|It has been proposed that Online:Blackreach be renamed and moved to Online:Blackreach: Greymoor Caverns.
To leave a message about the renaming of this article, please add it to this article's
This article is about the region. For the portion visited in The Coven Conundrum, see Blackreach: Mzark Cavern.
- Blackreach, a legendary and long-forgotten realm that stretches beneath Skyrim, hides terrible creatures and even more terrible secrets. The caverns beneath Western Skyrim include Greymoor, the Lightless Hollow, Dark Moon Grotto, and Dusktown.
Blackreach is a cavern system located beneath Skyrim.
The largest section, Greymoor Caverns, makes up approximately 40% of the area for Greymoor, and contains four separate caverns connected by inaccessible Dwemer ruins: Dusktown Cavern, Greymoor Cavern, Lightless Hollow, and Dark Moon Grotto.
Two other sections of Blackreach that are part of the Dark Heart of Skyrim story but not the Greymoor chapter include Blackreach: Mzark Cavern, which can be accessed from the southwestern corner of Lightless Hollow, and an area that will be part of the upcoming Q4 Zone DLC.
- Dusktown — A small mining town in Blackreach.
- Greymoor Keep — A massive fortress and home of the Gray Host.
Caves, Ruins and MinesEdit
- Midnight Barrow — A barrow located in Blackreach: Lightless Hollow.
- Nchuthnkarst — A Dwemer ruin located in Dusktown Cavern in Blackreach.
- The Scraps — A Dwemer ruin located in Blackreach: Dark Moon Grotto.
- Vampire Feeding Grounds — A small cave that opens up into a feeding pen for vampires and harrowfiends located west of Greymoor Keep.
- Colossus Charging Station — A small Dwemer ruin that houses Dismantler the Dwarven Colossus.
- Dwarf's Bane Ritual Site — A Harrowstorm ritual site in Dusktown Cavern.
- Gloomforest Ritual Site
- Miner's Lament Ritual Site
- Nightstone Ritual Site — A Harrowstorm ritual site in western Blackreach, near Dark Moon Grotto.
Points of InterestEdit
- Dark Moon Grotto Great Lift — An exit from Blackreach located slightly northwest from the Dwarven Run Wayshrine.
- Darkrise Overlook
- Gloomstalker Village — A primitive Falmer settlement in Blackreach.
- Greymoor Cavern Great Lift — An exit from Blackreach, south of the Greymoor Keep Wayshrine.
- Lightless Hollow Great Lift — An exit from Blackreach in the northeastern edge of the area, just north of the Lightless Hollow Wayshrine.
- Parasite's Cave — An abandoned Dwemer ruin located near Dark Moon Grotto in northwestern Blackreach.
- Dark Moon Grotto Wayshrine
- Deep Overlook Wayshrine
- Dwarven Run Wayshrine — Located in the very north of Dark Moon Grotto in Blackreach.
- Dusktown Wayshrine
- Greymoor Keep Wayshrine
- Grotto Falls Wayshrine
- Lightless Hollow Wayshrine
- Western Greymoor Wayshrine — Located west of Greymoor Keep on the western edge of Greymoor Caverns in Blackreach.
- Adanzda's Mining Samples: Return mining samples to the consortium.
- Digging Up Trouble: Help a pair of ghost hunters uncover the secret of the missing miners.
- Ghamborz's Mining Samples: Return the mining samples to the consortium.
- Hounds of Hircine: Help cure a devastating disease afflicting the werewolves of Dark Moon Grotto.
- Inguya's Mining Samples: Bring a dead miner's samples back to Dusktown.
- Kelbarn's Mining Samples: Return some mining samples to the consortium.
- The Lady of Blood: Help stop an evil vampire and rescue an old friend.
- One Last Adventure: Help find a woman's missing husband.
- Prisoner of the Past: Uncover the truth about a woman's ancestor.
- Reeh-La's Mining Samples: Return mining samples to the consortium.
- The Scraps: Help a Dwemeric Scholar find parts for his new experiment.
- The Tones of the Deep: Temporal disturbances are wreaking havoc within the ruins of Nchuthnkarst.