- Though there are fertile fields on the coast near the capital city of Sentinel, it is the arid expanses of the interior that have captured the hearts of the rugged Redguards. The Alik'r is rich in mineral resources, but its fierce creatures and harsh terrain are daunting to most.
|Alik'r Desert Antiquities|
|On the northern coast of Hammerfell|
The Alik'r Desert is a region along the northern coast of Hammerfell. Inland it is an arid wasteland, and beneath the sands lie ancient ruins ripe for plunder; but there are also many dangerous creatures waiting to pounce on the unwary adventurer. Despite the harsh conditions there are some successful settlements in the area, notably Sentinel and Bergama.
Life in the desert is tough, but there are many nomadic tribes who live in and with the Alik'r, moving with the desert onto their next meal. These tribes are well-versed in the hiding places of the creatures of the desert, and have ingenious contraptions for collecting water (such as the simply named "desert water catcher" used for catching the morning dew).
When preparing to travel the Alik'r you are well advised to fully cover the body, to protect from sunburn and the occasional sandstorm. Locally treated and designed leather armor is advised as it has been honed to suit the conditions of the desert. It covers the whole body, with cloth patches to allow the skin to breathe, and also provides protection against the creatures of the desert.
Myrkwasa is the western region of the Alik'r, stretching from Sentinel in the north to the seasonal Ash'abah camp of Morwha's Bounty in the south. To the east, the desert dunes roll past the Goat's Head Oasis and the ancient Yokudan ruin of Tu'whacca's Throne into the expansive central region of the Hollow Wastes. The region is the site of the ancient Redguard training grounds at Leki's Blade, as well as the Aswala Stables, breeders of the famous Yokudan Charger. The port city of Tava's Blessing on the north coast is the site of the Redguard naval shipyards. In the east, the Rocky outcrops of Tigonus dot the landscape between the cities of Kozanset and Satakalaam, and the historic Yokudan site at HoonDing's Watch. Local authorities are investigating reports of the Withered Hand necromancer cult and the Imperial Seventh Legion being sighted in the region.
- Bergama — A city in southern Alik'r Desert.
- Kozanset — A city in eastern Alik'r Desert.
- Satakalaam — A small city in the eastern Alik'r Desert.
- Sentinel — A city in northwestern Alik'r Desert.
- Tava's Blessing — A port city in the northern Alik'r Desert.
- Leki's Blade — A small town in the central Alik'r Desert, south of Tava's Blessing.
- Morwha's Bounty — An Ash'abah camp in the southwest Alik'r Desert, east of Salas En.
- Rain Catcher Fields — A camp in the western Alik'r Desert, north of Salas En.
- Saltwalker Militia Camp — A camp in the eastern Alik'r Desert, west of Kozanset.
- Sentinel Docks — A set of docks on the west side of Sentinel, in the Alik'r Desert.
- Sep's Spine — A bandit camp in the central Alik'r Desert, south of Tava's Blessing.
- Tears of the Dishonored — A burial site in the far southeastern Alik'r Desert.
Groves and MarshesEdit
Caves, Ruins and MinesEdit
- Ancestor's Landing — An ancient Yokudan ruin in the northwestern Alik'r Desert, west of Sentinel.
- HoonDing's Watch — A ruin in the southeastern Alik'r Desert, south of Kozanset.
- Kulati Mines — Mines in the central Alik'r Desert, north of Bergama.
- Salas En — An Ayleid ruin in the southwestern Alik'r Desert, south of Sentinel.
- Tu'whacca's Throne — A ruined temple in the central Alik'r Desert, southeast of Sentinel.
Battlefields, Cemeteries and CryptsEdit
- Motalion Necropolis — A large cemetery in the northeast of Alik'r Desert.
- Aldunz — A Dwemer ruin in the southern Alik'r Desert, east of Bergama containing Dwemer constructs.
- Coldrock Diggings — A mine in the northern Alik'r Desert, southeast of Tava's Blessing containing vampires.
- Divad's Chagrin Mine — A mine in central Alik'r Desert, southeast of Sentinel containing goblins.
- Lost City of the Na-Totambu — A ruin in the Alik'r Desert.
- Sandblown Mine — A depleted copper mine in the southeastern Alik'r Desert, east of HoonDing's Watch containing Khajiit bandits.
- Santaki — A Dwemer ruin in the western Alik'r Desert, south of Sentinel containing bandits.
- Volenfell — A group dungeon found in Alik'r Desert.
- Yldzuun — A Dwemer ruin in the southeastern Alik'r Desert, southeast of Kozanset containing Imperial soldiers.
- Forsaken Hearts Cave — A small cave in the northern Alik'r Desert, west of the Aswala Stables Wayshrine.
- Giant Camp — A small camp in the central Alik'r Desert, north of Leki's Blade.
- Hag Camp — A small camp in the eastern Alik'r Desert, due north of Kozanset.
- King's Rest — A remote gravesite in the northeastern Alik'r Desert, northwest of the Motalion Necropolis.
- Lesser Circle — A clearing southeast of Sentinel.
- Lost Caravan — A small camp in the Alik'r Desert.
- Hollow Waste Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point southwest of Tava's Blessing in the northern Alik'r Desert.
- Myrkwasa Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point northwest of Bergama in the southern Alik'r Desert.
- Tigonus Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point east of Kozanset in the eastern Alik'r Desert.
- The Ritual — A Mundus Stone found in Malabal Tor, Alik'r Desert, Eastmarch, and Cyrodiil.
- The Thief — A Mundus Stone found in Malabal Tor, Alik'r Desert, Eastmarch, and Cyrodiil.
- The Warrior — A Mundus Stone found in Malabal Tor, Alik'r Desert, Eastmarch, and Cyrodiil.
Points of InterestEdit
- Alezer Kotu — A ruin in the western Alik'r Desert, southeast of Sentinel.
- Artisan's Oasis — A camp in the central Alik'r Desert, north of Bergama.
- Aswala's Remembrance — Located southwest of Tava's Blessing in the northern Alik'r Desert.
- Duneripper Downs — Located northwest of Bergama in the southern Alik'r Desert.
- Easterly Aerie — A small camp located west of Kulati Mines Wayshrine and north of Tu'whacca's Throne in the central Alik'r Desert.
- Hatiha's Camp — Located west of Bergama in the southern Alik'r Desert.
- Na-Totambu's Landing — Located on a peninsula west of Sentinel in the far western Alik'r Desert.
- Ragnthar — A Dwemer ruin that exists outside the physical reality of Nirn.
- Rkulftzel — A Dwemer ruin in the northern Alik'r Desert, south of Tava's Blessing.
- Wayfarer's Wharf — A dock located in northeastern Sentinel, in the Alik'r Desert.
- House of the Silent Magnifico — A medium player house in Sentinel.
- Sisters of the Sands Apartment — A player apartment in Sentinel.
- Aswala Stables Wayshrine — Located northeast of the Aswala Stables.
- Bergama Wayshrine — Located north of Bergama.
- Divad's Chagrin Mine Wayshrine — Located south of Divad's Chagrin Mine, near the main road to Bergama.
- Goat's Head Oasis Wayshrine — Located at the northern end of Goat's Head Oasis, by the foot of the steps to Tu'whacca's Throne.
- HoonDing's Watch Wayshrine — Located northwest of HoonDing's Watch.
- Kulati Mines Wayshrine — Located northeast of Kulati Mines.
- Leki's Blade Wayshrine — Located northeast of Leki's Blade.
- Morwha's Bounty Wayshrine — Located northwest of Morwha's Bounty.
- Satakalaam Wayshrine — Located just outside Satakalaam.
- Sentinel Wayshrine — Located southwest of Sentinel.
- Sep's Spine Wayshrine — Located a ways east of Sep's Spine.
- Shrikes' Aerie Wayshrine — Located northeast of HoonDing's Watch.
- Ash'abah Pass — A fortified coastal pass in the Alik'r Desert visited only during the Daggerfall Covenant quest The Initiation.
- Aswala Stables — A village in the northern Alik'r famous for breeding the Yokudan Charger.
- Baandari Camp — A small camp in the northern Alik'r Desert, south of Tava's Blessing and north of Rkulftzel.
- Badwater Mine — A mine located near the southern wall of the city of Sentinel.
- Goat's Head Oasis — An oasis in the southern Alik'r Desert, west of Bergama.
- Impervious Vault — A fortified storehouse buried underneath a tower in the city of Sentinel.
- Shore Cave — A small cave in the cliffs on the beach of Sentinel.
- Volunidai's Manor — An estate located on an island west of Tava's Blessing.
- Wind Scour Temple — A Dragonguard temple hidden beneath HoonDing's Watch.
|Paths always enter a quest from the top or left, and leave a quest from the bottom or right.|
||Denotes a requisite path or quest. You must complete this before starting the subsequent quest.|
||Denotes an optional path or quest. The subsequent story quest can be started without this being completed.|
||Denotes an exclusive path or quest. Only one of the connected quests is required, and only one can be completed.|
||Denotes a quest which is part of the main story chain.|
||Denotes a story quest which is required for Cadwell's Almanac.|
||Denotes a missable pointer quest which is part of the main chain.|
||Denotes a missable pointer quest which is on an alternate path.|
||Denotes a side quest which is required for Cadwell's Almanac.|
||Denotes a quest which rewards a Skill Point.|
Daggerfall Covenant Story QuestsEdit
- Risen From the Depths: Save the Sentinel guards from their honor-bound handicap.
- Rise of the Dead: Investigate reports of the Withered Hand for King Fahara'jad.
- The Impervious Vault: Stop the Withered Hand from raiding the Impervious Vault.
- In Search of the Ash'abah: Look for the Ash'abah in the deserts of Myrkwasa.
- Morwha's Curse: Help the Ash'abah concoct a poison antidote.
- The Initiation: Join the Ash'abah tribe.
- Ash'abah Rising: Meet the Ash'abah at Tu'whacca's Throne.
- Tu'whacca's Breath: Help the Throne Keeper cleanse Tu'whacca's temple.
- A Reckoning with Uwafa: Destroy the defiler of Tu'whacca's sacred grounds.
- The Scholar of Bergama: Seek out a scholar who knows about the Ansei Wards.
- Gone Missing: Investigate the disappearances in Bergama.
- Trouble at Tava's Blessing: Cross the Hollow Wastes and find the Prince.
- Alasan's Plot: Stop a powerful necromancer from becoming a lich.
- Shiri's Research: Follow an apprentice's research across the sands of Tigonus.
- March of the Ra Gada: Follow the trials of the coming of the Ra Gada to Tamriel.
- Trials of the Hero: Learn from the spirits of heroes at HoonDing's Watch.
- The Search for Shiri: Look for the missing apprentice in Satakalaam.
- Imperial Incursion: Rescue hostages from the Imperials in Satakalaam.
- Amputating the Hand: End the threat of the Withered Hand in Alik'r.
- Restoring the Ansei Wards: Restore the Ansei's protection to the consecrated dead of the desert.
- Kingdom in Mourning: Make haste for Bangkorai and rally the defenses of Evermore.
- Alternate Story Pointers
- Word from the Throne: Inform the king that the dead have risen at Tu'whacca's Throne.
- A Blessing for the Dead: Bring a Thronekeeper back to Tava's Blessing to help consecrate the dead.
- Tracking the Hand: Search for the Withered Hand at Tava's Blessing.
- Badwater Mine: Rescue a miner's partner from a collapsing mine.
- Lady Laurent's Favor: Help the Lady's butler recover her tools.
- Monkey Magic: Help a monkey to reverse the effects of a potion.
- The Nature of Fate: Help an old Redguard test the winds of fate.
- The Oldest Orc: Break the curse of an Orc imprisoned for ages.
- Past in Ruins: Help find an ancient Yokudan sword.
- Revered Ancestors: Ensure the honored dead remain in the ground.
- Satak was the First Serpent: Try to understand a wanderer's views on creation and rebirth.
- The Search is Over: Bring word to a traveler's wife that he will be home soon.
- Seize the Moment: Help a Baandari trader recover her wares.
- Tharayya's Trail: Trace a Dwemer researcher through the ruins of Alik'r.
- Thwarting the Aldmeri Dominion: Help a treasure hunter prevent a Dominion invasion.
- Trouble at the Rain Catchers: Help cleanse the contaminated Sentinel water supply.
Hollow Wastes Side QuestsEdit
- Crawling Chaos: Rescue the missing miners from Kulati Mines.
- Left at the Altar: Try to save a Crown and Forebear marriage.
- Master of Leki's Blade: Investigate the shadow hanging over Leki's Blade.
- Past Due: Chase up an outstanding debt in Kozanset.
- Snakes in the Sands: Save the caravan that was attacked by snakes.
- Trapped in the Bluffs: Rescue the family that became trapped by snakes.
- Undying Loyalty: Help a dog find buried bones.
- Warship Designs: Recover important military plans from the naval shipyards.
- Whose Wedding?: Help the matchmaker at Sep's Spine.
- A Winner for Onwyn: Help save the lizard racing track.
- Feathered Fiends: Resolve the situation between the harpies and the mercenaries in Kozanset.
- Honoring the Dishonored: Consecrate the remains of a Redguard's wife.
- An Ill-Fated Venture: Recover Yokudan relics from an ancient tomb.
- Malignant Militia: Discover why the militia are doing nothing about the bandits.
- The Nature of Fate: Part Two: Help a Redguard spurn the grip of fate.
- The Real Snake: Confront a shady character with proof of his misdeeds.
- Secrets of the Lost City: Help a Redguard historian gain access to lost knowledge of his ancestors.
- Temple's Treasures: Recover the missing relics for the High Temple.
|Sentinel of a domed tower.||Sentinel Guard Tower, upstairs|
|Shedding shame in the oasis.||North of Divad's Chagrin Mine Wayshrine, right off road in water.|
|Across the ruin from the Warrior.||South of Salas En|
|Stored on a Bergama roof.||Magistrate's House upstairs|
|Walltop view of the broken blade.||Leki's Blade, above doorway|
|Beside a drydocked stern.||Tava's Blessing, southwest, under the docks|
|Left out in the open by Kozanset Mages.||Kozanset, atop the Mages Guild|
|Near a paid feather-finder.||Southwest of Hag Camp, below bridge north of Kozanset|
|Tears shed for a toppled spire.||Slightly northeast of Tears of the Dishonored with harpies|
|Second stop on her search for the Pearl.||Aldunz, room straight from entrance near centurion, right behind corner|
|Buried respite from desert heat.||Coldrock Diggings, left after entering, small side room off 1st big room.|
|Dig deep, don't be embarrassed.||Divad's Chagrin Mine, room with water and ogres|
|Blown down a mine shaft.||Sandblown Mine, small room to right of main room|
|A caravan's wreckage marks the path.||Santaki, hallway off hallway, right of entrance|
|Trapped within the steam closet.||Yldzuun, roundish room|
|Monumental find in the Lost City.||Lost City of the Na-Totambu, group, big room next to pillar with warriors.|
|Set Name||Bonuses||Armor Weight|
|Robes of the Withered Hand||
2 items: Adds 3-129 Magicka Recovery
|Order of Diagna||Heavy Armor|
|Set Name||Traits Needed||Bonuses||Crafting Sites|
2 items: Adds 34-1487 Armor
|Song of Lamae||5||
2 items: Adds 34-1487 Armor
|Set Name||Bonuses||Location(s)||Set Type|
2 items: Adds 25-1096 Maximum Magicka
|Duneripper's Scales||Volenfell||Heavy Armor|