Michael Kirkbride is a former designer for Bethesda Softworks who was the Art Director and writer for Redguard and Morrowind. He notes he had a very minimal role in Daggerfall, drawing 16-bit palette paintings, and for Battlespire he mostly consulted with fellow writers Richard Guy, Ken Rolston, and Julian LeFay. He is still active in the Elder Scrolls community, despite leaving the company before Tribunal's development. He is responsible for a large amount of lore in the Elder Scrolls universe, and was asked by Bethesda to author a few in-game books for Oblivion, and was a consultant during the writing portion of Skyrim.
Following his departure from Bethesda he worked at Telltale Games (later Skybound Games), writing for critically acclaimed titles such as Batman: The Telltale Series and Minecraft: Story Mode, and now works as a Senior Narrative Designer at Ascendant Studios. Michael continues to write additions to The Imperial Library and the Lore section on the Official Forums, and he also did some contract work for the Knights of the Nine download. He spent several years preparing for the release of an open-source graphic novel, C0DA, which is set in the Elder Scrolls universe.
Elder Scrolls Game CreditsEdit
- ...the Tower
- Concerning the Psijic Order and the Psijic Endeavor
- How Herkel the Fool Became a Clever Man
- Loveletter From the Fifth Era
- More about Aedra - Daedra
- More on the Psijic Endeavor
- On Aldmeri Ancestor Worship
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, Second Edition
- Shezarr and the Eight Divines
- The 911th Cow
- The Eating-Birth of Dagon
- The Five Hundred Mighty Companions or Thereabouts of Ysgramor the Returned
- The Snow Whale and the Dirtbird
- The Tenpenny Winter...Again
- The Water-getting Girl and the Inverse Tiger
- Tiber Septim's Sword-Meeting with Cyrus the Restless
- Vehk's Book of Hours
- Vehk's Book of the Last Hour
- Where Were You When the Dragon Broke?