Caranya: what's her story?
Good Girl Gone Bad?Edit
Approach Arch-Mage Traven to receive your next task. It appears Caranya has left the University, taking the Necromancer's Amulet with her. Hannibal would like you to talk to her and convince her to hand it over. He mentions she can be found at Fort Ontus and marks its location on your map. The fort lies to the southwest of Chorrol.
Inside the FortEdit
When you get to the fort, the apparently friendly mages inside will assume you are there to join their ranks. They will thusly direct you straight to Caranya, who can be found in the center of the Ontus Understreets. When you get to her, Caranya will reveal that she is a necromancer and that she desires to recruit you to her movement. After it becomes clear that neither side will agree to the other's wishes, she attacks. Because Caranya is unarmored and allows you to get near her, she should not prove to be too difficult an opponent. She does however have powerful spells that could cause some serious damage when used in rapid succession, so using Silence and Resist Magic against her is recommended. Another strategy is to initiate the fight, then retreat back through the gate. You may then safely use ranged attacks, as the gate makes her spells inaccurate. When she has been killed, take the Necromancer's Amulet from her body.
Make Your EscapeEdit
The mages of Fort Ontus will now reveal themselves to be Necromancers and attack on sight. Individually, they are far weaker than Caranya, but can be deadly in groups. Killing them one at a time before you face Caranya is one way to avoid complications here. After finding your way past the necromancers, return to the Arcane University and speak with Traven to complete the quest. Unfortunately, once you hand the amulet over to Traven it is gone from the game.
- Running this quest and Misdirection together will require you to pay a Blood Price when you kill Caranya.
- An achievement will be unlocked upon being promoted to Master-Wizard.
- Even after speaking with Caranya and causing the mages attack on sight, killing them will still count as a murder if you strike first.
- The Necromancer's Amulet is technically leveled. However, Caranya is always level 30 and the amulet takes its cue from her statistics rather than yours. Therefore, you will always receive the same reward (a level 25+ Amulet) no matter when you complete the quest.
- The corpses of mages killed before talking to Caranya will still change into Necromancer's Robes.
|The Necromancer's Amulet (MG16Amulet)
||I need to travel to Fort Ontus to retrieve the Necromancer's Amulet, and return it to the Imperial City.
||I've arrived at Fort Ontus. I need to find Caranya, and get the Necromancer's Amulet from her.
||Caranya was a traitor to the Mages Guild, and intended to deliver the Amulet to the King of Worms. I need to get out of Fort Ontus and take the Amulet back to the Arcane University.
||I've delivered the Necromancer's Amulet to Hannibal Traven.
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage MG16Amulet stage, where
stage is the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.