Arthropods • Bipedals • Camelids • Canines • Cervines • Constructs • Equines • Felines • Heavyweights • Toys • Ursines
Guar and kagouti can roar. While idling they may act agitated and roar at the sky.
- "While I find the idea of 'Dark Elf assassins chasing Reman's loyalists in Morrowind on luminous Potentate guar steeds' to be laughably absurd, Mirannah's date of 2E 27 seems accurate for the first use of these ferocious mounts."—Honorata Ancrus, Eyevea
- "The amber glow of this Gill Guar marks its origin as Gideon. Gideon Glowgill Guar is a mouthful, yeah? That's why it's an Ambergill instead. Watching a herd of these race out from Gideon? Impressive, just like their riders!"—Ukaspa of Lilmoth
- For years, the Baandari Pedlars have traveled hither and yon, requiring them to train and equip mounts for both comfort and utility. Now you too can ride a colorful guar mount that has that Baandari style!
- Like other reptilian creatures, Guar can be bred for bright, even gaudy colors. The Argonians of Dhalmora offer this entertaining variant, a popular performer in Tamriel's traveling shows.
- A breed of guar bred for cavalry use, able to carry an armored warrior into battle.
The Banded Guar Charger is a grey and red guar mount that was previously available from the Crown Store for 1300 . Its run in the Crown Store lasted from March 17, 2015 to July 31, 2016. It is now available in the Wild Hunt Crown Crates as an Epic-level reward. Its default name is "Redeye".
- This fell monstrosity inspired Maestro Efnort of the Bards College to write the poem "The Red-Eyed Terror of Zthenganaz." In truth, this steed most often chooses intimidation and flight tactics over direct confrontation.
- The blazing orange of its hide hints at both the origin and temperament of this guar mount. Though born from and shaped in the fiery Deadlands, you hold the power to temper it into a fierce but loyal mount.
- "This one doesn't sell many Guars here at the Riverhold Stables because Khajiit are folk who value their natural dignity and prefer not to ride so silly a beast. But a Guar in Dragonscale Bard is a thing of beauty!" — Master Groom Zarbi'dahuz
- Guar vamidiums, or Dwarven Guar Mounts, are most often associated with Dwemer sites in Morrowind—as might be expected, since that's where guar are most in use as pack and riding animals.
- Flame Atronachs are summoned from the Oblivion plane of Infernace, a realm so hot that molten rock flows across its surface, and its Daedra are creatures of living flame. Summoned to Tamriel, such atronachs can be given almost any shape, even a Guar!
- This kagouti-shaped frost atronach might just be the last thing an unfortunate apprentice warlock crafted before becoming its first victim. Perhaps you can tame this mount? If not, best have extra healing potions on hand for the inevitable bites.
- Since the Guar is native to warmer climates, the existence of the Frostbane Guar in Skyrim, theoretically protected from the cold by its dangling talismans, may be the strongest argument of those who say the Frostbane wards actually work.
- "A Dunmer mage came by, shaking with rage, and tersely asked for my toughest mount. Though my Gloomspore Guars are a bit nippy, probably due to the extra bleeding crown I used to make them, they have thick fungal hide."—Mage Naleldil
- "These Glowgill Guar mounts come from a coastal tribe over near Archon. Handsome, are they not? I've been told they can breathe underwater through those gills, though personally, I have never tested this." —Ukaspa, Stablemaster of Lilmoth
The Glowgill Guar was given away as a Daily Reward in December 2018. Its default name is "Swimmer".
- A crossbreed of banded and wild guar, as fearsome as it is intelligent and difficult to control.
- The robust Green Narsis is the standard mount and dray-beast of central Morrowind.
The Green Narsis Guar is a green guar mount that came with the 2015 "Black Fredas Special!" bundle in the Crown Store for 1,900 . It can also be found in Dwarven Crown Crates as an Epic-level reward. Its default name is "Narsty".
- "Some dryskins ask, 'Since a Guar is already a swamp reptile mount, why create Lizard-Steeds shaped like Guar? Isn't that somewhat redundant?' These dryskins are unusually perceptive!" —Ukaspa of Lilmoth
- The Hearthfire Kagouti appears to be a sort of magical hybrid, a wizard's experimental melding of a carnivorous reptile and a flame atronach. The fact that they were first sighted in the Telvanni Grazelands lends this theory some credence.
The Hearthfire Kagouti was available from the Crown Store for 4,000 from May 25 to June 12, 2017. It returned during the Morrowind Celebration Event in 2019 and was offered to ESO Plus subscribers at a discounted ? . Its default name is "Emberscale".
- In Black Marsh this mount is called Scales-Seem-Daubed-with-Hist-Sap, but the rest of Tamriel just calls it the Hist Guar. It is the only subspecies of guar known to enjoy music.
The Hist Guar is a green guar mount with glowing yellow splotches. It was available from the Crown Store for 1,500 , and as part of the Shadows of the Hist Collector's Bundle. It was also available as a Legendary-reward in the Xanmeer Crown Crate season. Its default name is "Apricot".
- The legend of Jaque o' the Hollow has spread even to the misty realms of eastern Tamriel where the Guar roam the woods and marshes, and during the dark nights of the Witches Festival reptile-riders may also find themselves haunted and headless!
- Domesticating the savage Kagouti to serve as a mount is a recent endeavor, and to be frank, more than a little experimental. Do you have what it takes to stay in the saddle on one of these fierce, bipedal reptiles?
- Wheeled constructs and fabricants do just fine in most regions of the Clockwork City, but for traversing rough synthetic terrain, Seht's Apostles prefer the tough and capable Kagouti Fabricant mount.
- "While resting during their evacuation from Nenalata, guar mounts would voluntarily form a circle around the young and infirm, protecting them from danger. Their leader, Mafrelatta, set her calves amid them to share warmth."—Beredalmo the Signifier
- "The eyes of this guar feel like they're reaching into my soul. As it turns out, that was a warning. It bit my hand soon after."—Jonnet of the Sunwalkers
- This stalwart mount comes from the ashlands downwind of the volcanoes of the Velothi Mountains, and is well adapted to surviving under the harshest of conditions.
The Pale Velothi Guar is a white guar mount. It was previously sold in the Crown Store for 2,500 from (?) to (?). It is also available as a Legendary-level reward in Dwarven Crown Crates. Its default name is "Ash".
- Psijic monks crossing the doubtful terrain of Black Marsh or southern Morrowind are more concerned with the practical matter of safe and sure riding than whether they look dignified and impressive. For these purposes, the Guar Exemplar is unequaled.
- Blending in with the shifting gray ash clouds on the slopes of Red Mountain, the Shadowghost Guar are the only known nocturnal breed of the species, and thus are rarely seen, even by the native Dark Elves.
- The naked, grisly smile on the broad skull of the Skeletal Guar may be enough to send lesser opponents fleeing in terror when you ride into battle on its creaking, bony frame. The Worm Cult, of course, will just be jealous.
- This colorful guar was once thought to be poisonous by many, but found to be relatively harmless by an adventuresome rider. Caution! Patience is needed to bring this obstinate mount to heed.
The Skyfire Guar was available in the Crown Store for 2500 from November 30 to December 6, 2017. It returned to the store from March 1 to March 9, 2021, when it was offered to ESO Plus members at a discount for 2000 . It is also available as a Legendary-level reward in Psijic Vault Crates. Its default name is "Gemscale".
- By modifying Koron's Peremptory Summons, the standard spell used to call atronachs from Oblivion, the conjurer can compel a Daedra to assume the form of a common Tamrielic mount - even a Guar, if so desired!
- A sturdy, multi-purpose guar, at home anywhere from swamps to the ashlands.
- "Guar who fall in battle earn a place in Sovngarde. Some later walk among us, serving as faithful and courageous mounts to those who dedicate themselves to brave acts. They leap quickly into action when called."—Clever Woman Moritra
- Wild Hunt Guar are mounts that have reverted to the shapeshifting chaos of the Dawn Era. They have become part plant and part animal, as wonderful as they are abominable.
The Wild Hunt Guar is a green Wild Hunt-themed guar mount made out of roots and held together by nature magic. It is available as an Apex-level reward from Wild Hunt Crown Crates. It leaves behind green footprints, and small flowers briefly bloom where it stands still. Its default name is "Root-Foot".