Skyrim:Kill the Bandit Leader (Jarl)
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
This is a radiant quest which is received from Siddgeir if he is the Jarl of Falkreath. The bandit camp is chosen from the following list: Bilegulch Mine, Cracked Tusk Keep, Embershard Mine, Knifepoint Ridge, Bannermist Tower.
- Speak to Siddgeir, the Jarl of Falkreath.
- Travel to the assigned dungeon.
- Kill the bandit leader.
- Return to Siddgeir.
If you have Hearthfire installed, then at level 9, a courier will deliver a letter from the Jarl of Falkreath. Reading it will trigger the Falkreath version of Build Your Own Home and, when this quest is running, talking to Siddgeir will allow you to start the Bandit Leader quest without any prerequisites. However, the normal prerequisite for this quest is Rare Gifts, a radiant quest which can be given by six different people. If you have received that quest from any of the other five, then you cannot receive it from Siddgeir, and you must complete the other version before you can get it from Siddgeir. It is advisable that, if possible, Siddgeir's version of Rare Gifts should be completed soon after leaving Helgen, as the mead he wants can be found near the exit to the keep.
After completing the prerequisite quest or receiving the letter from Siddgeir, talk to him in order to initiate this quest.
Once you have reached the assigned dungeon, you will only have to kill the bandit leader of that dungeon; killing the lesser enemies is not mandatory, but would make your job easier.
Return to Siddgeir to collect your reward of gold.
- Siddgeir is the only Jarl of Falkreath who gives this quest, which is the last prerequisite he requires before starting the Thane of Falkreath quest. If Dengeir is jarl, then he will already consider you a friend, and start that quest without any further prerequisites.
- The quest will not be available if you have another "kill the leader" bounty quest active.
- If you start this quest after Rare Gifts, before you reach level 9 and then get a letter from a courier, a sidequest to see jarl will remain active forever.
|Kill the Bandit Leader (Jarl) (Favor154)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective 10: Kill the leader of <Alias=BanditCamp>
Objective 15: Return to Siddgeir
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 200.