This article is about the faction. For the set, see Akaviri Dragonguard.
The Dragonguard are the predecessors of the Blades. Originally from Akavir, the Dragonguard came to Tamriel to serve the Dragonborn, Reman I. Although officially disbanded at the end of the First Era, the Dragonguard continue to wait for the next Dragonborn to claim the Ruby Throne. They are seemingly unrelated to Clivia Tharn's Elite Guard.
Dragonguard Orland, the seemingly last member of the order in Elsweyr, has a bounty on his head placed by Euraxia Tharn to appease the returned dragons. Sai Sahan returns to reform the Dragonguard in Southern Elsweyr, featured in the Dragonhold DLC.
Joining the DragonguardEdit
In the Dragonhold DLC, players are able to aid Sai Sahan in the reconstruction of the Dragonguard. Unlike other factions that feature their own skill lines, players enjoy other perks that are acquired by rebuilding the Dragonguard Sanctum. Rebuilding the sanctum is done by doing quests related to the Dragonguard. Quests from the Main Story of the Dragonhold, as well as dailies obtained from the Sanctum's questgivers, Chizbari the Chipper and Dirge Truptor, count toward the progress. Progress can be tracked in the achievements list, and every milestone unlocks more NPCs to liven up the Sanctuary. The notable unlockable perks at every milestone are:
- A Call to Arms achievement unlocked (Milestone of 4 quests): Chef Service unlocked.
- Restoring the Order achievement unlocked (Milestone of 12 quests): Dragonguard Inner Sanctum Unlocked, as well as its crafting station, Ancient Dragonguard
- Reforging the Dragonguard achievement unlocked (Milestone of 20 quests): Achievement Furnisher NPC Unlocked. The Good Bits quest becomes available, which grants access to the alchemy regant Dragon Rheum upon completion.
- Dragonguard Operative achievement unlocked (Milestone of 30 quests): Unlocks access to the daily rewards chest, the Dragonguard Supply Chest, located in front of Dirge Truptor.
- Dark Water Temple — A Dragonguard sanctuary accessed through a trapdoor in Kynesgrove.
- Dov-Vahl Shrine — A hidden Akaviri shrine located in Northern Elsweyr's The Scar.
- Dragonguard Tomb — A concealed Dragonguard burial site.
- Imperial City — The central city and capital of Cyrodiil and all of Tamriel.
- Arboretum — The southeastern district of the Imperial City.
- Arena District — The eastern district of the Imperial City.
- Dragonfire Cathedral — An ancient temple hidden beneath the Imperial City.
- Elven Gardens District — The northwestern district of the Imperial City.
- Imperial Sewers — The sewer system of the Imperial City.
- Memorial District — The northeastern district of the Imperial City.
- Nobles District — The western district of the Imperial City.
- Temple District — The southwestern district of the Imperial City.
- Moongrave Fane — A group dungeon in the ancient ruins of a forgotten Khajiiti faith.
- Sancre Tor — The ruin of an ancient Imperial city in the Colovian mountains of Cyrodiil.
- Storm Talon Temple — A hidden Dragonguard accessed through a trapdoor in Aphren's Hold.
- Tideholm — An island off the coast of Southern Elsweyr, due east of the South Guard Ruins.
- The Valley of Blades — A secluded valley in the Dragontail Mountains of Hammerfell.
- Wind Scour Temple — A Dragonguard temple hidden beneath HoonDing's Watch.
- The Dragonguard's Legacy: Respond to a blademaster's summons and hunt for a way to fight the Dragons.
- The Horn of Ja'darri: Acquire a legendary Dragonhorn from a Dragon's lair.
- The Dragon's Lair: Investigate a Dragon's lair off the coast of Senchal.
- Reformation: Convince the crew of the Perfect Pounce to join the Dragonguard.
- Uneasy Alliances: Help Nahfahlaar find an old ally.
- The Good Bits: Learn how to harvest Dragon Rheum.
- The Dragonguard's Quarry: Help the Dragonguard cull the Dragons in Southern Elsweyr.
- Rude Awakening: Stop the Order of the New Moon from recruiting in Stormhaven.
- Taking Them to Tusk: Disrupt the Order of the New Moon's courier to the Oathbound clan.
- Sticks and Bones: Stop the Order of the New Moon and the Worm Cult from forging an unholy alliance.
- File Under D: Retrieve Dragonguard scrolls from the Reliquary of Stars.
- A Lonely Grave: Find a lost Akaviri grave in a distant cave.
- The Good Bits by Dahfnar — A list detailing the most useful alchemical ingredients derived from Dragons
- Leave the Dragons Where they Lie by R — A letter from one Dragonguard to another