- At the southernmost extremity of Black Marsh, the region informally known as Murkmire gradually slopes away from the interior uplands of the north until it fades into the ocean. Legend holds that the land once extended much further south before it sank beneath the waves.
|Southern Black Marsh|
Murkmire is a region situated in southernmost Black Marsh, south of Shadowfen. The region is largely made up of marshland surrounding the Keel-Sakka River, and is home to the little-known Naga. The city of Lilmoth by the Oliis Bay can be found here, and the region is inhabited by various creatures, such as haj motas, kotu gava, and hackwings. There is also some exotic and previously unknown flora in the region such as catapult cabbages, scuttle blooms, static pitchers, and voriplasm.
Murkmire was released on October 22, 2018 on PC/Mac and on November 6, 2018 on PS4/Xbox One. It was available for free from the November Daily Rewards. A prologue to Murkmire became available to players on October 8th. In the prologue, you meet a society of relic hunters called Cyrodilic Collections. They will need your help in hunting down a dangerous Argonian relic before their competitors find it. The prologue contains two story quests and six repeatable quests.
- Bright-Throat Village — A settlement found in the eastern shore of Murkmire.
- Dead-Water Village — A settlement found in western Murkmire.
- Blackrose Prison — A group-based arena in Murkmire.
- Teeth of Sithis — An ancient temple of Sithis in Murkmire.
- Tsofeer Cavern — A delve located southwest of Dead-Water Village in Murkmire.
- Bok-Xul — An ancient ritual site located northwest of Alten Meerhleel.
- Echoing Hollow — A group boss site found in Murkmire.
Points of InterestEdit
- Alten Meerhleel — A small trading port located in Murkmire.
- Deep Swamp Forge — A crafting site in Murkmire, near Dead-Water Village.
- The Dominus Fatum — A ruined Imperial ship located in Murkmire.
- Path of the Lily — A grove which can be found west of Dead-Water Village in Murkmire.
- Root-Whisper Village — An abandoned village located in Murkmire.
- Ruined Guardhouse — An old watchtower located south of Blackrose Prison in Murkmire.
- Ruined Village — A crafting station in a destroyed settlement located in Murkmire due west of Lilmoth.
- Sweet Breeze Overlook — A crafting station located in Murkmire, north of Bright-Throat Village, for crafting the Grave-Stake Collector set.
- Xinchei-Konu Monument — An ancient Argonian calendar located in Murkmire.
- Lakemire Xanmeer Manor — A large xanmeer player house in Murkmire.
- Blackrose Prison Wayshrine — Located southeast of Blackrose Prison arena in the central part of Murkmire.
- Bright-Throat Wayshrine — Located south of Bright-Throat Village.
- Dead-Water Wayshrine — Located on the eastern side of Dead-Water Village.
- Lilmoth Wayshrine — Located in the middle of Lilmoth.
- Root-Whisper Wayshrine — Located in the southwestern corner of Root-Whisper Village.
Other / UnmarkedEdit
- Blackguard Caravan — An unmarked camp in central Murkmire.
- Blight Bog Sump — A set of caverns located in Murkmire.
- Deepmire — An unmarked area in northern Murkmire.
- Ixtaxh Xanmeer — A sunken xanmeer located in Murkmire.
- Keema-Ru's Farm — A saltrice farm east of Alten Meerhleel.
- Swallowed Grove — A secluded cave found in Murkmire.
- Teeba-Enoo Court — A sports venue in the northern part of Alten Meerhleel.
- Tomb of Many Spears — A cave found in the far western corner of Murkmire, north of Dead-Water Village.
- Vakka-Bok Xanmeer — A xanmeer located within Root-Whisper Village.
- Xul-Thuxis — An abandoned Argonian temple found in Murkmire.
- Wither-Vault — A small vault located in Murkmire.
- Sunken Treasure: Join the Cyrodilic Collections expedition to an ancient xanmeer in Murkmire.
- Missing in Murkmire: Help Famia Mercius find missing expedition members.
- Whispers in the Wood: Work with the local tribes to find out more about a mysterious Argonian relic.
- Death and Dreaming: Join a dream-wallow ritual and learn the truth about the Remnant of Argon.
- The Swamp and the Serpent: Pursue a traitor through Deepmire.
- The Remnant of Argon: Pass through an Ayleid realm of portals to locate the lost Remnant.
- By River and Root: Guide the trapped spirits of the Root-Whisper tribe back to the cycle of rebirth.
- A Life in Carvings: Honor a dead Moss-Skin tribesman by recovering his grave-stake.
- Art of the Nisswo: Help a priest of Sithis create a work of art.
- The Assassin's Arbitration: Assist in investigating a land claims dispute for a retired Shadowscale.
- The Black Gauntlet: Enter a deadly gauntlet held by the Blackguards of Blackrose Prison.
- The Burnt Branch: Recover an old Argonian's priceless keepsake.
- Death Among the Dead-Water: Rescue the Naga-Kur from self-destruction.
- Death-Hunts: Get started on the challenging Death-Hunts in Murkmire.
- Empty Nest: Investigate strange occurrences at the Bright-Throat egg nursery.
- Frog Totem Turnaround: Find the author of a romantic poem.
- Lost in Murkmire: Aid a pair of wayward Dunmer tourists from Vivec City.
- The Lost Legion: Discover the grisly fate of the Imperial Ninth Legion.
- Monument of Change: Help restore an ancient Argonian calendar.
- Ritual of Change: Repair the restored Argonian calendar through ritual.
- She Who Eats the Light: An ancient temple of Sithis is stirring...
- Something About Stibbons: Help Lady Laurent observe the annual rite of renewal.
- Swamp Jelly Sonata: Collect a variety of swamp jellies for an aspiring Argonian musician.
- The Skin Taker: Track down a serial killer in Murkmire.
- The Sounds of Home: Help a local crafter export his musical instruments outside Murkmire.
- Unsuitable Suitors: Investigate the hold up of the bonding ritual at Bright-Throat Village.
- Group Boss Dailies
- Grave Circumstances: Banish a necromancer on behalf of the Naga-Kur.
- Grave Expectations: Purge the corrupted roots of Bok-Xul on behalf of the Naga-Kur.
- Grave Mementos: Banish a necromancer and collect the bones of fallen Naga-Kur warriors.
- Old Baubles: Kill a powerful miregaunt and collect some antiquities.
- Old Enemies: Kill a powerful miregaunt and burn some supply caches.
- Old Growth: Kill a powerful miregaunt and gather some nightbloom vine for the Naga-Kur.
- Delve Dailies
- Antique Armor: Salvage old Imperial armor for Cyrodilic Collections.
- Grave Subject Matter: Collect the remains of sacrifices from an old temple.
- Old Scrolls: An Imperial patron has requested the retrieval of intelligence from the ancient Ninth Legion.
- Sacred Candles: An Imperial patron wishes to carry out a benevolent Argonian rite for long-dead soldiers of the Ninth Legion.
- Tools of Slaughter: Recover ritual objects from a temple to Sithis.
- The Weight of Words: Retrieve the writings of Sithis for further study.
- Root-Whisper Dailies
- Aloe That Heals: Collect some aloe plants for the Root-Whisper tribe healers.
- Envoys Who Cower: Search for the missing Root-Whisper envoys in Blackguard Caravan.
- Leather That Protects: Gather some hackwing hides for the Root-Whisper warriors and hunters.
- Mushrooms That Nourish: Collect some mushrooms from Blight Bog Sump.
- Offerings That Hide: Retrieve some stolen offerings for the Root-Whisper tribe.
- Each image is relevant to its location, and each number corresponds to the key on the right.
|Along the shore south of the Xinchei-Konu.||Southeast of the Xinchei-Konu Monument|
|Atop the xanmeer between Lilmoth and Alteen Meerhleel.||Halfway between Lilmoth and Alten Meerhleel|
|Before a waterfall south of the Dominus Fatum.||At the top of the waterfall south of the Dominus Fatum||You'll need to drop down from above to reach it.|
|Beside the rotten hut north of Dead-Water Village.||North of Dead-Water Village|
|Within the Teeth of Sithis atop the sunrise xanmeer.||On the top of the eastern xanmeer in the Teeth of Sithis.||While the skyshard is visible from the entrance,
you'll need to enter the interior to reach it.
|Deep in Tsofeer Cavern far from any exit.||In the southwestern-most cave in Tsofeer Cavern.|
Moist Scale Burrower
Hist Sap Shiner
|Set Name||Bonuses||Set Type|
2 items: Adds 25-1096 Maximum Magicka
|Champion of the Hist||
2 items: Adds 3-129 Weapon Damage
2 items: Adds 3-129 Weapon Damage
2 items: Adds 25-1096 Maximum Magicka
|Sweet Breeze Overlook|
|Might of the Lost Legion||
2 items: Adds 25-1096 Maximum Stamina
2 items: Adds 4% Healing Taken
|Deep Swamp Forge|
- Reaching some areas in this zone requires the use of the Fire Rock memento, which can be obtained by completing the quest Death Among the Dead-Water.
- Murkmire was originally announced as a 4-player Adventure Zone similar to Craglorn, prior to Tamriel Unlimited, but was reworked into a DLC story zone.
- This zone was originally intended to be located in western Black Marsh, just south of Shadowfen, and include the city of Gideon—as made clear by both official and datamined pre-release information. This version of the zone had three geographic regions consisting of swampland in the north, uplands in the center, and bogs in the south. It was at some point decided that the zone should be moved to southernmost Black Marsh instead, with a different geographic composition.
- This design was later re-purposed into Blackwood, the uplands becoming the Niben Forest and the swamps becoming Gloomire.
- Rounds three and seven of the Maelstrom Arena are themed after Murkmire, while the Blackwood Borderlands use many of the same assets. The Grand Topal Hideaway house also uses the "Murkmire" architecture style.
- A number of books relating to Murkmire, such as The Blackwater War, An Orc Weaponsmith In Murkmire, and Tribes of Murkmire, were datamined prior to the DLC's redesign. An Orc Weaponsmith In Murkmire and Tribes of Murkmire in particular were altered to replace mentions of Gideon with Lilmoth, and the former was even renamed to From Wrothgar to Lilmoth: A Smith's Tale.