|To meet our site's higher standard of quality, this article or section may require cleanup. The user who placed this here had the following concern:
May need to be updated following changes in Update 26.
To leave a message about the cleanup for this article, please add it to this article's .
To access Cyrodiil and PvP you need to select a home campaign. Once you select a campaign for a character it will be locked to that character's faction (except for Blackreach), and you can only change when the campaign ends. You can join a friend in another campaign (these are locked by faction as well except for Blackreach). If you change your Home campaign, you will be unable to change it again for 12 hours once you have entered it; it will remain faction locked the duration of the current campaign.
Campaigns are limited in player numbers, with room for players from other campaigns factored in. It is no longer possible to have two characters in opposing factions assigned to the same campaign (e.g. you cannot have both an Aldmeri Dominion character and an Ebonheart Pact character assigned to the Icereach campaign). Depending on which campaign you decide to join, you may experience queues depending on their popularity. Blackreach is an exception to this, in Blackreach it is possible to have two or three characters from opposing factions use this as their home campaign or visit (it is not faction locked).
There are a limited number of campaigns available. The European and North American Servers share most campaign names (i.e. there is an Icereach campaign on both servers), and players can play two campaigns on two servers. Campaigns will be changed as the game evolves, with some having limits on joining (such as a minimum level). Imperial City is now separate from campaigns, it exists as a CP-enabled or no-CP instance for North American and European servers.
Campaigns are timed (at launch, campaigns all lasted 90 days), and scoring is based on ownership of certain objectives, such as keeps, resources, or Elder Scrolls. A new campaign will start shortly after the previous ends. When this happens the scoring will be reset, but keeps will still be owned by the Alliance that controlled them at the end of the campaign. Each alliance maintains a leaderboard for the duration of the campaign. This lists players according to the number of Alliance Points they have earned during that campaign, and can be filtered by alliance and class. If all six keeps around the Imperial City are claimed by one alliance, the player at the top of that alliance's leaderboard will be crowned Emperor of that campaign. The Emperor is deposed if that alliance loses control of all six keeps.
Alliances will receive additional bonuses if they do well across campaigns. The bonuses are limited to the current PvP campaign area.
Campaign scoring is based on your alliance's ownership of Keeps, Outposts, Resources and Elder Scrolls, and is the same for each campaign. Ownership of home objectives gives double points. The score is evaluated each hour. Access to the Imperial City, for those who own the DLC or are members of ESO Plus, campaign rulesets are standardized as of Elsweyr, all objectives (other than scrolls and keeps) grant 1 point each (double for home objectives); scrolls count 10 points each and keeps count 5 points each.
The alliance with the highest score at the end of the campaign's duration is deemed the winner of that campaign, and all participants receive a reward based on the number of Alliance Points they earned during that campaign, indicated by the "End of Campaign Reward Tier" bar shown on the Alliance War Overview. Participants from the losing alliances also receive a lesser reward based on their Reward Tier value.
|7 day Campaigns|
|Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|
|1st Place Alliance||2100 gold||3000 gold + 1 Superior Item||3900 gold + 1 Epic Item|
|20 Keep Wall Masonry Repair Kits|
|2nd Place Alliance||1375 gold||1750 gold||2125 gold|
|10 Keep Wall Masonry Repair Kits|
|3rd Place Alliance||950 gold||1100 gold||1250 gold|
|5 Keep Wall Masonry Repair Kits|
|Top 2% Players per Alliance||3000 gold + 1 Legendary Item|
|Top 3–10% Players per Alliance||1500 gold + 1 Epic Item|
|30 day Campaigns|
|Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|
|1st Place Alliance||10500 gold||15000 gold + 5 Superior Items||19500 gold + 5 Epic Items|
|20 Keep Wall Masonry Repair Kits + Transmutation Geode + Champion's Cache|
|2nd Place Alliance||6875 gold||8750 gold||10625 gold|
|10 Keep Wall Masonry Repair Kits + Transmutation Geode|
|3rd Place Alliance||4750 gold||5500 gold||6250 gold|
|5 Keep Wall Masonry Repair Kits + Transmutation Geode|
|Top 2% Players per Alliance||15000 gold + 5 Legendary Items|
|Top 3–10% Players per Alliance||7500 gold + 5 Epic Items|
At certain times, one of the alliances may qualify for an "underdog bonus" during a particular campaign. These are applied when an alliance has a consistently low population of players entering that campaign, or if an alliance has a significantly lower score than the others. Underdog bonuses are re-evaluated every 30 minutes, and grant a 20% increase to Alliance Point gain for the duration. The population and scoring bonus takes all the samples its collected over a period of time, and then on each evaluation period, measures the current score against the average of the prior samples, then applies bonuses as needed. An alliance that is currently benefiting from an underdog bonus will display one of the following icons on the scoreboard:
Every player who enters Cyrodiil is given the Battle Spirit bonus, regardless of their level. On a player below Level 50 150, this also stacks with "battle leveling", which scales up their attributes, armor, and damage ratings in order to remain competitive. Other bonuses are earned based on the number of enemy keeps your alliance controls, and how many Elder Scrolls are stored within them. An additional bonus is given to the alliance which contains a campaign's emperor. While in Cyrodiil, the bonuses are taken from the campaign you are currently in. While in PvE zones, the bonuses do not apply. Your alliance must control all Home Keeps and Scrolls in order to benefit from the control of enemy keeps and scrolls.
|Emperorship Alliance Bonus||Increase Max Health by +35 per character level while in player vs. player locations.|
The following is a list of the names for past and current campaigns, with their restrictions listed in brackets. Most names are often derived from notable artifacts or historical figures.
- Active Campaigns
- Blackreach, Ravenwatch, Gray Host, Icereach
- Removed Campaigns
- Daedric Crescent, Eleidon's Ward, Gray Cowl of Nocturnal, Mace of the Crusader, Masque of Clavicus Vile, Moon Cursed Blade, Orichalc Cuirass, Sanguine Rose, Savior's Hide, Skull of Corruption, Spear of the Hunter, Staff of Magnus, Stendarr's Hammer, St. Felms' Cleaver (beta only)
- Sword of the Crusader (PTS only)
- Auriel's Bow, Bloodthorn, Chrysamere, Dawnbreaker, Goldbrand, Hopesfire, Skull Crusher, Volendrung, Wabbajack (90 day duration)
- Celarus (14 day duration)
- Bow of Shadows (Veteran only, 5 day duration)
- Morihaus (Non-Veteran alternate, 48 hour duration)
- Hestra, Versidue-Shaie, Juilek, Rislav, Tavia (Non-Veteran, console only)
- Moon-Cursed Blade (7 day Resources, console only)
- Chillrend[verification needed — Also on PC?] (7 day Scrolls, console only)
- Axe of Belharza (PC only, 7 day duration, gated access to Imperial City)
- Ebony Blade, Spell Breaker (PC EU, 30 day duration)
- Skeleton Key (XB1 NA, 7 day Keeps)
- Azura's Star, Sotha Sil (30 day duration, no CP)
- Scourge (console only, 30 day duration)
- Trueflame, Vivec (PC only, 30 day duration)
- Alkosh, D'Albei, Kastav, Haderus, Xarxes, Shor (7 day duration)
- Skull of Corruption, Thornblade[verification needed — Also PC-NA 30 day?] (console only, 7 day duration)
- Blackwater Blade, Kyne (7 day duration, below 50)
- Almalexia (7 day duration, no CP)
- Bahlokdaan (30 day duration, no CP)
- Kaalgrontiid (30 day duration)
- Mulaamnir (7 day duration, below 50)
- Yolnahkriin (7 day duration)
- Laatvulon ((?))
- Unreleased Campaigns
The following are campaign names derived from the .LANG file that have yet to appear:
- (Artifacts) Oghma Infinium, Orb of Vaermina, Fists of Randagulf, Eye of Nocturnal, Flask of Lillandril, Fearstruck, Warlock's Ring, Witsplinter, Rueful Axe, Robe of the Lich, Ring of Sunfire, Mehrunes' Razor, Mace of Aevar, Lord's Mail, Hrormir's Icestaff, Judgement of Veloth
- (Deities and People) Imperial, Bendu Olo, Kantus Jeril, Ami-El, Belharza, Brazollus Dor, Gorieus, Leovic, Reman Cyrodiil, Reman II, Shor-El, Varen, Alessia, Dinieras-Ves, Morwha, Priscus Mactator, Pelinal Whitestrake, Savirien-Chorak, Y'ffre
- Prior to Update 7 (Imperial City), campaigns had a standardized scoring system: Keeps: 10 points (5 on Haderus); Outposts: 5 points (3 on Haderus); Resources: 1 point (0 on Haderus); Scrolls: 25 points (10 on Haderus).