|1st||Damage Health (1.5×)|
|2nd||Ravage Stamina (2.1×)|
|4th||Weakness to Poison|
Deathbell comes from a plant of the same name that is common in swampy areas, such as Hjaalmarch. Despite what is said in the Herbalist's Guide to Skyrim, it does not have any Fortify Alchemy effect—there are no ingredients that provide that effect.
Its Damage Health effect has a larger magnitude than standard ingredients (although other ingredients have even larger Damage Health effects; see the effect page for details). Its Ravage Stamina poisons have the same magnitude as standard ingredients, but have a higher gold value.
- "Folklore abounds about this flower found in the swamps of Hjaalmarch. Some stories claim it grows where unfortunate deaths have taken place, others insist it grows first and then lures unsuspecting people and animals to their doom. I have found no direct evidence to support these stories; indeed I found the flowers difficult to locate at all. While it is most well-known for its use in poisons, it would be remiss to overlook that the blooms of the Deathbell are very effective in mixtures for boosting one Alchemy skill." - Agneta Falia from the Herbalist's Guide to Skyrim.
In terms of combinations of two ingredients, Deathbell can be combined with 50 other ingredients.
|Desired Effect||Combine with:|
|Damage Health||Slow||Poison BloomDG (1.5×), River Betty (2.5×)|
|Damage Health||Weakness to Poison||ChokeberryCC (1.5×,1.56×) (1.5×,1.56×), Small Antlers, Wisp Stalk CapsCC (1.5×,1.56×) (1.5×,1.56×)|
|Ravage Stamina||Slow||Bungler's BaneCC (1.5×,3.34×) (2×,2.14×)|
|Ravage Stamina||Weakness to Poison||Hypha FaciaCC (1.5×,3.34×) (1.5×,1.56×)|
|Desired Effect||Combine with:|
|Damage Health||Coda FlowerCC (1.5×,1.56×), Crimson Nirnroot (3.0×), Ectoplasm, Emperor Parasol MossDB, Falmer Ear, Fire PetalCC (1.5×,1.56×), Gnarl BarkCC (1.5×,1.56×), Human Flesh, Human Heart, Imp GallCC (1.5×,1.56×), Imp Stool, Jarrin Root (100×), Mort FleshCC, Nightshade, Nirnroot (12.6×), Red Mountain Flower, Redwort FlowerCC (1.5×,1.56×), Scalon FinCC (1.5×,1.56×), Skeever Tail, Troll Fat, Void Salts|
|Ravage Stamina||Bee, Berit's Ashes, Bone Meal, Honeycomb, ScathecrawDB, Spawn AshDB, Thistle Branch|
|Slow||Burnt Spriggan WoodDB, Elytra IchorCC (2×,2.14×), Green Butterfly WingCC (6×,0.57×), Kresh FiberCC (2×,2.14×), Large Antlers (6×, 1.75×), Rot ScaleCC (3×,0.26×), Salt Pile, Trama RootDB, Worm's Head CapCC (2×,2.14×)|
|Weakness to Poison||Abecean Longfin, Bleeding Crown, Chaurus Eggs, Giant Lichen, Pine Thrush Egg, Sabre Cat Tooth|
169 guaranteed samples can be found in 61 different locations. Locations with the greatest numbers of already-harvested samples are:
- 21 in Forelhost Refectory (The Rift)
- 7 in Angeline's Aromatics (Solitude)
- 7 in Arcadia's Cauldron (Whiterun)
- 7 in Forsaken Crypt (The Pale)
- 6 in Grave Concoctions (Falkreath)
- 6 in Jorrvaskr Living Quarters (Whiterun)
- 6 in the Thalmor Embassy, Elenwen's Solar (Haafingar)
- 5 in Erikur's House (Solitude)
- 5 in the Hall of Countenance (College of Winterhold)
- 5 in Vittoria Vici's House (Solitude)
- 4 in Stony Creek Cave (Eastmarch)
It is categorized as a rare ingredient, meaning that most apothecary merchants have a 21% chance of carrying 1-4 samples. In addition, it may be randomly found only in rare-type apothecary's satchels. Other possible locations for already-harvested samples include:
- 3 guaranteed samples sold by Enthir
The ingredient can be harvested from the flower of the deathbell plant, for which there are 193 plants found in 30 different locations. Locations with the greatest numbers of plants are:
- 32 around the Apprentice Stone (Hjaalmarch)
- 31 around Folgunthur (Hjaalmarch)
- 18 around Morthal (Hjaalmarch)
- 14 around Movarth's Lair (Hjaalmarch)
- 11 around Ustengrav (Hjaalmarch)
- 10 around Meeko's Shack (Hjaalmarch)
- 9 around the Abandoned Shack (Hjaalmarch)
- 9 around Fort Snowhawk (Hjaalmarch)
- 9 in Shalidor's Maze (Hjaalmarch)
- Deathbell is one of 4 items needed at the Atronach Forge to create a Spell Tome: Conjure Storm Atronach.
- Using deathbell in a ravage stamina poison gives a duration of 20 seconds instead of the standard 10 seconds. Since the ravage stamina effect is not affected by duration this only leads to an increase in the resulting potion's value.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.