|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Keeping the Mine SafeEdit
Dravynea the Stoneweaver is a Dunmer alteration expert living in Kynesgrove. When she is not working in the Steamscorch Mine, you can find her wandering the town or in the Braidwood Inn. Should you be in the market for some free Alteration training, ask her about her business in Kynesgrove. She will explain that she uses her powers as a mage to keep the mine safe. She is able to make a potion using frost salts to keep the temperature in the mine bearable, but is out of frost salts at the moment. Tell her that you can get some for her. She will off-handedly offer you free training if you actually bring her the salts.
Finding Frost SaltsEdit
The quest will update to "Bring some Frost Salts to Dravynea". While the term "some" is rather ambiguous, only one bowl of frost salts is required to fulfill the objective. If you do not have a sample in your inventory already, there are many ways to obtain a sample: from the corpse of a frost atronach, purchasing one from an apothecary merchant, creating a sample at the Atronach Forge, or placed randomly on shelves. If you are a member of the College of Winterhold, you have access to two free samples in the Hall of Countenance alchemy lab.
When you have your sample, take it to Dravynea to complete the quest. She will seem surprised that you actually came through, and will give you a free training session equaling one level of Alteration as a reward.
- Because this is a favor quest which affects Dravynea's disposition, it will count towards the "Help the People" part of the Thane of Eastmarch quest.
- This quest can be assigned multiple times, resulting in a +1 Alteration skill improvement every time the quest is completed.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- Sometimes, doing this quest doesn't raise Dravynea's disposition, it remains at 0 instead of 1 (tested). This may or may not result in not being given the option to marry her (untested).
|Dravynea's Frost Salts (FreeformKynesgroveA)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective 10: Bring some Frost Salts to Dravynea
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 20, 200.