|Raven Direnni's Inflammable Rug||One of the carpets decorating Daggerfall castle is supposedly magical. I don't know why they'd just have something like that just sitting out, but use it to your advantage.||Glenumbra, inside the Storage Chest along the wall of the kitchen of Daggerfall Castle|
|Princess Rayelle's Half-Hearted Love Letters||The Fighters Guild is supposed to have a bunch of letters the princess of Shornhelm wrote to King Emeric before he dumped her for the princess of Sentinel. Sounds juicy.||Rivenspire, in an Antique Chest in a ground floor room of the Shornhelm Fighters Guild. Enter the guild and turn right; it is the first room on the right.|
|King Jorunn's Automatic Cheesewheel Vivisector||The locals out in Eastmarch say that King Jorunn's commissioned some ancient piece of Dwarven technology he smashed into a centerpiece for his next banquet. The thing's undergoing repair at their local Mages Guild.||Eastmarch, ground floor of the Mages Guild in Windhelm|
|Akaviri Armistice Banquet Tray||One of the inns has an old coat-of-arms from the Ebonheart Pact's formation sitting in its basement. Seems they aren't sentimental about it.||Stonefalls, in the basement of the Hissing Guar in Kragenmoor.|
|Shaman Chirah's Devotion Shovel||There was some strange tribe that lived out in Black Marsh alongside the Argonians. Unsurprisingly, they're all dead, but the Argonians still keep some artifacts around. There's some religious shovel their people prayed to, I guess.||Shadowfen, near the smaller Hist tree in Stormhold. The tree is near the center of town, just south of the guild traders.|
|King Dumac's Royal Latrine Cloth Roll||Most of the time Dwarven artifacts are highly prized, but I have a lead on some banner that got taken down and thrown in storage around Mournhold. Probably more to the story.||Deshaan, go through the City Center of Mournhold doors on the northern side with the large red Ebonheart Pact banners on either side. Open the Preservation Chest in the left corner of that back room.|
|Ysgramor's Sload-Skin Wine Sack||Ysgramor is basically worshiped by the Fighters Guild. They'd give their sword arms to drink from the same vessel he did, but there's one of his old wine skins that's been sitting untouched.||The Rift, the upper floor of Fighters Guild in Riften|
All guilds use reputation for leveling purposes. Thieves Guild Reputation is earned by completing various quests and jobs for the guild. Most quests reward 10, while the smallest Tip Board jobs reward 5 and the largest heists can reward up to 20 if completed within the optional time limit.
for Next Rank
- For historical information on the Thieves Guild, see the lore article.
- Thieves Troves are not dependent on the skill line and will appear in the game before you gain access to the DLC. However, you cannot open them until you have gained access to the DLC. Opening one will unlock the skill line and give you the Finders Keepers passive, but you need to join the guild and complete guild quests to increase in rank. The passive skill will allow you to continue to open troves if you lose access to the DLC at any point.