The Molag Amur region is essentially the southern part of the Ashlands. The two regions are ecologically similar, both being characterized by an arid landscape whose plant life tends to be Trama Root, Fire Petal, and occasional Chokeweed. Molag Amur is distinguished from the northern Ashlands by the presence of lava pools and rivers on the surface. The land is predominantly dark volcanic rock covered with an overlay of ash and cinder, but of a different makeup and appearance from that of the Ashlands proper. Although it is hard to understand how they survive, fauna include Kagouti, Alit, Cliff Racers, Rats, and Kwama Foragers. There are also various Daedra frequently seen in the area, including Scamps and all types of Atronachs.
Molag Amur is a large region, stretching from just east of Balmora clear to the eastern coast, and from the Grazelands south to Molag Mar. It is an irregular triangle, with a truncated point at the region around the Dwemer ruin of Arkngthand, above the Foyada Mamaea opposite Moonmoth Legion Fort. The northern boundary of the Molag Amur region starts just north of the bridge to Arkngthand, stretches eastward from there along the hills north of Lake Nabia, and turns north after the Foyada Ashur-Dan towards the southwest corner of the Grazelands, near the stronghold of Falensarano, and then runs east to the sea. Roads mainly consists of foyadas, volcanic ravines, leading east and north to the important pilgrim sites of Mount Assarnibibi and Mount Kand.
The lower boundary begins below Arkngthand, over the mountains from Lake Amaya, and curves down above the Ascadian Isles, taking a sharp southerly bend which sees it on three sides of Suran. It then goes due east to Molag Mar. On the east side of Molag Mar, there is an inlet, and Molag Amur lies to the north, and its border follows a rough line north from the eastern shore of that inlet.
The region cannot be said to be dominated by any House: the majority of its inhabitants tend to be renegade necromancers and Mages, but House Telvanni has made inroads into the area with the foundation of Tel Uvirith. Relatively near there, the Erabenimsun Camp is testimony to the presence of Ashlander tribes in the eastern part of this region.
Molag Amur is generally an area one passes through out of necessity, not a place where any but the desperate would make a home.
- Molag Mar — A single-canton floating town built for pilgrims by the Temple.
- Tel Uvirith — A Telvanni settlement in the Molag Amur region, located on the site of Uvirith's Grave.
- Erabenimsun Camp — The campsite of the Erabenimsun Ashlander clan.
- Shashurari Camp — A tiny outcast Ashlander settlement west of Erabenimsun Camp.
- Alas Ancestral Tomb — Located northwest of Mount Assarnibibi, at the end of a short canyon.
- Andas Ancestral Tomb — A medium-sized tomb, located north of the Erabenimsun Camp and along the coast.
- Andules Ancestral Tomb — A small, daedra-occupied tomb in the northern Molag Amur region west of Tel Aruhn.
- Aran Ancestral Tomb — A medium-sized tomb east of Lake Nabia in the Molag Amur region.
- Arethan Ancestral Tomb — A small tomb in the mountains of Molag Amur.
- Dulo Ancestral Tomb — A hideout for some vampires in the northwestern Molag Amur region.
- Gimothran Ancestral Tomb — A mid-sized tomb on the northern edge of the Molag Amur region, south of Falensarano.
- Helan Ancestral Tomb — A tomb located in the southern Molag Amur region, just northeast of Molag Mar.
- Maren Ancestral Tomb — A large tomb in the Molag Amur region west of the Erabenimsun Camp.
- Serano Ancestral Tomb — A hideout for some vampires just north of Galom Daeus in the Molag Amur region.
- Vandus Ancestral Tomb — A mid-sized tomb east of Marandus and north of Bal Ur in the Molag Amur region.
- Velas Ancestral Tomb — A small tomb just southwest of Telasero in the Molag Amur region.
Bodies of WaterEdit
- Lake Nabia — A small lake in the Molag Amur region, north of Suran.
- Nabia River — A river in the Molag Amur region of Vvardenfell.
- Ahinipalit — A bandit cave, located along the coast of the mainland and on the peninsula northwest of Tel Fyr.
- Assu — A small cave near Mount Kand and home to the Staff of Magnus.
- Kunirai — A bandit cave north of Telasero and east-northeast of Suran, in the Molag Amur region.
- Nissintu — A small smugglers' cave in the Molag Amur region.
- Piran — A small Sixth House base east of Marandus in the mountains of Molag Amur.
- Punabi — A small sorcerer's cave north of the stronghold of Marandus.
- Saturan — A small bandit cave located over the hills to the northeast of Suran.
- Shushan — A small slaver's cave just a short distance southwest from Uvirith's Grave in the eastern Molag Amur region.
- Zaintirari — A small bandit hideout east of Uvirith's Grave in the Molag Amur region.
- Zebabi — A small slaver's cave located south of Tel Fyr along the coast, in the Molag Amur Region.
- Zenarbael — A small isolated bandit's cave in the Molag Amur region.
- Ashunartes — A small Daedric shrine to Malacath west of Marandus, near the shores of Lake Nabia.
- Tusenend — A shrine to Molag Bal in the Molag Amur region, directly southeast of the Erabenimsun Camp.
- Marandus — A Dunmer stronghold in the Molag Amur region.
- Telasero — The southernmost Dunmer stronghold, and sits west of Molag Mar.
- Arkngthand — A large ruin near the top of a mountain located in the Molag Amur region, near Moonmoth Legion Fort.
- Galom Daeus — A Dwemer ruin southwest of Uvirith's Grave, occupied by the Berne Vampire Clan.
- Mzanchend — A Dwemer fortress in the heart of the Molag Amur region, located near Galom Daeus and Uvirith's Grave.
- Nchardumz — A Dwemer ruin located northeast of Molag Mar.
- Nchuleftingth — Located south of Uvirith's Grave in the central Molag Amur region, and it is marked on the world map.
- Mount Assarnibibi — A mountain peak north of Molag Mar, destination of a high ranking Temple pilgrimage.
- Mount Kand — A mountain northwest of Molag Mar.
- Mount Kand, Cavern — A cave at the foot of Mount Kand, north of Molag Mar.
- Uvirith's Grave — An isolated place in the Molag Amur region and the site of the Telvanni Stronghold Tel Uvirith.
- Inanius Egg Mine — A blighted egg mine east-southeast of Suran.
- Maesa-Shammus Egg Mine — An egg mine on the southeastern mainland, north-northeast of Molag Mar.
- Missir-Dadalit Egg Mine — A small egg mine west of Tel Fyr.
- Vansunalit Egg Mine — An eggmine located just west of Telasero and east of Suran.
- Zalkin-Sul Egg Mine — A small egg mine in the middle of Molag Amur, a long way northwest of Erabenimsun Camp.
- Antabolis Informant: Trade an ancient artifact for an expert's insight.
- Erabenimsun Nerevarine: Travel to the Erabenimsun camp in order for them to recognize you as the Nerevarine.
- Kill Reynel Uvirith: Kill this Telvanni sorcerer in the stronghold of Tel Uvirith.
- Bandits in Suran: Get rid of some bandits in Suran for Avon Oran.
- Alof and the Orcs: Take care of some Orcs at a Daedric ruin for the Duke.
- Manwe's Dues: Retrieve guild dues from a Mages Guild member in Punabi.
- Recruit or Kill Llarar Bereloth: Take a recruitment trip to a Telvanni in Sulipund.
- Staff of Magnus: Recover a powerful staff from the Assu Cave.
- Ebony Mail: Retrieve this artifact from the shrine at the top of Mount Assarnibibi.
- Pilgrimage to Mount Kand: Demonstrate your wisdom and bravery by visiting the Mount Kand shrine.
- Slay Raxle Berne: Cleanse out the vampire lair Galom Daeus and kill the elder vampire Raxle Berne.
- The Silver Staff of Shaming: Find this staff, last held by Linus Iulus, in the shadow of Mount Kand.
- Marsus Tullius' Missing Hides: Recover some guar hides stolen by two Ashlanders.
- The Runaway Slave: Escort Reeh-Jah to the safety of the Argonian Mission in Ebonheart.
- Umbra: Help this depressed Orc warrior in achieving his final request.
- An Escort to Molag Mar: Help this lost trader reunite with his business partner.
- Search for Her Father's Amulet: Aid Satyana to find her father's amulet in the Arenim Ancestral Tomb.
|Abibaal Assillariran||Dark Elf||Archer||8||90||92||0||90||[7,2]|
|Hibaddar Ilath-Pal||Dark Elf||Barbarian||7||88||90||0||90||[4,0]|
|Yassour Hairshumusa||Dark Elf||Archer||5||71||86||0||90||[4,0]|
|Zelaku Assarrapanat||Dark Elf||Barbarian||9||103||92||0||90||[7,2]|
- In the console, the region's ID is actually "Molag Mar Region".
- The book Varieties of Faith in the Empire mentions a race of supermonsters, the result of Molag Bal's seduction of Vivec during the previous era, which are said to live in Molag Amur. No such monsters appear in the game, however.