|Reticulated Spine, Shadowfen|
Stormhold is a city in northern Shadowfen. It is notable for its Ayleid architecture, integrated with modern Dunmer buildings and Argonian mud huts. A Skyshard can be found atop the Mages Guild entrance. There is a road leading from Deshaan to Stormhold, entering the city on the northeastern side. Crocodiles bathe in the city's canals.
One local official, Aide Kjarc, notes that historically, Stormhold served as a toehold for the Dunmer in Black Marsh, when they enslaved Argonians. With the advent of the Ebonheart Pact, the city was placed under the rule of three vicecanons -- an Argonian, a Dunmer, and a Nord -- in an attempt to address racial tensions. In practice, this usually just means that Vicecanon Hrondar ends up defusing arguments between Vicecanon Heita-Meen and Vicecanon Servyna. Under the vicecanons' rule, Stormhold has been attempting to find a new line of trade to fill the economic void that slavery left behind.
The city's wayshrine is located in the northeast corner of town. A bridge to the northeast leads out of town, towards Sanguine's Demesne. Crafting writs can be turned in at a camp next to the bridge. Tarvynil's House lies to the west, and the stable is next door to it. Daynila's House is located across the street from the stable. The Ayleid stone bridge to the west leads into the rest of town.
If you head south after coming in west from the wayshrine, you'll see Gethis' House to your left. Further down the road is the Mortuary. The bend at the end of this street takes you towards the Fighters Guild hall. A chest is located by the cliff near the bridge that leads towards this part of town. The Fighters Guild is on the eastern edge of the Stormhold Exchange, the guild kiosk market on the inner circle of the center of town. A Hist tree sits in the center of the city, surrounded by kiosks. Shaman Chirah's Devotional Shovel is leaning against the tree. The Mages Guild lies to the northwest, across the river and past the waterfalls. The Shadowfen Markets are across the street from the guild kiosks, encompassing the exterior side of the road leading through the market. A pack merchant, weaponsmith, mystic and other practical stores are located in this portion of the city.
Two Shadowscales, Detu-Meeus and Xixuai, are located atop Silyanorn Ruins; southeast of the Hist tree and northeast of the exterior entrance to the Outlaws Refuge. A heavy sack and a copy of Vivec and Mephala are nearby. A large Hist tree sits atop the center of this exterior section of Silyanorn Ruins. Guar graze beneath the tree, and mudcrabs wallow in the water. You can reach this area by taking the road leading west of the Mages Guild and heading south, then heading east off the road. Listens-to-Water's Hut is located on the side of the road west of the Mages Guild, across the bridge. An entrance to Silyanorn Ruins lies east of his hut. There is an Ayleid Well atop the hill overlooking Listens-to-Water's Hut.
Northwest of Listens-to-Water's Hut is bridge which takes you to the northwestern edge of town. Aide Pideelus sits on the other side of this bridge. Past him, Looks-too-Long's Hut lies on the left side of the road, and the Ample Domicile is to the right.
The western section of the outer "layer" of Stormhold is occupied by Mercenary Recruits and Marauders. Ianix's Hut lies northeast of Listens-to-Water's Hut. Borrows-Trouble's Hut is next door to Ianix's house. The Coin Brothers' Cornerclub is located further down the street. Past the cornerclub lies the crafting loop. You can accept Consumables writs on the west side of this loop, and Equipment crafting writs on the eastern side. Aide Kjarc is loitering near the Equipment crafting writ board. The woodworking station is on the southern side of the loop. The northern side contains every other class of crafting station and a general goods store.
If you head down the muddy hill north of the crafting street, you'll find the navigators on the dock. The local bank lies east of the crafting street, and the inner-city entrance to the local Outlaws Refuge lies behind the bank, north of the street. Nalman's House is located east of the bank, and if you head east from Nalman's home, you'll find yourself back at the stone bridge leading to the wayshrine.
- Stormhold Objective: Discover who's behind the murders in Stormhold. / You exposed the Dominion threat within Stormhold.
- Circus of Cheerful Slaughter: Take part in Sheogorath's production, The Folly of Isolation.
- Hushed Whispers: Report on Dominion activity in Stormhold.
- Of Knives and Long Shadows: Protect the scryers of the Order of the Eye from their own shadows.
- The One That Got Away: Help Zeira with a personal matter.
- Onward to Shadowfen: Head to Shadowfen to help out the Stormhold vicecanon.
- The Prismatic Core: Help the Guildmaster understand the threat to the present in the events of the past.
- Unwelcome Guests: Convince a band of mercenaries to leave Stormhold.
- A Taste for Toxins: Capture a poison-eating lizard for Cyrodilic Collections' expeditions to Murkmire.
- Reeling in Recruits: Help recruit new adventurers for Cyrodilic Collections' expeditions to Murkmire.
Shops and ServicesEdit
- Coin Brothers' Cornerclub — An inn and tavern located in northwestern Stormhold.
- Fighters Guild — The Stormhold branch of the Fighters Guild.
- Mages Guild — The local branch of the Mages Guild in Stormhold.
- Nielsold's Steeds — A stable in northeastern Stormhold.
- Riverside Markets — An outdoor area in northern Stormhold, which houses several vendors and various crafting stations.
- Shadowfen Markets — A trading plaza in Stormhold.
- The Stormhold Exchange — A marketplace housing several guild kiosks in Stormhold.
- Stormhold Guild Hall — A part of the Ayleid ruin of Silyanorn which houses the Stormhold administration and both the Mages and the Fighters Guild branches.
- Stormhold Outlaws Refuge — An outlaws hideout found beneath Stormhold.
- Under-Root Bank — A bank located in northern Stormhold.
- Transport Services
- Pact Navigator: Falvis Raram (Deshaan, Eastmarch, Greenshade, Rivenspire)
- Three-of-Claws' Note by Three-of-Claws