|2nd||Lingering Damage Magicka|
|3rd||Weakness to Magic|
|Merchant Avail.||None ()|
Torchbug Thoraxes can be acquired by catching torchbugs. Torchbugs come out at night in most non-snowy areas. Their slow flight and illuminated bodies make them fairly easy to catch.
In terms of combinations of two ingredients, Torchbug Thoraxes can be combined with 47 other ingredients.
|Desired Effect||Combine with:|
|Fortify Stamina||Restore Stamina||Large Antlers, Scrib JerkyCC (1.25×,1.27×) (1.2×,1.22×)|
|Lingering Damage Magicka||Restore Stamina||Purple Mountain Flower|
|Desired Effect||Combine with:|
|Restore Stamina||Bear Claws (0.8×,0.78×), Bee, Charred Skeever Hide, ChokeweedCC (1.2×,1.22×), Eye of Sabre Cat, Hackle-Lo LeafCC (1.2×,1.22×), Hawk Beak, Histcarp, Honeycomb, Mudcrab Chitin, Netch JellyDB (2.0×), Orange Dartwing, Pearl, Pine Thrush Egg, Powdered Mammoth Tusk, Sabre Cat Tooth, Salmon RoeHF (0.4×, 0.36×), SaltriceCC (1.2×,1.22×), Silverside Perch, Small Pearl, Wisp Wrappings|
|Lingering Damage Magicka||Hagraven Claw, Ogre's TeethCC (2×,2.14), Scalon FinCC (2×,2.14), Swamp Fungal Pod, Wheat|
|Weakness to Magic||Creep Cluster, Dreugh WaxCC (1.5×,1.56×), Dwarven Oil, Jazbay Grapes, Kresh FiberCC (1.5×,1.56×), MarshmerrowCC (1.5×,1.56×), Rock Warbler Egg, RoobrushCC (1.5×,1.56×), Salt Pile, Scaly Pholiota, Taproot|
|Fortify Stamina||Boar TuskDB (1.25×,5×,7.5×), Chaurus Eggs, Fungus StalkCC (1.25×,5×,7.5×), Garlic, Lavender, Slaughterfish Egg, Void EssenceCC (1.25×,5×,7.5×)|
33 guaranteed samples can be found in 13 different locations. Locations with multiple samples are:
- 9 in the Midden (Winterhold)
- 6 in Forsaken Crypt (The Pale)
- 3 in Proudspire Manor (Solitude)
- 3 in the White Hall (Dawnstar)
- 2 in Cragwallow Slope (Eastmarch)
- 2 in the Hall of Countenance (College of Winterhold)
- 2 in Hjerim (Windhelm)
This ingredient is not in the
VendorItemIngredient category that allows it to be traded by apothecary merchants (see bugs).
Torchbugs appear at insect spawning sites, but only between 8pm and 11pm. Some of the sites (50 in all) generate only torchbugs, each one spawning at most 10 insects. The majority of the sites generate up to three nocturnal insects, with a random mix of both torchbugs and luna moths. These sites also typically generate blue and monarch butterflies between 6am and 6pm. In total, there are 576 spawning sites in 153 different locations. Locations with the greatest numbers are:
- 22 around Talking Stone Camp (Hjaalmarch)
- 17 inside Bloated Man's Grotto (Falkreath Hold)
- 14 around Broken Fang Cave (Whiterun Hold)
- 13 around Lund's Hut (Whiterun Hold)
- 13 around Sleeping Tree Camp (Whiterun Hold)
- 12 around Swindler's Den (Whiterun Hold)
- 11 around the Apprentice Stone (Hjaalmarch)
- 11 inside Shadowgreen Cavern (Haafingar)
- 11 around the Whiterun Imperial Camp (Whiterun Hold)
- 11 around Whitewatch Tower (Whiterun Hold)
- Torchbug thorax is one of 4 items needed at the Atronach Forge to create a Spell Tome: Soul Trap.
- If they are flying too high to catch, you can use the first part of the shout Unrelenting Force to knock them dead out of the air, down onto the ground.
- Torchbug thorax is actually the abdomen of the insect, rather than the thorax. The thorax is the middle section, where the legs and wings attach to the body, while the abdomen is the end part of the insect.
- This ingredient cannot normally be bought from apothecary merchants, even though it should be available according to their merchandise leveled lists. It also cannot be sold to apothecary merchants; it can only be sold to general goods merchants.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.