|This article is being developed as part of the Skyrim Houses Redesign Project. If you see this tag it means the article can still be improved. Please see the project page for guidelines.
|# of Zones
|Never (storage is safe)
|Console Location Code(s)
|# of Alchemy Labs
|# of Arcane Enchanters
|# of Tanning Racks
|# of Smelters
|# of Forges/Anvils
|# of Grindstones
|# of Workbenches
|# of Cooking Pots/Spits
The entrance leads into the upper floor of the manor. Along the south wall are five straw bales, an open box containing five ash yams, a bench, and a wood pile. Near the west wall is a cooking pot on a stand in front of the fire, with a chair nearby. Along the north wall is a small table, a food barrel with four cabbages on top, a table holding a variety of food and drink, three fish barrels, one of which has three loaves of bread on top, and two chairs and a small round table holding a bottle of sujamma, a bottle of shein, and copies of The House of Troubles and The Five Far Stars. The laden table holds a bottle of sujamma, a bottle of shein, three bottles of wine, two bottles of alto wine, two loaves of bread, three ash yams, and an iron war axe. In the middle of the room, stairs lead down to the lower floor, with two food urns on the south side of the stairs.
At the bottom of the stairs is an area with rooms beyond doors to the south and west, alchemy and enchanting areas in alcoves to the south and north of the west door, respectively, and a smithing area down a short corridor north of the south door. In the corridor to the smithing area is a bench, an ingredient urn, and a food urn. In the smithing area itself, in the southwest corner is a row of three empty weapon racks, a meat barrel, an unusable barrel, and three practice dummies in front of four straw bales. In the northwest corner is a tanning rack, a grindstone, a workbench, and three unusable barrels, one of which has three bottles of Nord mead on top, and another of which has another bottle of Nord mead on top. In the northeast corner is a large forge. In the southeast corner is a smelter including a nearby coal pile, an open box containing seven steel and seven iron ingots, and another row of three empty weapon racks.
The room to the south is initially Mirri Severin's bedroom. In the entry alcove near the door is a bench. In the bedroom itself, in the northwest corner is another bench. In the northeast corner are two sacks, a sideboard holding three green apples, a red apple, two boiled creme treats, a sweet roll, two large coin purses, and a small coin purse, two ingredient barrels, and another sideboard holding a troll skull and copies of both volumes of The Red Year and Words of the Wind. In the southeast corner is a sideboard holding three bottles of sujamma, two bowls of cabbage potato soup, and two copies of History of Raven Rock, Vol. I, an initially owned single bed, and a chest. In the southwest corner is a circular ash pile garden plot growing seven ash yams and two scathecraw plants, with two baskets containing a total of three ash yams on the edge of the plot.
In the area in front of the door to the west are two sacks and four unusable barrels, one of which has a copy of The Axe Man on top. In the alchemy area are five ingredient barrels, two baskets, two sets of shelves, two open boxes, and an alchemy lab in the center with two bowls of bone meal on top. One barrel has an enchanter's philter and a solution of enhanced stamina on top, another barrel has two samples of elves ear and a bowl of bone meal on top, a third barrel has a pot of ash hopper jelly and two samples of Felsaad tern feathers on top, and a fourth barrel has a sample of Felsaad tern feathers on top. The basket to the east contains sixteen chaurus eggs, and the basket to the west contains two samples of trama root. The set of shelves to the east holds two bowls of glow dust, six bowls of fire salts, four bowls of frost salts, an ashen grass pod, two bowls of bone meal, and three samples of lavender. The set of shelves to the west holds a bowl of frost salts, a potent poison, a bottle of matze, a draught of light feet, two taproots, a sample of canis root, a pot of spawn ash, a piece of burnt spriggan wood, three samples of trama root, two potions of minor healing, a potion of minor magicka, a potion of cure disease, and three sacks. The open box in front of this set of shelves contains four mammoth tusks. The open box to the right of the set of shelves contains a deathbell flower, a sample of fly amanita, a sample of Namira's rot, and six chaurus eggs.
In the enchanting area are six empty weapon plaques and three empty shield plaques on the wall, five baskets, two of which contain a total of three empty lesser soul gems and eighteen empty common soul gems, a small round table holding an empty petty soul gem, two empty lesser soul gems, and two empty common soul gems, and an arcane enchanter in the center.
The room to the west is initially Tilisu and Vendil Severin's bedroom. In the area near the door are four armor mannequins, each flanked by two empty weapon racks. To the west opposite the door is an initially owned double bed with a chest at its foot and a shield plaque on the wall above the bed. In the southeast corner is a food barrel with two bottles of sujamma on top, a fish barrel, two chairs, and a table holding a row of lit candles, four ash yams, three bottles of matze, a bottle of sujamma, three bottles of alto wine, a bottle of wine, a goat cheese wheel, a sliced goat cheese, a sliced eidar cheese, and an eidar cheese wedge. In the southwest corner is a chest, the expert-locked Severin family safe, an empty set of shelves with a row of lit candles on top, and another chest. In the northwest corner is a sack, two food barrels, a chair and a small round table holding two lit candles, two bottles of matze, and a troll skull, a set of shelves with a row of lit candles on top holding a potion of minor healing, a potion of cure disease, two potions of plentiful healing, a chest, and three empty common soul gems, and another chair and another small round table holding four lit candles and a bottle of matze. In the northeast corner are three display cases, with the first containing a steel war axe, the second containing two steel daggers, an amethyst, a garnet, and an emerald, and the third containing only six skulls.
One achievement is unlocked when you take ownership of the manor:
- Storage in the manor is safe even prior to gaining ownership.
- Aside from Creation Club content, this is the only house you can obtain for free.
- Don't bother looting the manor during the quest, as you'll obtain the building and its contents for free as your final quest reward.
- Spouses and children cannot be moved into Severin Manor, due to Solstheim being a separate area from Skyrim proper and adoption being part of a separate add-on.
- Several buildings in Raven Rock, including Severin Manor, were incorrectly assigned the music heard in Apocrypha rather than the default Solstheim music heard in other houses.
- Even after gaining ownership of the manor, you may be told that "You cannot sleep while being asked to leave" when you try to use the beds. This will usually happen if you 1) killed Mirri and Tilisu at night, and 2) had followers while doing so. It can be fixed on the PC by 1) resurrecting Mirri and Tilisu through the console, 2) waiting for 24 hours outside the manor, then 3) killing them again through the console. [verification needed — Are all conditions and the fix tested?]
- The beds may not give the Well Rested bonus when used.
- The Unofficial Dragonborn Patch, version 1.0.1, fixes this bug.
- The smelter may not be visible, although it can still be used. To fix this, simply exit the manor and reenter, and the smelter should then be visible and function properly.
- Books may disappear when placed on the shelves in the master bedroom.
- Armor and clothing may disappear when placed on the mannequins in the master bedroom after you then leave the manor and return.
- Followers may disappear if told to wait in the manor.
- The mannequins may spawn any items placed on them infinitely, even after the item has been removed.
- Items placed on the mannequin may lose any improvements, as well as any enchantments that you have applied.
- Due to the quest "March of the Dead" being removed from the anniversary edition on the switch, the house is no long available if you haven't already unlocked it.