|2nd||Fortify Block (0.5×)|
Briar Hearts are carried by Forsworn Briarhearts.
|Desired Effect||Combine with:|
|Restore Magicka||Creep Cluster, Dwarven Oil, Elves Ear, Fire Salts, Frost Salts, Giant Lichen, Grass Pod, Moon Sugar, Mora Tapinella, Steel-Blue EntolomaCC, Taproot, Vampire Dust, White Cap, Wild Grass PodCC|
|Fortify Block||Bleeding Crown, Boar TuskDB, Honeycomb (0.5×), Slaughterfish Scales|
|Paralysis||Canis Root, GleamblossomDG, Imp Stool, Netch JellyDB, Swamp Fungal Pod|
|Fortify Magicka||Emperor Parasol MossDB, Histcarp, Jazbay Grapes, Salmon RoeHF (12.5×, 1.05×), Void Salts|
10 guaranteed samples can be found in 7 different locations:
- 2 in Gallows Rock (Eastmarch)
- 2 in Japhet's Folly Towers (Winterhold)
- 2 on the table by the Word Wall south of Bard's Leap Summit
- 1 in Fellglow Keep (Whiterun Hold)
- 1 in Glenmoril Coven (Falkreath Hold)
- 1 in Sinderion's Field Laboratory (Blackreach)
- 1 in Soljund's Sinkhole (The Reach)
- 1 in Volkihar KeepDG in a locked display case
It is categorized as a rare ingredient, meaning that most apothecary merchants have a 21% chance of carrying 1-4 samples. In addition, it may be randomly found only in rare-type apothecary's satchels.
While their exact nature is unknown, due to its natural loot location from Forsworn Briarhearts, it seems they really do serve as actual hearts; from the look of events at Lost Valley Redoubt, dead Forsworn are resurrected in a ceremony by hagravens, replacing their human hearts with these items. Interestingly enough, pickpocketing the briar heart from a Forsworn Briarheart will instantly kill the target.
- Events during the Repairing the Phial quest can make all Briar Hearts quest items permanently, meaning you can't drop them or use them in any way. See the quest page for tips on how to avoid this, or fix it if it has already occurred.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.