This article is about the Chapter. For the province, see Morrowind (province).
The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind was the first Chapter of The Elder Scrolls Online. It is an expansion set on the island of Vvardenfell. Morrowind includes a large new zone, the Warden class, a trial, and a new storyline centered around saving Vvardenfell from Baar Dau's descent. The DLC was made free to all players on April 04, 2022, but did not include the Warden class.
As of Update 18 and the release of Summerset, the Chapter is no longer available for retail purchase and its contents have been divided between the base game and the Crown Store. Battlegrounds have moved to the base game, the Warden class is available as a Crown Store Upgrade for 1,500 , and the Vvardenfell zone has become a DLC, which initially cost Crowns to purchase but is now permanently available for free. Certain promotional bonus content which was originally available in the Discovery Pack and Collector's Edition is available in the Crown Store as the Morrowind Collector's Pack.
Morrowind entered invite-only closed beta on the PTS on April 17, 2017, although all content from the Chapter was under a non-disclosure agreement. The Chapter launched in early access on May 22, 2017 for PC/Mac, and officially launched on all platforms on June 6, 2017.
On June 5, 2018, Morrowind became available in the Crown Store as a DLC purchase, and the Warden class became a separate purchase. The Morrowind DLC was also included in ESO Plus. Since April 6, 2022, the Morrowind DLC is available for free and is automatically given to all players upon logging in.
- Vvardenfell, a large new zone.
- The Warden, an ice-based nature class.
- A new story, in which you must aid Vivec in regaining his lost powers as part of an emerging Daedric plot.
- Battlegrounds, a new 4v4v4 arena-style PvP mode.
- A new 12-player trial, the Halls of Fabrication.
- A new tutorial and a free player house for new characters.
- Aid the Morag Tong in Balmora or help a slave ascend the ranks of the Telvanni in Sadrith Mora, among other side quests.
- Six new delves, six new group bosses, and two new public dungeons.
- Daily repeatable quests from the Ordinators of Vivec City and the Ashlanders of Ald'ruhn.
- Collectibles to earn, including pets, tattoos, and a personality.
- New dyes, styles, and sets, including three new crafting sites.
- A tomb hunting collection task that will take you all over Vvardenfell.
Morrowind is available in five different versions:
- Morrowind Digital Upgrade: For existing players, this version includes the standard Morrowind Chapter.
- Morrowind Collector's Edition Digital Upgrade: For existing players, this version includes the Morrowind Chapter and Collector's Edition bonuses.
- Morrowind Standard Edition: For new players, this version includes the base game and the Morrowind Chapter, and is available both digitally and in stores.
- Morrowind Digital Collector's Edition: For new players, this version includes the base game, the Morrowind Chapter and Collector's Edition bonuses.
- Morrowind Collector's Edition: This version includes the base game, the Morrowind Chapter, Collector's Edition bonuses, and unique collectibles. The included game code for Morrowind can also be applied to an existing account.