- After completing Separated at Birth, talk to Guilbert Jemane.
- Discover Weatherleah and clear it of enemies.
- Take the brothers to Weatherleah and receive your reward.
After reuniting Guilbert and Reynald Jemane in Separated at Birth, talking to Guilbert reveals the quest to help them reclaim their childhood home of Weatherleah. They say that their family was run off one day by Ogres, hence the separation. They can't remember where it is except that it was "South of Chorrol, north [sic] of Fort Carmala." However, it is actually southwest of Fort Carmala.
Asking around town will direct you to Sabine Laul who is a local explorer and member of the Fighters Guild. She'll tell you where Weatherleah is and kindly mark it on your map. Once Weatherleah is marked you can easily find it. Arriving on the scene you will find three leveled Redguard Valley Ogres. Dispatch them with whatever means you wish.
The Jemane brothers enjoy food and drink at Weatherleah.
Head back to Chorrol to find the Jemane brothers. On the news that their home is once again ogre-free, they will want to return. Guide them back (they forgot where it is - remember, you can fast travel) to complete the quest and get a leveled gold reward.
- When you first arrive at Weatherleah, you need to explore the area in order to get the next quest update. Specifically, there is an invisible marker behind the house (between the house and the large tree). You need to walk within 1000 feet of that marker for the quest update telling you that you have found Weatherleah (quest stage 20). Even if you proceed to kill all three ogres, you will not get the journal update informing you the ogres are all defeated (quest stage 40) until you have wandered past the invisible marker.
- The ogres only appear at Weatherleah when Guilbert offers you the quest.
- If you are a thief, then you can exploit the fact that Reynald has left his home for good, and steal whatever you please, after completing this quest.
- Sabine Laul does not mark Weatherleah on your map when you are expelled from the Fighters Guild, as she refuses to talk to you.
- If you already have discovered the location of Weatherleah, you can skip talking to Sabine Laul and head straight for Weatherleah.
- If you already know that Sabine is the one you need to ultimately speak to and head straight for her, she will still refer to you to "Sabine Laul of the Fighters Guild," as if she were a completely different person.
- The three ogres may wander off and when you arrive at Weatherleah there are no ogres to be found anywhere - even though you are told that they need to be killed. Check the surrounding area. They've been known to wander long distances to attack passing monsters and hunters - even as far away as Hackdirt and beyond.
- If you continue to have problems with this portion of the quest, you can use the console command
setstage MS16A 40 to advance the plot to the next stage. Otherwise it is advisable to load an earlier save until the ogres are there. Do not continue with other quests before completing this one because you will not be able to obtain the Escutcheon of Chorrol, the Honorblade of Chorrol, or begin the quest Sins of the Father.
|Legacy Lost (MS16A)
||Guilbert and Reynald Jemane have asked for my help in reclaiming their ancestral home. I need to look for Weatherleah, somewhere to the south of Chorrol. Perhaps I could ask around town and see if anyone can help.
||One of the townspeople in Chorrol mentioned that Sabine Laul at the Fighters Guild may know Weatherleah's location, as she has explored much of the surrounding area. I should speak to her next.
||Sabine Laul at the Fighters Guild in Chorrol told me that Weatherleah should be due south of Chorrol and she's kindly marked it on my map. I should head out there now.
||I've found Weatherleah south of Chorrol, but it's overrun with ogres. I should report this information to Guilbert.
||Guilbert was glad that I'd found Weatherleah's location, but I'll need to kill the ogres so that it's safe to travel there.
||The ogres have been defeated. I should make my way back to Chorrol and bring this information to Guilbert.
||Guilbert was very happy to hear that I'd killed the band of ogres at Weatherleah, and is anxious to return. I should take he and his brother there as soon as I'm ready.
||I'm taking the Jemane brothers back to Weatherleah to reclaim their inheritance.
||I've brought Guilbert Jemane safely to Weatherleah. Unfortunately, Reynald was killed along the way. (If Reynald is killed on the way back to Weatherleah; which is impossible because both brothers are essential) or
The Jemane brothers have returned safely to Weatherleah. (If both brothers make it alive)
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage MS16A stage, where
stage is the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.