|# of Zones||2|
(1 boss-level Bandit)
|1 boss-level Chest 02|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|DzonotCaveExterior, DzonotCave, DzonotCave02|
|West of the Imperial City, on the island side of the lake|
- The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel 2, 13
- This location's map marker (M on map) is named Dzonot Cave (editor name DzonotCaveMapMarker). The entrance door is ESE of the marker, 40 feet away.
- 1 Nirnroot is at location N on map
- The following ingredients can be found near the entrance: 2 Apples and 2 Carrots
- The following plants can be found near the entrance: 6 Sacred Lotus plants and 5 Water Hyacinth plants
- 1 bedroll is at location b on map
- Over 30 items outside the cave are duplicated, causing two items to exist in exactly the same space. This can lead to odd effects, such as picking up an apple but seeing another apple in the same position.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
Zone 1: Dzonot CaveEdit
This zone is very linear even though it is spread out in three dimensions; the route takes the rough form of a left-handed spiral.
When you enter the cave you're on the lower level of a two level area. Above you there will be at least one bandit, so sneaking along the canyon is a good idea unless you enjoy the smash and run approach to cave crawling. Almost immediately after entering the cave you will come across a tripwire. Take care to avoid this or you'll receive a log in the back of your head for your pains. Following the tunnel to the end, you may discover an Orc Adventurer; this will make stealth in the subsequent sections more difficult, as he or she is likely to be spotted by the bandit inhabitants.
Bear right and you enter a cave with two bandits. You will often hear them before you see them as they ease their boredom by talking to each other. Each bandit guards a chest containing minor treasure. Continuing round the cave you will come across at least one more bandit, guarding a chest by the remains of a previous adventurer. Further round still there is at least one more bandit, usually guarding the bridge across the entry corridor. Continue round past another chest towards the exit.
- 1 Orc Adventurer (25% chance of appearing) at location O on map
- 2 Bandit Enemies (each 50% probability melee , 25% archer Bandit, 12% Dog, 12% Nuisance Animal)
- 1 archer Bandit
- 1-2 melee Bandits
- 2 Chests 01 (both locked)
- 2 Chests 02
- The following weapons will always be found: 1 Iron Shortsword
- The following plants will always be found: 13 Cairn Bolete plants
Doors and Gates:
- There are two doors in/out of this zone
- 1 bedroll at location b on map
Zone 2: Dzonot Main CavernEdit
This zone takes the form of one large cave that curves around like a question mark from the perspective of somebody entering. There will be a maximum of only three bandits in this area, one of which is a Boss. If possible try to kill the others off first.
One may be directly in front of you when you enter the cave; the next will be around to your right. A sneaky arrow shot should take care of them. After that you can head for the boss in relative safety.
- 1 boss-level Bandit at location A on map
- 1 archer Bandit
- 0-1 melee Bandit
- 1 boss-level Chest 02 (Bandit variety) at location B on map
- 1 Chest 01 (locked)
- 1 Chest 03
- 1 Chest 04
Doors and Gates:
- There is one door (at C) in/out of this zone, leading to the zone Dzonot Cave
- 3 bedrolls at locations b on map