|2nd||Fortify Light Armor|
Luna Moth Wings can be acquired by catching luna moths. You receive two wings for each moth you catch. Luna moths only come out at night but their glowing wings make them easy to spot.
- "As with the dragonflies, I was taken aback by the number of butterflies, moths, and other insects that manage to thrive in Skyrim. The Luna moth is especially beautiful; its thin, almost ephemeral wings seem too delicate to hoist anything into the air, giving them an almost magical appearance. Indeed, that sense extends to the properties they exhibit when crushed and distilled (an action I admit was difficult to perform at first, no matter my resolve to discover all that Skyrim has to offer. These creatures are simply that beautiful!) While they can be used for creating poisons that damage magicka, I feel that would be a waste of their potential. Do not be alarmed if, when the wings are broken down almost completely, they appear to almost disappear under your mortar. That very quality makes the wings quite effective in potions of invisibility!" —Agneta Falia in the Herbalist's Guide to Skyrim.
In terms of combinations of two ingredients, Luna Moth Wings can be combined with 48 other ingredients.
|Desired Effect||Combine with:|
|Damage Magicka||Invisibility||Bittergreen PetalsCC (1.5×,1.56×) (1.5×,1.56×), Chaurus Eggs|
|Damage Magicka||Regenerate Health||Namira's Rot, Nordic Barnacle|
|Invisibility||Regenerate Health||Screaming MawCC (4×,4.6×) (4×,0.03×,0.11×), Vampire Dust|
|Desired Effect||Combine with:|
|Damage Magicka||Butterfly Wing, ChokeweedCC (1.5×,1.56×), Daedra Heart, Eye of Sabre Cat, Glow Dust, Hagraven Feathers, Hanging Moss, Human Heart, Jarrin Root, Mort FleshCC, Trama RootDB|
|Fortify Light Armor||Ash Hopper JellyDB, Aster Bloom CoreCC (2×,2.14×), Beehive Husk, Felsaad Tern FeathersDB, Hawk Feathers, Honeycomb, Skeever Tail, Withering MoonCC (1.5×,1.56×)|
|Regenerate Health||Alocasia FruitCC (1.2×,1.22×), AmbrosiaCC (1.2×,1.22×), Emperor Parasol MossDB, Garlic, GleamblossomDG, Gnarl BarkCC (1.2×,1.22×), Hydnum Azure Giant SporeCC (1.2×,1.22×), Juniper Berries, Minotaur HornCC (1.2×,1.22×), Ogre's TeethCC (1.2×,1.22×), Purple Butterfly WingCC, Thorn HookCC (0.6×,0.6×,0.32×), Void EssenceCC (1.2×,1.22×)|
|Invisibility||Ash Creep ClusterDB, Blister Pod CapCC (1.5×,1.56×), Crimson Nirnroot, Daedra SilkCC (1.5×,1.56×), Elytra IchorCC (1.5×,1.56×), Flame StalkCC (1.5×,1.56×), Green Butterfly WingCC, Ice Wraith Teeth, Nirnroot, Redwort FlowerCC (1.5×,1.56×)|
18 guaranteed samples can be found in 11 different locations. Locations with multiple samples are:
- 5 in Nightcaller Temple (The Pale)
- 2 in the Arch-Mage's Quarters (College of Winterhold)
- 2 in the Understone Keep (Markarth)
- 2 in Vlindrel Hall (Markarth)
It is categorized as an uncommon ingredient, meaning that all apothecary merchants have a 15% chance of carrying 1-5 samples. In addition, it may be randomly found in uncommon- and rare-type apothecary's satchels.
Luna moths appear at insect spawning sites, but only between 8pm and 11pm. Each spawning site generates up to three nocturnal insects, with a random mix of both luna moths and torchbugs. These sites also typically generate blue and monarch butterflies between 6am and 6pm. In total, there are 526 spawning sites in 144 different locations. Locations with the greatest numbers are:
- 22 around Talking Stone Camp (Hjaalmarch)
- 17 inside Bloated Man's Grotto (Falkreath Hold)
- 14 around Broken Fang Cave (Whiterun Hold)
- 13 around Lund's Hut (Whiterun Hold)
- 13 around Sleeping Tree Camp (Whiterun Hold)
- 12 around Swindler's Den (Whiterun Hold)
- 11 inside Shadowgreen Cavern (Haafingar)
- 11 around Whiterun Imperial Camp (Whiterun Hold)
- 11 around Whitewatch Tower (Whiterun Hold)
- 10 around Autumnshade Clearing (The Rift)
- 10 around Rorikstead (Whiterun Hold)