|● Weather Table ●|
The Heartlands are a lowland area in Cyrodiil consisting of the central areas of the province. It forms a border with the regions Great Forest on the north and west, Nibenay Basin on the east, and Nibenay Valley on the south. The Red Ring Road forms the border on most sides but its eastern border stretches roughly half way to Cheydinhal and its southern border extends down the Niben River to the end of Niben Bay. The Blue Road enters the region from the east, and the Yellow Road from the southeast.
A list of places found in the region of Heartlands.
Villages, Farms, and SettlementsEdit
- Aleswell — A village with an inn north of the Imperial City (quest-related).
- Pell's Gate — A small village, including an inn, directly south of the Imperial City (quest-related).
- Roland Jenseric's Cabin — A house between the Imperial City and Cheydinhal (quest-related).
- Weye — A village with an inn west of the Imperial City (quest-related).
- Aleswell Inn — Located in the settlement of Aleswell, northwest of Fort Caractacus (quest-related).
- The Sleeping Mare — A small inn located in the town of Pell's Gate.
- Wawnet Inn — An inn in Weye, just west of the Imperial City (quest-related).
- Old Bridge — A bridge on the Red Ring Road south of the Imperial City (quest-related).
- A Strange DoorSI — A mysterious door on a floating island in the middle of Niben Bay.
- The Blue Road — Main road from the Imperial City to Cheydinhal.
- The Red Ring Road — The ring road circling Lake Rumare (and the Imperial City).
- The Yellow Road — Eastern road from the Imperial City to Leyawiin.
Bodies of WaterEdit
- Lake Rumare — A large lake surrounding the Imperial City.
- Niben Bay — The large lake that forms the outflow from Lake Rumare into Topal Bay.
- Belda — A medium-sized Ayleid ruin between the Imperial City and Cheydinhal containing conjurers.
- Culotte — A small Ayleid ruin southeast of the Imperial City containing undead (quest-related).
- Fanacasecul — A small Ayleid ruin west of the Imperial City containing undead.
- Nagastani — A medium-sized Ayleid ruin between the Imperial City and Cheydinhal containing monsters and undead.
- Sercen — A small Ayleid ruin north of the Imperial City containing bandits.
- VanuaKotN — A medium-sized Ayleid ruin southeast of the Imperial City containing undead (plugin-specific).
- Vilverin — A large Ayleid ruin northeast of the Imperial City containing bandits and undead (quest-related).
- Fort Alessia — A medium-sized fort between the Imperial City and Bravil containing marauders.
- Fort Caractacus — A small fort north of the Imperial City containing conjurers (quest-related).
- Fort Chalman — A small fort northeast of the Imperial City containing undead.
- Fort Empire — A medium-sized fort northwest of the Imperial City containing monsters.
- Fort Grief — A medium-sized fort northeast of Bravil containing NPCs (quest-locked).
- Fort Homestead — A medium-sized fort south of the Imperial City containing marauders.
- Fort Magia — A medium-sized fort east of the Imperial City containing undead (quest-related).
- Fort Nikel — A small fort west of the Imperial City containing bandits and marauders.
- Fort Urasek — A medium-sized fort east of the Imperial City containing goblins.
- Fort Variela — A medium-sized fort between Bravil and the Imperial City containing necromancers.
- Fort Virtue — A small fort southwest of the Imperial City containing undead.
- Empty Mine — A medium-sized mine east of the Imperial City containing goblins.
- Flooded Mine — A small mine north of Bravil containing one NPC (quest-related).
- Barren Cave — A small cave west of Cheydinhal containing vampires.
- Dzonot Cave — A medium-sized cave west of the Imperial City containing bandits.
- Fatback Cave — A medium-sized cave south of the Imperial City containing goblins.
- Imperial Prison Sewer (Tutorial) — The sewer system northeast of the Imperial City where the tutorial takes place. Later, it may be seen as Imperial Prison Sewer (Scheduled for Execution).
- Imperial Prison Sewer (Scheduled for Execution) — The sewer system northeast of the Imperial City you access to kill Valen Dreth.
- Imperial Sewers SE. Exit — The southeastern entrance to the Imperial City sewer system.
- Memorial Cave — A small cave southeast of the Imperial City containing vampires (quest-related).
- Shinbone Cave — A medium-sized cave southeast of the Imperial City containing goblins.
- Sideways Cave — A medium-sized cave northeast of the Imperial City containing monsters.
- Sinkhole Cave — A medium-sized cave northwest of the Imperial City containing bandits.
- The North Tunnel — A medium-sized sewer system north of the Imperial City containing bandits.
- Veyond Cave — A large cave north of Bravil containing NPCs.
- Wellspring Cave — A small cave east of the Imperial City containing necromancers (quest-related).
A list of all quests involving the region of Heartlands.
- Tutorial: You must follow the secret escape route to escape the prison.
- Deliver the Amulet: You must deliver the Amulet of Kings to Jauffre in Weynon Priory.
- The Path of Dawn: You must return to Baurus in the Imperial City to try to track down the stolen Amulet of Kings.
- Light the Dragonfires: Escort Martin to the Temple of the One… but will you be able to crown him Emperor?
- Join the Mages Guild: Join the Mages Guild and earn recommendations from all guild leaders to gain access to the Arcane University.
- Bravil Recommendation: Recover a fellow mage's staff to obtain a recommendation from Bravil.
- A Mage's Staff: Complete your induction into the Mages Guild by creating your own staff.
- Ulterior Motives: Retrieve a book from the Count of Skingrad.
- Vahtacen's Secret: Find out how the Mages Guild's excavation of Vahtacen is faring.
- Necromancer's Moon: Find out about Black Soul Gems.
- Liberation or Apprehension: Locate a Necromancer informant and return him safely to the Arcane University.
- Information at a Price: Travel to Skingrad to receive information from Count Hassildor... at a price.
- A Plot Revealed: Travel to Bruma and find out why the Mages Guild there has stopped correspondence.
- The Necromancer's Amulet: Find the Necromancer's Amulet and return it to the Arcane University.
- The Bloodworm Helm: Find the Bloodworm Helm and return it to the Arcane University.
- Ambush: Oversee a contingent of Battlemages in their fight against the Necromancers and retrieve a unique Black Soul Gem from an old "friend".
- Confront the King: Find the King of Worms and end the Necromancers' attacks on the Mages Guild.
- Finding the Thieves Guild: So you want to join the Thieves Guild? Don't you know it doesn't even exist?
- May the Best Thief Win: You want to join, but are you a good enough thief?
- Untaxing the Poor: Steal the tax records for the Waterfront residents.
- The Elven Maiden: Steal a statuette for a mystery buyer.
- Misdirection: Help the Thieves Guild get the waterfront back to normal.
- Taking Care of Lex: Get Hieronymus Lex reassigned.
- Turning a Blind Eye: Steal a stone for the Gray Fox.
- Arrow of Extrication: Steal an arrow for the Gray Fox.
- Boots of Springheel Jak: Find out where Springheel Jak is buried and retrieve a pair of magical boots for the Gray Fox.
- The Ultimate Heist: Steal an Elder Scroll for the Gray Fox, and for glory!
- Scheduled for Execution: An old "friend" in the Imperial Prison needs to be released... from living.
- Next of Kin: Next to the Great Oak in Chorrol, your next assignment demands the lives of an entire bloodline.
- Final Justice: Beneath an Old Bridge lies the next drop, requesting judgment on a known psychotic.
- A Venerable Vintage: Nerussa would like you to collect six bottles of a rare wine for her.
- An Unexpected Voyage: The Bloated Float Inn has been hijacked by brigands while you slept!
- Buy a house in the Imperial City: Get your foot on the property ladder with a rundown shack in a poor district.
- Caught in the Hunt: Ursanne Loche's husband is missing!
- Go Fish: Help Aelwin contribute to his retirement savings by obtaining the scales from some Rumare Slaughterfish for him to sell.
- Imperial Corruption: One of the Imperial Guard captains in the Imperial City is corrupt.
- Nothing You Can Possess: Umbacano wants you to recover a decorative carving from the High Fane.
- Origin of the Gray Prince: Agronak gro-Malog, the Imperial Arena Grand Champion asks you to find proof of his noble birthright.
- Secrets of the Ayleids: Umbacano wants you to try to buy the Crown of Nenalata from a rival collector.
- Tears of the Savior: S'drassa of the Leyawiin Mages Guild is looking for Garridan's Tears.
- The Arena: Work your way through the ranks of the Arena's gladiators.
- The Collector: Help Umbacano, a collector of ancient artifacts, recover the "Ten Ancestors", a set of ancient Ayleid statues.
- The Lonely Wanderer: A High Elf in the Imperial City must be removed from existence.
- The Order of the Virtuous Blood: You are asked to help kill a Vampire.
- Unfriendly Competition: A newly opened shop run by Thoronir is selling goods below cost, causing big problems for the other merchants.
- Vampire Cure: A long quest to gain the cure for vampirism.
- Zero Visibility: Help the citizens of Aleswell become visible again.
- Armorer Master Training: Receive the highest level training for your Armorer Skill.
- Blunt Master Training: Receive the highest level training for your Blunt Skill.
- Mercantile Master Training: Receive the highest level training for your Mercantile Skill.
- Sneak Master Training: Receive the highest level training for your Sneak Skill.
- Frostcrag SpireWT: In the frozen mountains of Cyrodiil stands Frostcrag Spire, a tower of wonders for your magic-oriented character to call home.
- On the ingame map, much of the terrain labeled as "The Heartlands" to the northeast of the Imperial City is actually part of the Great Forest.