|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
- Fight or sneak your way through a dungeon.
- Retrieve an item.
- Return the item.
This is a radiant quest which you can receive from any of the following five people. The dungeon is randomly determined from those in the table, which are based on the hold in which the quest-giver resides.
|Quest Giver||Home||Quest Item||Dungeon(s)||Reward|
|Frida||The Mortar and Pestle (Dawnstar)||Ring of Pure Mixtures||Forsaken Cave, Hillgrund's Tomb, Shrouded Grove||+1 Alchemy skill increase|
|Noster Eagle-Eye||The Winking Skeever (Solitude)||Noster's Helmet||Broken Oar Grotto, Shadowgreen Cavern, Steepfall Burrow||+1 Sneak skill increase|
|Oengul War-Anvil||Blacksmith Quarters (Windhelm)||Queen Freydis's Sword||Ansilvund, Cragwallow Slope, Cronvangr Cave, Lost Knife Hideout, Stony Creek Cave, Uttering Hills Camp||+1 Smithing skill increase|
|Roggi Knot-Beard||Steamscorch Mine (Eastmarch)||Roggi's Ancestral Shield||Ansilvund, Cragwallow Slope, Cronvangr Hall, Lost Knife Hideout, Stony Creek Cave, Uttering Hills Camp||+1 Block skill increase, plus he'll be available as a follower|
|Runil||Hall of the Dead (Falkreath)||Runil's Journal||Bloated Man's Grotto, Brittleshin Pass, Darkshade Copse, Embershard, Greywater Gorge, Halldir's Cairn, Moss Mother Cavern, Southfringe Sanctum, Sunderstone Gorge||Leveled gold|
- Once you've turned in these quests, the items you were meant to retrieve can then be either pickpocketed from the quest-giver, looted off their corpse, or purchased from them if they are a merchant. The most valuable item to take is the Ring of Pure Mixtures, which is one of only two guaranteed Fortify Alchemy enchantments in the game that can be disenchanted (and the only one that does not require you to join a faction or complete an optional leg of a particular quest). It can be purchased from Frida once you deliver it, but only with the Merchant perk.
- If you make Roggi Knot-Beard a follower, you may be able to take the shield from his inventory.
- Only one radiant quest of a similar type can be assigned at any given time. You must clear the radiant quest from your miscellaneous quests in order to be eligible to receive another of the same type.
- Because this is a favor quest which affects the quest giver's disposition, it will count towards the "Help the People" part of the thane quest for the quest giver's hold.
- Frida and Oengul will only have the relevant dialogue options during their business hours.
- Shrouded Grove should also have been available for Frida's quest, but the location wasn't marked as a cave.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.3.3 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- For the skill-increase rewards, the quest giver may say that they are giving you the training, but the skill does not actually increase, and you don't get a notification that it has increased.
- This may happen when that skill was very close to leveling up anyway when you returned the item to the quest giver. One possible solution is to reload a save from before you returned the item, level up that skill by other means (using it, hiring a trainer, or reading a skill book), and then turn the item in.
|Dungeon Delving (Caves) (Favor205)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective 10: Find <Alias=QuestItem> inside <Alias=Dungeon>
Objective 15: Return <Alias=QuestItem> to <Alias.ShortName=QuestGiver>
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 200.