|Jarl's Residence||Palace of the Kings|
|Military Fort||Fort Amol|
|Steward||Captain Lonely-Gale (was not properly set to replace Jorleif, see bug)|
Eastmarch is a hold in eastern Skyrim, with its capital in Windhelm. The hold is the home of Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak, leader of the Stormcloak rebellion. It only becomes Imperial-run if the player joins the Imperial Legion and completes the entire quest line, including both the Battle for Fort Amol and the Battle for Windhelm. Should this occur, the new Jarl will be Brunwulf Free-Winter.
Eastmarch is in the northeastern corner of Skyrim. Winterhold is to the northwest, the Pale and Whiterun Hold to the west, the Throat of the World to the southwest, and the Rift to the south. The Dunmer homeland of Morrowind is to the east, across the Velothi Mountain passes. Since the Red Year, Dunmer have had a much bigger presence in Eastmarch, particularly in the capital, due to its proximity to one of the only passes through the Velothi.
Eastmarch varies greatly. The central and southern parts of Eastmarch are dominated by sulfurous pools and rocky crags, as well as Bonestrewn Crest. The Velothi Mountains form a spine along the eastern edge of the hold, and a high ridge to the south leads up from the lowland sulfur pools to the Rift.
Flora and FaunaEdit
The sulfur pools are home to giants, deer, sabre cats, and other, smaller creatures, such as rabbits and goats. Further north are snowy sabre cats, ice wolves, and frost trolls along the road to Morrowind.
There are a few farms near Windhelm, but otherwise the only plant in the snowy parts of Eastmarch is the humble snowberry bush. In the sulfur region to the south, in the middle of the hold, the endemic plants of dragon's tongue, Jazbay grapes, and creep clusters are to be found. The pine forest and shrublands surrounding the sulfur region are home to thistle, snowberries, and all common varieties of mountain flowers. Mora tapinella and to some extent nightshade can also be found throughout the hold. In the last parts of the White River, stretching from Mixwater Mill to the Sea of Ghosts, nordic barnacle is common.
Routes and PathwaysEdit
Two main routes run north to south in Eastmarch. They skirt the sulfur pools on either side. The roads are connected to each other at the far northern and southern ends, forming a continuous loop. There are also major branches off of this road: one west of Fort Amol leading to Whiterun; one west-northwest of Cragslane Cavern leading south to the Rift, and two near Windhelm. One leads to the Pale and beyond, and the other along the Sea of Ghosts past farms until you hit the impassable, invisible wall near Refugees' Rest.
There are two pathways into the sulfur pools from the east road: one runs from south of Kynesgrove to Witchmist Grove, and the other starts near Steamcrag Camp and heads west to Bonestrewn Crest. Other pathways in the hold are to landmarks such as the dragon mound above Kynesgrove (and, by extension, Narzulbur), or Mistwatch.
All locations in Eastmarch with individual map markers are listed. There are a few places without map markers listed for your convenience.
- Windhelm — A major city in the northeast of Skyrim near the Dunmeth Pass to Morrowind, and the capital of Eastmarch.
- Palace of the Kings — A large castle at the far end of the Valunstrad district in Windhelm.
- Windhelm Stables — A stable outside of Windhelm.
Farms, Towns, and Settlements including Orc Strongholds and InnsEdit
- Brandy-Mug Farm — A wheat farm, a short distance east of Windhelm Stables.
- Darkwater Crossing — A small mining camp that operates the Goldenrock Mine.
- Hlaalu Farm — A small farm east of Windhelm.
- Hollyfrost Farm — A large farm with a single-roomed farmhouse east of Windhelm.
- Kynesgrove — A small village located on the road south from Windhelm, in Eastmarch.
- Mixwater Mill — A remote mill on the White River.
- Narzulbur — An Orc stronghold in the northeast of Skyrim, southeast of Windhelm.
- Riverside Shack — A small shack east of Gallows Rock and west-southwest of Kynesgrove, along the eastern bank of the White River.
- Traitor's Post — A crumbling shack and bandit outpost east of Windhelm, and just north of the Sacellum of Boethiah.
Camps, including Giant Camps and Military CampsEdit
- Broken Limb Camp — A giant camp on the edge of the hot springs in Eastmarch near the bank of the White River.
- Cradlecrush Rock — A giant camp containing only one giant.
- Eastmarch Imperial Camp — An Imperial camp in Eastmarch, located southeast of Mzulft and north of Stony Creek Cave.
- Steamcrag Camp — A giant camp south of Windhelm and east of Bonestrewn Crest.
- Windhelm Military Camp — An Imperial camp set up east of Brandy-Mug Farm for the attack on Windhelm.
- Cragslane Cavern — A small cave being used by bandits for skooma operations and animal blood sports.
- Cragwallow Slope — A medium-sized cave southeast of Windhelm home to conjurers and atronachs.
- Cronvangr Cave — A medium-sized cave southwest of Kynesgrove, inhabited by frostbite spiders and vampires.
- Eldergleam Sanctuary — An underground grove and worship site of the followers of Kynareth.
- Frostroot CaveCC — A cave in Eastmarch, north of Kagrenzel.
- Lost Knife Hideout — A large cave that serves as the hideout for the Lost Knife bandits.
- Mara's Eye Den — A small cave found on the middle island of Mara's Eye Pond.
- Snapleg Cave — A medium-sized cave carved into the side of a mountain which is occupied by leveled warlocks and leveled animals.
- Stony Creek Cave — A small cave located in the southeastern corner of Eastmarch that is occupied by bandits.
- Uttering Hills Cave — A small cave in the mountains southwest of Windhelm occupied by bandits.
- Gloombound Mine — A small ebony and iron mine supporting the Orc stronghold of Narzulbur with a smelter near the entrance.
- Goldenrock Mine — A small corundum mine in Darkwater Crossing with a smelter near the entrance.
- Ansilvund — A medium-sized Nordic ruin northeast of Shor's Stone and north of Riften.
- Hillgrund's Tomb — A small Nordic ruin where the Hillgrund family dead are interred.
- Kagrenzel — A small Dwarven ruin located high in the Velothi mountains, east of Ansilvund, northeast of Shor's Watchtower.
- Mzulft — A large Dwarven ruin south-southeast of Windhelm, along the main road between Windhelm and Riften.
- Abandoned Prison — A collapsed, partially flooded Imperial prison inhabited by the ghosts of its drowned prisoners.
- Fort Amol — A medium-sized fort northwest of Darkwater Crossing along the White River, initially occupied by elemental mages.
- Gallows Rock — A small fort occupied by the Silver Hand.
- Mistwatch — A medium-sized fort located at the northern base of the mountains on the border of the Rift and Eastmarch, just southeast of the Atronach Stone on the edge of the hot springs.
- Morvunskar — A small fort southwest of, and overlooking, Windhelm.
- Refugees' Rest — A small ruined tower east of Windhelm and close to the Morrowind border.
- The Atronach Stone — One of the thirteen Standing Stones scattered across Skyrim.
- Sacellum of Boethiah — The shrine to the Daedric Prince Boethiah.
Landmarks, including Bodies of Water, Clearings, Ships and ShipwrecksEdit
- Darkwater River — A river connecting Lake Geir to the White River.
- Dunmeth Pass — A mountain pass and one of the few traversable roads through the Velothi Mountains between northwest Morrowind and northeast Skyrim.
- Mara's Eye Pond — A small lake due east of Gallows Rock.
- River Yorgrim — A river flowing from Lake Yorgrim to Windhelm.
- Sea of Ghosts — A vast ocean along the northern coast of Skyrim.
- Velothi Mountains — A mountain range that stretches along the eastern border of Skyrim.
- White River — The longest river in Skyrim, stretching from the south of the province to the northeast corner.
- Witchmist Grove — A small shack north of Bonestrewn Crest and south of Kynesgrove.
- There are five Dragon Mounds in Eastmarch.
- There are a few Shrines in Eastmarch.
All the quests that are started in or are related to Eastmarch (except for radiant quests begun in other holds) are listed here:
- A Blade in the Dark: Prove you are Dragonborn to Delphine by slaying the dragon Sahloknir.
- Season Unending: Enforce a ceasefire to secure Dragonsreach.
Imperial Legion Civil War QuestsEdit
- Reunification of Skyrim: Reunite Skyrim under the leadership of the Empire. (radiant)
- The Battle for Fort Amol: Prepare for the final assault on Windhelm by taking Fort Amol for the Imperials. (radiant)
- Battle for Windhelm: Conquer the Stormcloak capital and bring Ulfric to justice!
Stormcloaks Civil War QuestsEdit
- The Jagged Crown: Find this crown for Ulfric Stormcloak.
- Message to Whiterun: Deliver an axe to the Jarl of Whiterun.
- Battle for Whiterun: Take Whiterun in the name of the Stormcloaks. (radiant)
- Liberation of Skyrim: Drive the Imperials from Skyrim. (radiant)
- Innocence Lost: Help an orphaned child avoid being returned to a sadistic caretaker.
- Mourning Never Comes: Help Muiri get her revenge.
- Kill Ma'randru-jo: Assassinate Ma'randru-jo to complete a Dark Brotherhood contract.
- Summerset Shadows: Remove a rival guild from the picture.
Side Quests including Divine QuestsEdit
- The Blessings of Nature: Restore the Gildergreen for Danica Pure-Spring.
- Blood on the Ice: Windhelm is plagued by a shadowy killer.
- The White Phial: Retrieve a legendary artifact to fulfill an old alchemist's wish in Windhelm.
- Repairing the Phial: Acquire the materials necessary to repair the White Phial.
- Rise in the East: Help the East Empire Company take care of some pirates.
- Balance of PowerCC: Put a stop to two bandit gangs wielding strange otherworldly equipment.
- The Edge of RuinCC: Find a madwoman's legendary bow.
- Heart of CrimsonCC: Confront the murderous leader of a bandit gang.
- Missing MerchantCC: A powerful set of armor has come on the market.
- Pets of SkyrimCC: Find trained pets around Skyrim.
- Through a Glass, DarklyCC: Confront the darkness within yourself to obtain a powerful weapon.
- Tilted ScalesCC: Retrieve a set of ancient armor from an old warrior.
In addition, many miscellaneous quests, such as favors, are located in Eastmarch. They are listed here.