Favors are miscellaneous objectives and activities for citizens of Skyrim that typically involve doing a small errand for the quest giver. Completing these favors can increase their disposition towards you, thereby progressing any objective to assist the people of a hold as part of the quest to become a Thane of that hold (except in the Rift – see notes).
Increasing your relationship rank with the quest giver implies:
- You are freely able to take any low-value items in the quest giver's home.
- If the quest giver is a candidate for marriage, they will now like you enough to consider marrying you.
- If the quest giver is a potential follower, they will now like you enough to follow you.
- The quest giver may allow you to sleep for free in beds they own.
- You have provided assistance to a citizen of their hold, which helps you become a thane in that hold—even if the favor is completed before you start the hold's thane quest.
Note that favor quests for jarls usually lead to the beginning of the hold's thane quest, rather than counting as assistance to citizens, and also that people who live in Orc strongholds or travel with Khajiit caravans do not count as citizens of holds, and so improving their relationship rank does not help with any thane quests.
Several of the quests below are radiant quests, and some have multiple quest givers. If you have an active objective from a radiant quest, you must complete that quest before you can receive the same quest from a different quest giver; however, you can receive another quest which has the same name but is a different quest, for example if you are on the Delivery (Hillevi) quest you can begin Delivery (Sorex) without any problems.
Some factions have favor quests that you can do for members of that faction. Those quests are not listed here; see the faction pages for details.
These favors display no information in your quest log, and with the exception of brawling per the activity Fight! Fight!, are repeatable and can be easily completed without any skill use.
- Chop Wood: Get paid to chop firewood. (radiant)
- Fight! Fight!: Prove your strength by wagering on a fist fight with another. (radiant)
- Gather Wheat: Get paid to gather crops. (radiant)
- Mine Ore: Get paid to mine ore. (radiant)
- Quest all Beggars Have: Take pity on a beggar. (radiant)
- Quest all Drunks Have: Make a drunk dance for joy. (radiant)
In these quests, you have to collect one or more non-unique items and bring them back to the quest giver.
- Coated in Blood: Bring a Daedra heart to Moth gro-Bagol.
- Dravynea's Frost Salts: Find some frost salts for Dravynea the Stoneweaver.
- Few and Far Between: Help Ingun restock Elgrim's rare ingredients.
- Grin and Bear It: Give ten bear pelts to Temba Wide-Arm.
- Helping Hand: Help Wujeeta cure her skooma addiction.
- Ice Cold: Find five ice wraith teeth for Marise Aravel.
- Rare Gifts: Do a favor by finding a rare item. (radiant)
- Ringmaker: Help Madesi make jewelry.
- Sealing the Deal: Find three flawless amethysts for Talen-Jei's engagement ring.
- Smooth Jazbay: Collect 20 Jazbay Grapes for Avrusa Sarethi.
- Stoking the Flames: Find 10 fire salts to restore Balimund's forge.
In these quests, you have to deliver an item or message from the quest giver to another NPC (or to a particular location). Usually they cause you to befriend the quest giver, but not the person who wanted the delivery.
- Bothela's Discreet Delivery: Deliver the Stallion's Potion to Raerek or Reburrus.
- Climb the Steps: Deliver a load of goods up to High Hrothgar for Klimmek.
- Delivery: Deliver an item to an associate. (radiant)
- Delivery (Hillevi): Deliver a bottle of Nightshade Extract to Wuunferth the Unliving.
- Delivery (Sorex): Deliver a bottle of Rum to Falk Firebeard.
- Delivery to Calcelmo: Deliver a ring to Calcelmo.
- Elisif's Tribute: Take Torygg's war horn to the Shrine of Talos.
- For the Good of Morthal: Deliver a letter to Captain Aldis in Solitude.
- Gharol's Message: Deliver Gharol's sword to Lash.
- Greatsword for a Great Man: Adrianne asks you to deliver a sword to Proventus Avenicci, her father.
- A Lovely Letter: Use a forged letter to resolve a love triangle.
- Pilgrimage: Help Alessandra make peace with her dead father.
- Rogatus's Letter: Deliver a letter to a farmer's son.
- Salt for Arcadia: Farengar asks you to deliver some frost salts to Arcadia.
- Special Delivery: Deliver a purchase agreement to Kleppr in Markarth.
- Special Delivery: Make a delivery for Sylgja to Darkwater Crossing.
- Spread the Love: Distribute religious literature to the citizens of Riften.
- That Was Always There: Return a ring to its rightful owner.
- Under the Table: Deliver a smuggled Black-Briar Mead keg to the inn at Ivarstead.
In these quests, you have to kill a person or creature on behalf of the quest giver. Often you will find yourself fighting others as well on the way to the target, who is usually the boss of a dungeon.
- Dark Ancestor: Destroy Dengeir's risen ancestor, the vampire Vighar.
- Harsh Master: Take care of a runaway crew member. (radiant)
- Kill the Bandit Leader: Do a favor by slaying a bandit leader. (radiant)
- Kill the Bandit Leader (Jarl): Slay a bandit leader for Siddgeir, the Jarl of Falkreath. (radiant)
- Kill the Forsworn Leader (Jarl): Do a favor for Jarl Igmund by killing a Forsworn leader. (radiant)
- Kill the Giant (Jarl): Do a favor for the Jarl of Dawnstar by killing a giant. (radiant)
- Kill the Vampire: Do menial work for Sybille Stentor by assaulting a vampire lair.
- Kolskeggr Mine: Clear the Forsworn from Kolskeggr Mine.†
- Mine or Yours: Help Filnjar by ridding the Redbelly Mine of frostbite spiders.
- Nimhe, the Poisoned One: Kill the giant frostbite spider blocking access to Nchuand-Zel.
- Soljund's Sinkhole: Defeat the draugr in Soljund's Sinkhole.†
In these quests, you have to persuade another NPC of something on behalf of the quest giver.
- A Few Words with You: Do a favor by talking to someone about a problem. (radiant)
- Bullying Braith: Convince Braith to stop bullying Lars.
- No News is Good News: Find out about the fate of Angeline Morrard's daughter from Captain Aldis.
- Sanuarach Mine: End the dispute over Sanuarach Mine.
- The Spiced Wine: Convince Vittoria Vici to hand over some spices.
- Stabilized: Help Shadr clear his debt with Sapphire.
In these quests, you have to find something unique (usually just one item) and return it to someone, usually the quest giver. The difference between Collection and Retrieval quests is that in collection quests, you can find the thing you need in several different locations, whereas in these quests you have to go to a particular spot.
- Amulet of the Moon: Find the Moon Amulet for Kharjo. (radiant)
- Andurs' Arkay Amulet: Retrieve Andurs' Amulet of Arkay from the catacombs.
- Argonian Ale Extraction: Brenuin longs for the taste of Argonian Ale. Can you steal some for him?
- Bow to the Master: Retrieve a farmer's stolen bow.
- Caught Red Handed: Gather three marks of Dibella to help Svana Far-Shield against Haelga.
- Distant Memories: Help Brand-Shei uncover his past.
- Dragon's Breath Mead: Retrieve the Dragon's Breath Mead and give it to either Olda or Horgeir.
- Dungeon Delving (Bandits): Do a favor by retrieving an item from a bandit hideout. (radiant)
- Dungeon Delving (Caves): Do a favor by retrieving an item from a cave. (radiant)
- Dungeon Delving (Jarl - Caves): Do a favor for Jarl Korir by retrieving the Helm of Winterhold. (radiant)
- Dungeon Delving (Jarl - Hagravens): Do a favor for Igmund, the Jarl of Markarth by retrieving a shield. (radiant)
- Finn's Lute: Return an invaluable lute to Inge Six Fingers.
- The Forgemaster's Fingers: Find the Forgemaster's Fingers to gain favor with the Orcs. (radiant)
- The Ghost of Old Hroldan: Put an ancient ghost to rest. (radiant)
- Grimsever's Return: Recover Mjoll's beloved sword, Grimsever, from Mzinchaleft.
- Hunt and Gather: Retrieve Wylandriah's spoon, ingot, and soul gem.
- Lisbet's Missing Shipment: Retrieve a missing Dibella Statue for a struggling store. (radiant)
- Pantea's Flute: Find a missing flute for Pantea.
- Rjorn's Drum: Retrieve a drum for Giraud Gemane.
- Search and Seizure: Find evidence of a Talos worshipper for the Thalmor.
- Salty Sea-Dogs: Find some void salts for an inexperienced sea captain. (radiant)
- Skilled Apprenticeship: Retrieve a skill book for Ghorza gra-Bagol.
- Some Light Theft: Do a favor by stealing an item. (radiant)
- The Straw that Broke: Discover what is plaguing Narfi's mind.
- Truth Ore Consequences: Retrieve an ore sample from Filnjar.