Quests are sorted by where they are assigned or by which faction assigns them. Skyrim also offers hundreds of smaller quests, all of which are listed under Miscellaneous Quests.
Quests by TypeEdit
- Main Quest — Walkthrough for all parts of the game's main quest
- College of Winterhold — All quests for the College of Winterhold
- Companions — All quests for the Companions
- Dark Brotherhood — All quests for the Dark Brotherhood
- Imperial Legion — All quests for the Imperial Legion
- Stormcloaks — All quests for the Stormcloaks
- Thieves Guild — All quests for the Thieves Guild
Other Quests and Official Add-OnsEdit
- Daedric — Quests related to the Daedra Lords
- Side Quests — Quests that are not part of a quest line, including four quests related to the Eight Divines, one quest for the Bards College, and nine Dungeon Quests
- Official Add-Ons — List of the official add-ons in Skyrim
- Miscellaneous — List of most miscellaneous quests, i.e., short quests that are displayed in the "Miscellaneous" section of your quest log
- Some additional varieties of miscellaneous quest not listed in the "Miscellaneous" page above include:
- Thane Quests — Summary of quests related to becoming a Thane of the various holds of Skyrim, including relevant miscellaneous and other quests
- World Interactions — Random events that you may witness while exploring Skyrim, for which no information is displayed in your quest log
Quests by LocationEdit
- Dawnstar — All quests for the city of Dawnstar
- Falkreath — All quests for the city of Falkreath
- Markarth — All quests for the city of Markarth
- Morthal — All quests for the city of Morthal
- Raven RockDB — All quests for the city of Raven Rock
- Riften — All quests for the city of Riften
- Solitude — All quests for the city of Solitude
- Whiterun — All quests for the city of Whiterun
- Windhelm — All quests for the city of Windhelm
- Winterhold — All quests for the city of Winterhold
- Dragon Bridge — Quests for the town of Dragon Bridge
- Helgen — Quests for the town of Helgen
- Ivarstead — Quests for the town of Ivarstead
- Karthwasten — Quests for the town of Karthwasten
- Riverwood — Quests for the town of Riverwood
- Rorikstead — Quests for the town of Rorikstead
- Shor's Stone — Quests for the town of Shor's Stone
- Skaal VillageDB — All quests for the town of Skaal Village
- Darkwater Crossing — Quests for the settlement of Darkwater Crossing
- Kynesgrove — Quests for the settlement of Kynesgrove
- Old Hroldan Inn — Quests for the settlement of Old Hroldan Inn
- Stonehills — Quests for the settlement of Stonehills
- Tel MithrynDB — Quests for the settlement of Tel Mithryn
- Thirsk Mead HallDB — Quests for the settlement of Thirsk Mead Hall
- All Quests — An alphabetical list of all the quests in Skyrim
- Unfinished Quests — Quests that were never properly completed by Bethesda
Achievements related to completing quests are:
- 8 achievements are obtained by completing the Main Quest.
- 15 achievements are obtained by completing faction quests:
- Sideways (20 points/Bronze) — Complete 10 side quests
- Hero of the People (30 points/Bronze) — Complete 50 Misc Objectives
Some categories of quests can be distinguished by the decorative knotwork displayed alongside the quests' titles in the Journal.
- Quests may disappear from the bottom of your journal as other quests and objectives are added or completed. This affects both active and completed quests. Missing active quests are still active, and will reappear if objectives are completed, but only the newly completed objectives will appear; old objectives, whether completed or not, won't be displayed. This typically occurs when your total quests (both active and complete) goes well over 200.
Mod Notes: Most likely, the limit is exactly 255 when you include completed miscellaneous quests. This is the maximum value that can be stored in a single byte.
- It may be possible to mitigate this issue by doing the oldest active quests first. That way, only completed quests will disappear.
- This bug can also be used to effectively remove infinitely repeating quests such as The Dark Brotherhood Forever or "Talk to the Companions leaders for work" from your quest list. Do these quests early on and they'll eventually disappear as you do other quests.