|This article is being developed as part of the Skyrim Houses Redesign Project. If you see this tag it means the article can still be improved. Please see the project page for guidelines.|
|# of Zones||1|
|Respawn Time||10 days|
|Gold||500 (+500 Investor; +1000 Master Trader)|
|Sells||See Standard Merchandise|
|Buys||Apothecary (Animal Parts, Food, Ingredients, Poisons, Potions, Raw Food, Recipes)|
|Herbalist's Guide to Skyrim|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|On the second terrace above Cidhna Mine
On the south side of Markarth
|# of Alchemy Labs||1|
|# of Cooking Pots/Spits||1|
The Hag's Cure is an apothecary in Markarth owned and operated by Bothela.
To find it, enter the city gate and turn left, turn right at the first bridge, turn left before going up the stairs at water wheel, cross the bridge, and ascend the stairs to the right, then to the left.
- Bothela's Discreet Delivery: Deliver the Stallion's Potion to Raerek or Reburrus.
- Mourning Never Comes: Help Muiri get her revenge.
- This location is one of many potential targets for one or more of the Radiant quests.
The Hag's CureEdit
There is a juniper berry tree outside, at the top of the stairs leading up to the store from Cidhna Mine. Like most buildings in Markarth it is built back into the hill and is of Dwemer design and style. Upon entering there is a short corridor leading to stairs down into the store. It consists of a stone counter built across in front of the east wall with a wall to the left separating it from the entry stairs with a few barrels of ingredients and food sacks around the building. On the counter are several ingredients and potions that are displayed merchandise along with a bunch of tundra cotton, a single septim, a couple of plates, a cup and a bowl. On the wall between the stairs and counter is a basket containing a cabbage. While under the counter is the business ledger and a copy of the Alchemy skill book Herbalist's Guide to Skyrim. Behind the counter against the east wall is a set of shelves holding a red apple, a gourd, a plate and potato as well as several items of displayed merchandise. To the right of the shelves is a small unit holding a copy of The Firmament and a bowl, with two racks hanging from the ceiling above holding a rabbit, a garlic braid, two bunches of elves ear and a bunch of frost mirriam. Against the south wall, in an alcove is a fireplace with an L-shaped sideboard to the right of it. On the sideboard is a platter holding a goblet, a bottle of alto wine and a pheasant breast, with a steel dagger and bowl beside it. To the right still against the south wall, in a second alcove is an alchemy lab. Another alcove is to the west with a large stone table holding various displayed merchandise items. In the middle of the west wall is a flight of stairs up to their sleeping quarters, with a food barrel to the left and on top of it is a piece of bread and cheese. To the right of the stairs is a set of shelves filled with displayed merchandise, in addition to a tomato and potato. There is an unlocked chest in the northwest corner with a cooking pot on a stand between the shelves and chest. There is a small square stone table against the north wall with two wooden chairs pulled up to it. On the table is a bottle of alto wine, a bottle of wine, a baked potato, a loaf of bread, a red apple and a goat cheese wedge. With another set of shelves to the east separating the entry stairs from the table. These also hold displayed merchandise.
The stairs to the west lead directly into a twin bedroom containing a dresser to the south as you enter containing clothes with a steel dagger on top. There are two owned single beds opposite each other, one coming out from a curved south wall and the other coming out from a curved north wall. To the left of the one to the south is an end table with an apprentice locked strongbox and a copy of Herbane's Bestiary: Ice Wraiths. To the left of this is a round wooden table and chair, with a bottle of alto wine, a bottle of wine and two loaves of bread on top. To the west is another curved wall with a raised area holding a bowl and plate, with a wash basin to the left and on the floor is a basket containing two gourds and a potato. At the foot of the bed to the north is an unlocked chest. While to the north as you enter the room is an end table with a tomato and medium coin purse on top and a basket containing a few pieces of cheese on the floor beside it.
The following items are sitting out in the store, for example on the store counters. They can be purchased from the merchant, or else can be stolen. Other items may also be present in the store, but those other items are not available for purchase. They respawn after ten days.
- Ingredients: 2 Bleeding Crown, 7 Bone Meal, 5 Chaurus Eggs, 3 Deathbell, 2 Dragon's Tongue, 1 Elves Ear, 1 Frost Mirriam, 2 Garlic, 2 Giant Lichen, 1 Glowing Mushroom, 2 Hagraven Claw, 1 Hagraven Feathers, 2 Imp Stool, 3 Juniper Berries, 2 Lavender, 1 Nightshade, 1 Salt Pile, 1 Scaly Pholiota, 5 Slaughterfish Egg, 3 Snowberries, 1 Troll Fat
- Poisons: 1 Poison, 1 Weak Poison
- Potions: 1 Draught of Extra Magicka, 1 Draught of Strength, 1 Potion of Extra Magicka, 2 Potion of Health, 1 Potion of Minor Magicka, 3 Potion of Minor Stamina, 2 Potion of Plentiful Healing, 2 Potion of Plentiful Magicka, 1 Potion of Resist Fire, 1 Potion of Stamina, 3 Potion of Strength, 1 Potion of Ultimate Magicka, 1 Stallion's Potion
This is the merchandise found in the store's merchant chest. These items are only available if purchased from the merchant; they cannot be pickpocketed or stolen. They are restocked every two days.
|~11||Common Ingredients||Max 15 (15@75%)|
|~8||Leveled Fortify Skill Potions||Max 10 (10@75%)|
|~13||Leveled Healing Potions||Max 15 (10@75% + 5@100%)|
|~8||Leveled Other Potions||Max 10 (10@75%)|
|~8||Leveled Resist Potions||Max 10 (10@75%)|
|~8||Leveled Poisons||Max 10 (10@75%)|
|~1||Poison Recipes||Max 1 (1@50%)|
|1||Potion of Cure Disease|
|~4||Rare Ingredients||Max 5 (5@75%)|
|~1||Rare Recipes||Max 1 (1@50%)|
|~8||Uncommon Ingredients||Max 10 (10@75%)|
- Bothela gave the shop its name because she thought "hag" suited her in both its sense as an epithet and its sense as denoting an old woman who dabbles in mysterious and misunderstood magic.
- There is a Loot shadowmark to the bottom left of the entrance door. There are several alchemical ingredients, potions, and poisons found around the store.
- If anything happens to Bothela, her assistant, Muiri, will take over running the store.