The Daedric War storyline is the second main story arc of Elder Scrolls Online, following on from the Five Companions Main Quest. Unlike the Main Quest, it is not a single in-game questline. Instead, it is an overarching story which spans multiple content updates in the form of DLC, Chapters, and free quests. It involves a plot between Clavicus Vile, Nocturnal, and Mephala as they each vie to gain power over the other Princes. To this end, Clavicus Vile sends his servant Barbas to steal the Dunmer Tribune Vivec's power, Nocturnal launches an invasion of Sotha Sil's Clockwork City, and the triad of Princes sets its sights on Summerset and the Crystal Tower, using the Court of Bedlam to achieve the ultimate goal of unlimited power and remaking Nirn in their image.
The storyline was first hinted at by Varen Aquilarios at the end of the Orsinium DLC, then by one of the visions of the Sweetroll Killer at the end of the Dark Brotherhood DLC, and again by Tsatva-Lan in the Cradle of Shadows as part of the Shadows of the Hist DLC.
Due to the multiple content releases involved in the Daedric War story, there are no prerequisites for completing these quests and they can be done in any order. However, they do follow a chronological order as listed here.
- The Missing Prophecy: Rescue the Oracles of Azura from their Daedric prisons.
- Balmora Objective — Quests to locate the daughter of a House Redoran councilor
- Fleeing the Past: Help a Redoran councilor find his runaway daughter.
- Of Faith and Family: Discover what happened to Redoran councilor's exiled son.
- A Purposeful Writ: Help the Redoran councilor's daughter investigate her brother's death.
- Family Reunion: Race to stop Veya Releth from doing something unforgivable.
- Morrowind Storyline — Quests to help Lord Vivec regain his lost powers
- Broken Bonds: Escape your slaver captors on the island of Firemoth. (only available to new characters created for the Morrowind chapter)
- Divine Conundrum: Help a canon fulfill a mission from Vivec.
- Divine Inquiries: Investigate potential causes of the Warrior-Poet's loss of divine power.
- Divine Delusions: Discredit an Ashlander's claim to the title of Nerevarine.
- Divine Intervention: Help the clockwork mage create a tonal inverter to counteract the power of Sunna'rah.
- Divine Disaster: Recover a Blessing Stone in order to prevent a cosmic catastrophe.
- Divine Restoration: Seek guidance from the Lady of Twilight against a common foe.
- Divine Blessings: Help Lord Vivec reward those who assisted in restoring his divine power.
- Of Knives and Long Shadows: Protect the scryers of the Order of the Eye from their own shadows.
- Clockwork City Storyline — Quests to repel a Daedric invasion of Sotha Sil's domain
- To The Clockwork City: Join Divayth Fyr on a unique expedition to a land of curiosity and contradiction.
- In Search of a Sponsor: Gain sponsorship in order to become a citizen of the Clockwork City.
- The Strangeness of Seht: Investigate Sotha Sil's recent change of character.
- Deepening Shadows: Locate Chancellor Gascone Dusant of the Congress of Calibration.
- Lost in the Gloam: Assist the Blackfeather Court to reclaim a mysterious key.
- Unto the Dark: Pursue the Shadow of Sotha Sil to the center of the Clockwork City.
- Where Shadows Lie: Save the Clockwork God.
- The Light of Knowledge: Meet Sotha Sil and Divayth Fyr at the Elegiac Replication.
- Summerset Storyline — Quests to prevent the Daedric triad from taking control of the Crystal Tower
- The Mind Trap: Escape the mind trap created by a mysterious entity. (only available to new characters created for the Summerset chapter)
- The Queen's Decree: Investigate the disappearances of newcomers to Summerset.
- A Pearl of Great Price: Help the Psijic Order crack the puzzle of the Abyssal Pearl you found.
- Buried Memories: Defend Artaeum from invasion!
- The Tower Sentinels: Warn the College of Sapiarchs of the threat to the Crystal Tower.
- The Dreaming Cave: Find a way to communicate with Meridia and rescue her Golden Knight from Mephala's clutches.
- Lost in Translation: Locate the Heart of Transparent Law.
- A Necessary Alliance: Figure out a way to get into the Crystal Tower with the help of Clavicus Vile and Mephala.
- The Crystal Tower: Ascend the Crystal Tower and put an end to Nocturnal's machinations.
- A New Alliance: Attend a meeting with the Proxy Queen to ensure the Crystal Tower is protected.