Ashlanders are a faction of nomadic Dunmer. It comprises numerous different tribes, mainly found in Stonefalls, Deshaan and on the island of Vvardenfell. On Vvardenfell there are four main tribes (Ahemmusa, Erabenimsun, Urshilaku, and Zainab), plus some bandit groups consisting of outcasts from the main tribes. On the mainland, there are two major tribes, the Mabrigash and Kagesh, and two smaller hostile tribes, the Vereansu and the Ulath. For more information, see the lore page.
This faction has two unique equipment styles, one of which can be learned by the player. The chapters for this style are occasionally given as rewards for completing the Ashlander daily quests given by Huntmaster Sorim-Nakar and Numani-Rasi. Crafting Ashlander items requires Ash Canvas. Shadow of the Red Mountain is a medium armor set in the other Ashlander style that can be found in Stonefalls.
- Ahemmusa Tribe — a tribe whose main camp is in the Bitter Coast region of Vvardenfell.
- Ash Exiles — a minor hostile tribe found primarily in Nchuleft in Vvardenfell.
- Erabenimsun Tribe — a tribe whose main camp is in the Molag Amur region of Vvardenfell.
- Kagesh Tribe — a tribe living near Iliath Temple in Stonefalls.
- Mabrigash Tribe — the tribe settled in the Vale of the Ghost Snake in Deshaan.
- Red Exiles — a hostile tribe found all across Vvardenfell.
- Ulath Tribe — a minor hostile tribe found near the Cave of Memories in Stonefalls
- Urshilaku Tribe — a tribe whose main camp is in the West Gash region of Vvardenfell.
- Vereansu — a minor hostile tribe found near the Muth Gnaar monastery in Deshaan.
- Zainab Tribe — a tribe whose main camp is in the Grazelands region of Vvardenfell.
- Ahemmusa Camp — An Ashlander camp found along the Bitter Coast in Vvardenfell.
- Ald'ruhn — An Ashlander meeting place found north of Balmora.
- Almurbalarammi — A Daedric ruin found in the Azura's Coast region of Vvardenfell.
- Ashurnabitashpi — A Daedric ruin found in the Ashlands region of Vvardenfell, north of Ald Carac.
- Beran Ancestral Tomb — An unmarked ancestral tomb found in the Azura's Coast region of Vvardenfell, near Tel Branora.
- Cavern of the Incarnate — The resting site of failed Incarnates and a shrine to Azura.
- Cave of Memories — A cave in western Stonefalls, northwest of Heimlyn Keep.
- Dreudurai Glass Mine — A mine found in the Molag Amur region of Vvardenfell.
- Ebonheart — A city in central Stonefalls.
- Erabenimsun Camp — An Ashlander camp found in the Molag Amur region of Vvardenfell.
- Hleran Ancestral Tomb — The long-lost gravesite of the Hleran family.
- Iliath Temple — A Tribunal temple in western Stonefalls, northwest of Kragenmoor.
- Kaushtarari — An abandoned temple of the Daedric Prince Malacath in Vvardenfell.
- Kudanat Mine — A mine located to the north of Balmora.
- Muth Gnaar — A monastery in western Deshaan, just southeast of the town of Narsis.
- Nchuleft — A Dwemer ruin found in the Grazelands region of Vvardenfell containing Dwemer constructs.
- Othrenis — A necropolis in southeastern Stonefalls, southwest of Senie.
- Red Exile Camp
- Shrine to Saint Rilms — A small shrine in central Deshaan, just southeast of the city of Mournhold.
- Skar — An Ashlander meeting hall inside the hollowed-out body of an ancient Emperor land-crab.
- Softloam Cavern — A cave northeast of Kragenmoor in Stonefalls containing Daggerfall soldiers.
- Starved Plain — A battlefield just outside Davon's Watch in Stonefalls.
- Suran — A town found northeast of Vivec City in the Ascadian Isles region of Vvardenfell.
- Thizzrini Arena — A camp in central Reaper's March, just north of Rawl'kha.
- Urshilaku Camp — An Ashlander camp found in the Ashlands region of Vvardenfell.
- Vale of the Ghost Snake — A small village in eastern Deshaan, east of the city of Mournhold.
- Valley of the Wind
- Vivec City — The largest city on Vvardenfell and the home of Vivec.
- Zainab Camp — An Ashlander camp found in the Grazelands region of Vvardenfell.
- Burning Revenge: Help a survivor of the monastery fire exact revenge.
- The Champion Division: Become the Grand Champion of Thizzrini's Champion Division.
- Divine Favor: Seek the Tribunal's aid against a band of renegade Ashlanders.
- The Fate of a Friend: Find out what happened to an Ashlander's lost friend.
- The Fetish: Identify the origins of a strange religious statue.
- From the Wastes: Help the Kagesh wise woman defuse hostilities between Ashlanders and House Dunmer.
- Honor Bound: Rescue the inhabitants of Muth Gnaar from a monastery fire.
- Quieting a Heart: Help a woman speak to her deceased lover one last time.
- Savages of Stonefalls: Slay the most vicious creatures in the Stonefalls countryside.
- Trade Negotiations: Find out what happened to Raston Vendil.
- The Trial of the Ghost Snake: Decide the fate of the Mabrigash tribe.
- Undermined: Repel the Ashlander attack on Iliath Temple.
- An Armiger's Duty: Investigate the disappearance of pilgrims around Molag Mar.
- Ancestral Ties: Help a Redoran noble look into his family's past.
- Ash-Eater Hunt: Accept the Erabenimsun Tribe's challenge and hunt a dire ash beetle.
- Ashlander Relations: Seek out the Ashlander tribes in Vvardenfell and prove your trustworthiness.
- Divine Delusions: Discredit an Ashlander's claim to the title of Nerevarine.
- Divine Inquiries: Investigate potential causes of the Warrior-Poet's loss of divine power.
- Divine Intervention: Help the clockwork mage create a tonal inverter to counteract the power of Sunna'rah.
- Divine Restoration: Seek guidance from the Lady of Twilight against a common foe.
- Great Zexxin Hunt: Accept the Erabenimsun Tribe's challenge and hunt a deadly nix-ox.
- Haunted Grounds: Help drive out spirits infesting a nobleman's new property.
- King Razor-Tusk Hunt: Accept the Erabenimsun Tribe's challenge and hunt a powerful kagouti.
- Mother Jagged-Claw Hunt: Accept the Erabenimsun Tribe's challenge and hunt a giant mudcrab.
- Of Faith and Family: Discover what happened to Redoran councilor's exiled son.
- Old Stomper Hunt: Accept the Erabenimsun Tribe's challenge and hunt a crazed cliff strider.
- Relics of Ashalmawia: Help recover historical relics from a Daedric ruin.
- Relics of Ashurnabitashpi: Help recover historical relics from a Daedric ruin.
- Relics of Assarnatamat: Help recover historical relics from a Daedric ruin.
- Relics of Dushariran: Help recover historical relics from a Daedric ruin.
- Relics of Ebernanit: Help recover historical relics from a Daedric ruin.
- Relics of Maelkashishi: Help recover historical relics from a Daedric ruin.
- Relics of Yasammidan: Help recover historical relics from a Daedric ruin.
- Tarra-Suj Hunt: Accept the Erabenimsun Tribe's challenge and hunt a deadly nix-hound.
- Tribal Troubles: Collect several pieces of Dwarven scrap for the Ashlanders of Zainab.
- Writhing Sveeth Hunt: Accept the Erabenimsun Tribe's challenge and hunt a deadly greater hive golem.
- Ashlander Tribes and Customs by Ulran Releth of House Redoran — A treatise on the Ashlander tribes
- Ashlander Wise Women by Jiuba Rothalen — A treatise on the importance of Ashlander Wise Women
- Before the Ages of Man: Merethic Era by Aicantar of Shimmerene — Chronicle of the major events of the Merethic Era
- The Five Far Stars by Zershishi Mus-Manul — Ashlander poetry
- The Grave of Skar by Anrunn Frozen-Cove — A tale of the founding of Ald'ruhn
- House Hlaalu Philosophy of Trade — The philosophy of House Hlaalu
- House Redoran Advisory
- House Redoran Orders by Captain Brivan
- House Redoran Registry — A registry of the recent events and changes within House Redoran ranks
- Legend of the Ghost Snake by Bonorion the Wanderer — Observations on the Mabrigash tribe
- Letter from Vila by Vila Theran
- Letter to Councilor Dolvara by High Councilor Meriath — Correspondence between the councilors of House Redoran
- The Mabrigash Trial by Thorgo — Letter describing an encounter with a Mabrigash
- Meeting with Chodala Compiled by Scribe Dakin — Notes on the meeting with Chodala, Nerevarine and Wielder of Sunna'rah
- Morrowind Needs You! — A travel brochure
- Nerevar Moon-and-Star — An Imperial scholarly work on the legend of Indoril Nerevar
- Persistence of Daedric Veneration by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth — A response to a rival author
- Red Exile Instructions by Chodala
- Still-Water's Journal by Stands-In-Still-Water — The journal of an escaped Argonian slave
- Vivec and Mephala — Informational book about ALMSIVI and Mephala
- War of the First Council by Agrippa Fundilius — A brief account of a First Age religious conflict
- Words of the Wind — A volume of verse collected from Ashlander wise women
There are multiple achievements associated with the quests, styles, and locations for this faction.
|Ald'ruhn Annalist||10||Discover the secret of the Hleran Ancestral Tomb.|
|Ashlander Associate||5||Complete your first daily quests for Huntmaster Sorim-Nakar or Numani-Rasi.|
|||Ashlander Style Master||50||Learn every chapter in the Ashlander style book, occasionally found as rewards for completing daily quests for Huntmaster Sorim-Nakar and Numani-Rasi.|
|Ashlands Stalker||5||Complete all seven daily hunts for Huntmaster Sorim-Nakar.|
|Ashlands Relic Preserver||5||Complete all seven relic preservation daily quests given by Numani-Rasi.|
|Ashwalker||10||Complete 10 daily quests for Huntmaster Sorim-Nakar or Numani-Rasi.|
|Bearer of the Blessed Staff||10||Recover the Blessed Staff, Sunna'rah, from the Ashlander Chodala, and determine the true nature of the threat to Lord Vivec.|
|Clanfriend||15||Complete 30 daily quests for Huntmaster Sorim-Nakar or Numani-Rasi.|
|Memory Masher||5||Enter the Cave of Memories and destroy the Ashlander Guardian.|
|Pilgrim Protector||10||End the threat to the pilgrims at Molag Mar.|
|Voice of the Failed Incarnates||10||Disprove the dangerous claims of the Ashlander Chodala.|