The Daedric Crescent Blade is a Daedric artifact created by the Daedric Prince Mehrunes Dagon. It has the power to paralyze those it strikes, and puts heavy wear on their armor; it has also been known to create a green ball of energy, but its effects are unknown. There were once many Crescents, which were used by Dagon's forces to take the Battlespire during the Imperial Simulacrum. When the Empire later reclaimed the ruined academy, the Crescents were gathered up and destroyed - all but one. Unknown to the Empire, one of the unique blades remained in existence somewhere in Tamriel, although none had ever seen it..
Daedric Crescent Staves and Daggers existed, and the crescent is also used symbolically as architectural elements in Daedric ruins dedicated to Dagon in Morrowind.
The last Daedric Crescent Blade saw action during Mehrunes Dagon's occupation of the Battlespire. In 3E 427, this last Crescent was discovered by the Nerevarine. It had been in the possession of Lord Dregas Volar, a Dremora who dwelled in the Daedric shrine of Magas Volar, a Daedric sanctuary inaccessible without teleportation. Divayth Fyr of Tel Fyr had come to possess an amulet which would teleport the wearer to the hidden shrine; the Nerevarine used the amulet and defeated Lord Volar, claiming the last known Daedric Crescent.
- Mehrunes Dagon's Invasion Forces
- Unknown Dark Seducer
- Unknown Orc-like Daedra
- Lord Dregas Volar
Dagon's Daedric forces seen with a Daedric Crescent (Codex)
- Although their imagery is associated with Mehrunes Dagon, Dregas Volar used Daedric Cresent Daggers when he served as a general in Molag Bal's service. He was tasked with protecting Dark Anchors, and was slain by the Fighter's Guild while doing so. After his defeat, his crescent daggers and a staff were recovered from the Dark Anchor he defended.
- The Imperial Battlemage, Abnur Tharn, was also known to have crescent weapons.
- The Daedric Crescent Blade appeared in An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire, but not as an obtainable item.
- ^ Tamrielic Lore — Yagrum Bagarn
- ^ a b Volar's Crescent Dagger and Volar's Crescent Staff in ESO
- ^ Shrines to Mehrunes Dagon in Morrowind
- ^ The Morrowind Prophecies page 240
- ^ Events of Morrowind
- ^ General Executioner achievement in ESO
- ^ Lord Dregas Volar's appearance at Dark Anchors in ESO
- ^ Abnur Tharn Style weapons in ESO