Morrowind:Threads of the Webspinner< Morrowind: Quests: Morag Tong
|This page or section is incomplete. You can help by adding to it.
missing quest stages
For more information, see the help files, the style guide, and this article's talk page.
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Walkthrough: not written
Objectives: written by already written not checked
- Talk to Eno Hlaalu at the Hidden Area in the Vivec Arena about the Threads of the Webspinner and the Sanguine items.
- Acquire 26 Sanguine items.
- Return to Eno to complete the quest.
Threads of the WebspinnerEdit
Depending on how much exploring of the game you've done, you may have come across a number of Sanguine items that increase various skills when worn. These items are actually part of a collection of 27 created by the Daedra Lord Sanguine for the Morag Tong patron, Mephala. Twenty-six of the items can be found scattered across Vvardenfell - the last, the Amulet of Sanguine Enterprise, is held by the Morag Tong Grandmaster, Eno Hlaalu in Vivec.
The Sanguine ItemsEdit
Speak with Grandmaster Eno Hlaalu about the items and he will tell you that if you return all of the remaining 26, you will receive an elaborate reward from Mephala. You can return the items to Hlaalu at any time, though you must do so before you become Grandmaster of the Morag Tong and he disappears. Most of the Sanguine items are owned by Dark Brotherhood agents and Mehrunes Dagon worshippers who will generally attack you on sight, meaning you are safe from the law. Unfortunately, Eno will only give you the location of two of the items, so you'll have to find the rest yourself.
|1||Sanguine Enterprise, Amulet of||Mercantile||Eno Hlaalu||Vivec Arena||This is the one item you don't need to find.|
|2||Sanguine Glib Speech, Amulet of||Speechcraft||Shotherra||Thongar's Tradehouse in Khuul||Non-hostile, no clues given that she has it. You can taunt her to start the fight.|
|3||Sanguine Nimble Armor, Amulet of||Light Armor||Severa Magia||Ald Sotha northeast of Vivec||Encountered during execute Severa Magia quest.|
|4||Sanguine Fluid Evasion, Ring of||Unarmored|
|5||Sanguine Swiftblade, Glove of||Short Blade|
|6||Sanguine Balanced Armor, Belt of||Medium Armor||Relas Arothan||Assernerairan , found on the Underworks level of the St. Olms Canton in Vivec||Encountered during Execute Durus Marius quest.|
|7||Sanguine Deep Biting, Belt of||Axe|
|8||Sanguine Denial, Belt of||Block||Movis Darys||Ald'ruhn Mages Guild||You can receive this belt as part of a quest to persuade him to join the Guild. If you can't persuade (or bribe) him, you'll have to kill him, so make him start the fight.|
|9||Sanguine Fleetness, Belt of||Athletics||Hrordis||Halfway Tavern in Pelagiad||Eno Hlaalu will ask for it directly (one of two Sanguine items he will ask for), if you haven't already gotten it and handed it in to him. Under normal circumstances, you won't be able to persuade Hrordis or steal the belt - or even Taunt her into attacking you, as all she says is "goodbye" - so you are forced to kill her outright. However, if you're diseased, a vampire, or naked, you'll be able to talk to her. Mentioning Hrordis or Sanguine Fleetness will get you nowhere (she'll become annoyed and say goodbye), but mention the magic words Mehrunes Dagon (you'll need to be told about him first) and she'll attack.|
|10||Sanguine Hewing, Belt of||Long Blade||Durus Marius||Assernerairan, found on the Underworks level of St. Olms Canton in Vivec||Encountered during execute Durus Marius quest.|
|11||Sanguine Sureflight, Belt of||Marksman|
|12||Sanguine Impaling Thrus, Belt of [sic]||Spear||Gluronk gra-Shula||2nd floor of Sadrith Mora's Gateway Inn: North Wing.||Non-hostile. It's possible to catch her alone and murder her with no witnesses, or taunt her into attacking, though.|
|13||Sanguine Martial Craft, Belt of||Armorer||Carecalmo||Ashalmimilkala on the west coast of Vvardenfell, west of Balmora, north of Hla Oad||Encountered during Ultimatum for Carecalmo quest.|
|14||Sanguine Smiting, Belt of||Blunt Weapon||Domba||Ald Daedroth shrine||On an island north of the Ahemmusa Camp, and southeast of Dagon Fel.|
|15||Sanguine Stolid Armor, Belt of||Heavy Armor||Mindeli Saren||Yasammidan||On the far western coast of the mainland, northwest of Gnisis.|
|16||Sanguine Horny Fist, Glove of||Hand-to-hand||Guril Retheran||On the bottom level of the Flowers of Gold Cornerclub in the Redoran Canton||Encountered during Writ for Guril Retheran quest.|
|17||Sanguine Safekeeping, Glove of||Security||Inganar||Ularradallaku||Found inside the Ghostfence, roughly northeast of Ald'ruhn and just west of Dagoth Ur.|
|18||Sanguine Golden Wisdom, Ring of||Alteration||Talis Veran||Ebernanit||On the northern coast of the mainland, roughly in the center.|
|19||Sanguine Green Wisdom, Ring of||Restoration||Gnaw Tooth||Ald Daedroth shrine||On an island north of the Ahemmusa Camp and southeast of Dagon Fel.|
|20||Sanguine Red Wisdom, Ring of||Destruction||Llandrale Varam||Ald Sotha, northeast of Vivec.||Encountered during Execute Severa Magia quest.|
|21||Sanguine Transcendence, Ring of||Conjuration|
|22||Sanguine Transfiguring, Ring of||Enchant|
|23||Sanguine Silver Wisdom, Ring of||Illusion||Earmil||Assurnabitashpi, along the northern coast east of Khuul||There are two entrances and areas in this shrine, so if you can't find Earmil in one area, try the other.|
|24||Sanguine Sublime Wisdom, Ring of||Alchemy||Anel Rethelas||Yasammidan on the far western coast of the mainland, northwest of Gnisis.||This is the other one of the two Sanguine items that Eno will explicitly ask for.|
|25||Sanguine Unseen Wisdom, Ring of||Mysticism||Erundil||Indoranyon, on the eastern coast, north of Tel Aruhn.||Non-hostile, but can be taunted into fighting or simply murdered (there are no witnesses).|
|26||Sanguine Leaping, Shoes of||Acrobatics||Dro'Zaymar||Canal South-Three in the St. Delyn Canton.||Non-hostile, but since there are no witnesses, you are relatively safe to do as you please. It is possible to pickpocket the Sanguine item from this NPC (what a Khajiit is doing with shoes in the first place is anyone's guess, since they can't wear them.)|
|27||Sanguine Stalking, Shoes of||Sneak||Thovasi Alen||Assarnatamat||Found northeast of Balmora (southeast of Caldera), just inside the Ashlands region.|
These NPCs are not hostile and have no related quest (see above list for more detail):
- Dro'Zaymar, Canal South-Three in the St. Delyn Canton
- Gluronk gra-Shula, 2nd floor of Sadrith Mora's Gateway Inn: North Wing
- Shotherra, Thongar's Tradehouse in Khuul
- Erundil, Indoranyon, on the eastern coast, north of Tel Aruhn
Once you turn in all 27 Sanguine items to Eno Hlaalu, you are rewarded with Mephala's Skill, a cheap spell that grants Chameleon 50 pts and Fortify Attack 10 pts for 60 seconds for 30 magicka and never fails. This is the only way of acquiring the Fortify Attack effect for creating custom spells.
- The two Sanguine items he asks for directly, Belt of Sanguine Fleetness and Ring of Sanguine Sublime Wisdom, can only be returned once you've been given the special duty for them.
- The items are all clothing, and thus unaffected by Disintegrate Armor, so they will always be worn by the character unless they've got something better. Since you can't pickpocket equipped items, killing them is usually the only option. Many are hostile, and some are subjects of other quests, so you can safely kill them anyhow. But a few are peaceful, and some cannot even be taunted into attacking as they will not speak to you. In this case a Frenzy spell may be your best choice to deal with this quest without incurring a large bounty.
- Clicking the sanguine enterprise topic may incorrectly report that you've returned all 26 missing threads when you've only returned 25.
- You may not notice when the Mephala's Skill has been added. Be sure to check your spell list.
- If you complete all the Morag Tong quests and explore the entire island you will most likely have found 22 Sanguine items. The remaining 4 are in the possession of non-hostile NPCs. If you are extremely meticulous about asking people for rumors you will get vague hints for 2 NPCs (Gluronk gra-Shula and Dro'Zaymar). The remaining 2 have no related quests, no rumors and are not hostile, the only links with the others being that they both provide no service, one is an assassin, and the other is found in a daedra shrine. Wearing a constant "Detect Enchantment" item and murdering suspect non-hostile NPCs might be the only way to acquire the final two items. One could assume this quest is not designed to be completed in a normal playthrough without resorting to guides.
- All of the items you delivered to Eno Hlaalu as part of this quest are stored in his inventory. When you kill him just after finishing this quest, you'll get them back complete for own benefit.
- Domba and Gnaw Tooth in Ald Daedroth are severely outmatched by the Witchhunters nearby and will most likely die within seconds of your entry into the Right Wing. If you do not loot their bodies before they despawn, you cannot complete this quest.
- Despite sharing similar name Shortbow of Sanguine Sureflight is not part of the set.
- For further reading on the Threads of the Webspinner, see the lore article.
|Prev: None||Up: Morag Tong Quests||Next: None|