- Skyrim's southernmost hold has a relatively temperate climate, thanks to northern mountains that block the frigid gales of the Sea of Ghosts, and warming volcanoes in the Velothi Mountains to the east. Its capital is Riften, on the shores of broad Lake Honrich.
|The Rift Antiquities|
- Riften — A city in the eastern Rift.
- Boulderfall Pass — A fort in the northern Rift, southwest of the Eastmarch gate.
- Fallowstone Hall — A fort in the northern Rift, west of the Eastmarch gate.
- Fullhelm Fort — A fort in the southeastern Rift, in front of the Stonefalls gate.
- Geirmund's Hall — An estate in the western Rift, northwest of Nimalten.
- Ivarstead — A small town in the western Rift.
- Nimalten — A town in the western Rift.
- Shor's Stone — A mining town in the eastern Rift, just southwest of Eastmarch.
- Skald's Retreat — An estate in the central Rift, on the islands west of Riften.
Farms and PlantationsEdit
- Frostmoon Farmstead — A farm in the eastern Rift, south of Riften.
- Treva's Farm — A farm in the western Rift, east of Nimalten.
Groves and MarshesEdit
- Vernim Woods — A forest located in the northern Rift.
Caves, Ruins and MinesEdit
- Honrich Tower — A ruined lakeside tower in the central Rift, southeast of Nimalten.
- Northwind Mine — A mine in the northern Rift.
- Pinepeak Cavern — A cave in the far northwest of the Rift.
- Taarengrav — A ruin in the western Rift, west of Nimalten.
Battlefields, Cemeteries and CryptsEdit
- Forelhost — A mountain in the eastern Rift, southeast of Riften.
- Lost Prospect — A mine in the eastern Rift.
- Trolhetta — A mountain in the southeastern Rift, south of Forelhost.
- Avanchnzel — A Dwemer ruin in the southern Rift, south of Honrich Tower containing Dwemer constructs.
- Blessed Crucible — A group dungeon found in the Rift.
- Broken Helm Hollow — A small cave in the southeastern Rift, east of Forelhost containing trolls.
- Faldar's Tooth — A ruined fort in the central Rift, east of Honrich Tower containing Darkling cultists.
- Fort Greenwall — A fort in the eastern Rift, north of Riften containing bandits.
- The Lion's Den — An isolated valley in the far west of the Rift.
- Shroud Hearth Barrow — A tomb in the western Rift, just northeast of Ivarstead containing Draugr.
- Snapleg Cave — A cave in the northern Rift, far north-northeast of Nimalten containing bandits.
- Angarvunde Mound — A hollow dragon mound in the Rift.
- Frozen Ruins — A ruin in the Rift, southwest of Nimalten.
- Giant Camp — A camp in the Rift.
- Hunter Camp — A camp in the northern Rift, west of Shor's Stone.
- Troll Cave — A cave in the Rift.
- Wisplight Glen — An abandoned settlement in the Rift.
- Ragged Hills Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point northeast of Ivarstead in the northwestern Rift.
- Smokefrost Peaks Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point southwest of Riften in the southern Rift.
- Stony Basin Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point southeast of Shor's Stone in the northeastern Rift.
- The Apprentice — A Mundus Stone found in Reaper's March, Bangkorai, the Rift, and Cyrodiil.
- The Steed — A Mundus Stone found in Reaper's March, Bangkorai, the Rift, and Cyrodiil.
Points of InterestEdit
- Autumnshade Clearing — Located across the lake northeast of Honrich Tower in the center of the Rift.
- Eldbjorg's Hideaway — A cave in the western Rift, northeast of Nimalten.
- Grethel's Vigil — A camp found west of Nimalten in the western Rift.
- Honeystrand Hill — A giant camp located south of Ivarstead in the western Rift.
- Jenedusil's Claw — Located south of Riften in the southeastern Rift.
- Linele Skullcarver's Camp — Located just south of the Eastmarch gate in the northeastern Rift.
- Mammoth Ridge — Located east of Nimalten in the central Rift.
- Smokefrost Vigil — A ruin in the southeastern Rift, south-southwest of Forelhost.
- Three Tribes Camp — A Reachmen camp located southwest of Boulderfall Pass in the central Rift.
- Trollslayer's Gully — A cave in the southern Rift, southeast of Honrich Tower.
- Autumn's-Gate — A small player house in the western Rift.
- Hunter's Glade — A large player house in The Rift.
- Old Mistveil Manor — A large player house in the eastern Rift.
- Fallowstone Hall Wayshrine — Located south of Fallowstone Hall.
- Fullhelm Fort Wayshrine — Located west-northwest of Fullhelm Fort.
- Geirmund's Hall Wayshrine — Located north-northwest of Geirmund's Hall.
- Honrich Tower Wayshrine — Located southeast of Honrich Tower.
- Nimalten Wayshrine — Located in western Nimalten.
- Northwind Mine Wayshrine — Located south of Northwind Mine.
- Ragged Hills Wayshrine — Located southeast of Nimalten in the southern Rift.
- Riften Wayshrine — Located in eastern Riften.
- Skald's Retreat Wayshrine — Located east of Skald's Retreat.
- Taarengrav Wayshrine — Located northeast of Taarengrav.
- Trolhetta Summit Wayshrine — Located at the peak of Trolhetta.
- Trolhetta Wayshrine — Located north of Trolhetta.
|Paths always enter a quest from the top or left, and leave a quest from the bottom or right.|
||Denotes a requisite path or quest. You must complete this before starting the subsequent quest.|
||Denotes an optional path or quest. The subsequent story quest can be started without this being completed.|
||Denotes an exclusive path or quest. Only one of the connected quests is required, and only one can be completed.|
||Denotes a quest which is part of the main story chain.|
||Denotes a story quest which is required for Cadwell's Almanac.|
||Denotes a missable pointer quest which is part of the main chain.|
||Denotes a missable pointer quest which is on an alternate path.|
||Denotes a side quest which is required for Cadwell's Almanac.|
||Denotes a quest which rewards a Skill Point.|
Ebonheart Pact Story QuestsEdit
- Beneath the Stone: Rout the Boneshaper Reachmen from the Shor's Stone mine.
- Unearthed: Discover an ancient enemy buried in Shor's Stone Mine.
- Storming the Hall: Help retake an ancient site from the Rageclaw Clan.
- To Vernim Woods: Assist the Pact at Vernim Woods.
- Dangerous Union: Discover why the Worm Cultists are working with the Reachmen.
- Gift of the Worm: Assist Belron's research of the Worm Cultists.
- Through the Shroud: End the threat of the Reachmen at Vernim Woods.
- To Nimalten: Warn the Ragged Hills of impending danger.
- Concealed Weapons: Help investigate an assault on a thane by their housecarl.
- Pinepeak Caverns: Investigate a report of a Worm Cult ambush at the Cavern.
- Tomb Beneath the Mountain: Release the Companion spirit from the Worm Cult's control.
- To Taarengrav: Travel to Taarengrav to protect another of Ysgramor's companions.
- The Shackled Guardian: Prevent the Worm Cult from binding a Companion's spirit at a dragon burial mound.
- To Honrich Tower: Investigate Honrich Tower.
- Shattered Hopes: Turn the tide in the Pact's war against the Worm Cult.
- A Giant in Smokefrost Peaks: Track the giant Sinmur into Smokefrost Peaks.
- In His Wake: Help Riften recover from the giant attack.
- Pulled Under: Investigate rumors of a suspicious disappearance.
- To the King: Prepare to defeat the Worm Cult at Trolhetta.
- Securing the Pass: Clear the way for the Pact's army.
- Stomping Sinmur: Use the fragments of Wuuthrad to banish Sinmur's spirit.
- Alternate Story Pointers
- Calling Hakra: Assist Lieutenant Slonn at Pinepeak Cavern.
- A Grave Situation: Assist Narir at Taarengrav.
- To Pinepeak Caverns: Travel to Pinepeak Cavern to protect another of Ysgramor's companions.
- Honrich Tower: Assist the Skald-King at Honrich Tower.
- The Shards of Wuuthrad: Help track down the Shards of Wuuthrad.
Stony Basin Side QuestsEdit
- Aiding Sigunn: Help recover a merchant's supplies from a giant.
- Breaking the Coven: Eradicate the Hagraven coven at Northwind Mine.
- Drink, Drink, and Be Merry: Investigate a keg of enchanted wine found in a bandit lair.
- The Farmer's Champion: Save the survivors of a Worm Cult attack.
- Finding Winter's Hammer: Recover Winter's Hammer from bandits at Fort Greenwall.
- Kalodar's Farewell: Help find a woman's missing father.
- Move out Miners: Rescue the Shor's Stone miners from the Reachmen.
- Raise the Colors: Kill the leaders of the Reachmen tribes at Boulderfall.
- Returning Winter's Bite: Recover Winter's Bite from cultists at Faldar's Tooth.
- The Rise of Sage Svari: Help a skald become a sage.
- Scouting the Mine: Discover why the Reachmen have taken over Northwind Mine.
- Smoke on the Horizon: Help defend Boulderfall Pass.
- Soul Harvest: Save the souls of the dead from the Worm Cult's animus geodes.
- The Troubleshooter: Help bring two Worm Cult agents to justice.
- Yngrel the Bloody: Track down a wanted bandit in Stony Basin.
Ragged Hills Side QuestsEdit
- Beneath the Surface: Rescue the Pact soldiers investigating Faldar's Tooth.
- A Business Proposition: Help retrieve a merchant's silks.
- Fierce Beasts of Ivarstead: Help a frightened woman make Ivarstead safer.
- Geirmund's Guardian: Join the trials to be named Geirmund's Guardian.
- Geirmund's Oath: Participate in a drinking contest at Geirmund's Hall.
- Prisoner Dilemma: Free several Pact prisoners from the Lion Guard and identify the turncloak.
- Problems Into Profit: Help a farmer deal with an insect infestation.
- Research Subject: Help rescue a researcher's colleague.
- A Ritual in the Ragged Hills: Stop the Worm Cult ritual at the Ragged Hills Altar.
- Save Your Voice: Rescue some drunken bards from a giant camp.
- Shroud Hearth Barrow: Find out what is happening within Shroud Hearth Barrow.
- Soldier Down: Help the wounded soldiers around Honrich Tower.
- A Valuable Distraction: Distract the Lion Guard until reinforcements can arrive.
- Where the Frostheart Grows: Help retrieve medicine for a dying pilgrim.
Smokefrost Peaks Side QuestsEdit
- All's Fair: Investigate reports of black market goods in Riften's marketplace.
- Approaching Thunder: Prepare for an undead attack at Fullhelm Fort.
- Blood Upon the Soil: Investigate the murders of a Rift farming family.
- A Diamond in the Root: Find and deliver a bandit's diamond to a Riften fence.
- Guard the Knowledge: Help protect the knowledge of the skalds.
- Into the Outside: Help recover some stolen Dwemer artifacts.
- Lost Companions: Help find some missing companions.
- Names of the Fallen: Collect the amulets of the fallen Pact soldiers.
- Redguard on the Run: Help track down a fugitive Redguard.
- Ritual at the Dragonshrine: Stop the Worm Cult ritual at the Smokefrost Dragonshrine.
- A Ritual in Smokefrost Peaks: Stop the Worm Cult ritual at the Smokefrost Peaks Altar.
- River of Names: Find personal items to identify the Worm Cult's murdered captives.
- Song of Awakening: Find out why the sky has turned a nightmarish purple.
- Those She Devours: Save some captives from having their souls consumed in a necromancer's rituals.
- The Thunder Breaks: Drive the undead out of Fullhelm for good.
- A Walk Above the Clouds: Climb a treacherous mountain to retrieve a shard of Wuuthrad.
- Worm Cult Summoner: Defeat the Worm Cult Spirit Healer at Trolhetta.
|Braced against wind near the mine.||Beside exit to Northwind Mine|
|Be Shor to search all over the stone.||Beside Fallowstone Hall|
|Nearly discovered by a mauled stablehand.||North of Treva's Farm, west of Mammoth Ridge|
|Cultists' prize near Ragged Hills.||West of Angarvunde Mound|
|Scour the crags near Avanchnzel.||Just northwest of Avanchnzel with Bears|
|South where worms swarm the barrow.||South Taarengrav, behind rocks in a crate.|
|A prospect found.||Left of Lost Prospect Sanctum|
|Walk above the clouds.||Atop Forelhost, there is a stone gate uphill with two torches on each side, skyshard is beside it,||You must at least start the quest, A Walk Above the Clouds to gain access to the dungeon that leads to the highest point on the mountain. You'll need to keep the bonfires lit to keep from freezing to death when you go for this one.|
|Stay alert between Riften and Greenwall.||On the road from Riften to Fort Greenwall, closer to the city, in the rocks across the road from a building on right.|
|Clank of gears and hiss of steam.||Avanchnzel left after entering|
|Guarded by bears in the hollow.||Broken Helm Hollow, Large room, far right after entering.|
|Deep in the roots of the tooth.||Faldar's Tooth, small room turn right after entering.|
|Where green grows in the fort's wall.||Fort Greenwall, in the middle room with the hole in the floor|
|Take a shrouded approach.||Shroud Hearth Barrow, in the middle room, on the right side.|
|Tread carefully; don't break a leg.||Snapleg Cave, room far right outside|
|Protected by wraiths in a beast's den.||Lion's Den, go through almost to the last camp, right before that camp go Northwest to skyshard in rocks with ice wraiths. Just to the north of the southernmost entrance to Giant's Crush|