|This page or parts of this page were previously transcluded from lore pages per this discussion.
This page should be checked for potential lore or other unrelated information. Please remove this banner when the page has been cleaned up.
|County Cheydinhal, in Nibenay Basin
|Shops and Services|
|Guilds and Temples|
Cheydinhal is a city in eastern Cyrodiil whose architecture and culture contains heavy Dunmer influence due to its close proximity to Morrowind's border. Located in the foothills between the Valus and Jerall Mountains, Cheydinhal sits on the northeastern edge of the Nibenay Basin, a river valley of tributaries to Lake Rumare and the Niben River.
Cheydinhal consists of three districts: Cheydinhal Castle, Market, and Chapel. The dominating feature of the city is a tributary of the Corbolo River, which bisects the city from north to south. The river is crossed by three bridges: a single bridge to the north connects the Market district to the Chapel district, while two smaller bridges to the south connect the southwest plaza and Chapel via a small island park.
The Dark Brotherhood
The Dark Brotherhood has a sanctuary in this city at the Abandoned House (see map). Rumor has it that Count Andel Indarys knows, but threats and bribes from the Dark Brotherhood have managed to keep him quiet. See Joining the Dark Brotherhood for more information.
Quests Starting Here
- A Brush with Death: Help a distraught wife find a famous painter who has gone missing.
- Corruption and Conscience: The Captain of the Guard in Cheydinhal is corrupt and the citizens want him removed.
- The Wayward Knight: You must escort Farwil and his fellow knight through the Oblivion gate to retrieve the sigil stone to close the gate.
- Buying a house in Cheydinhal: Purchase a large house in the exclusive end of Cheydinhal.
- The Sword of the CrusaderKotN: Retrieve the Sword of the Crusader and reconsecrate it.
- The Desolate Mine: Deliver a weapons shipment to the Desolate Mine.
- Amelion's Debt: Help Biene Amelion satisfy a debt by retrieving an heirloom.
- The Fugitives: Find and kill some fugitives that have been causing trouble near Bravil.
- The Noble's Daughter: Find Lord Rugdumph gro-Shurgak's missing daughter.
- Mystery at Harlun's Watch: Investigate the disappearance of some locals from Harlun's Watch.
- The Elven Maiden: Steal a statuette for a mystery buyer.
- Allies for Bruma: You are asked to bring in reinforcements for Bruma from the other towns.
- Separated at Birth: Investigate rumors around Chorrol that indicate some strange behavior on the part of one Reynald Jemane.
View of the Imperial City and Cheydinhal from the top of Frostcrag Spire
- It's possible to climb over the walls and out the city. See this for details.
- This bug is fixed by version 3.5.0 of the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.