|# of Zones||7|
|Respawn Time||10 days|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|DLC2ApocryphaEnd01, DLC2ApocryphaEnd02, DLC2ApocryphaEnd03, DLC2ApocryphaEnd04, DLC2ApocryphaEnd05, DLC2ApocryphaEnd06, DLC2ApocryphaEnd07, DLC2ApocryphaEnd08, DLC2ApocryphaEnd09, DLC2ApocryphaEnd10, DLC2ApocryphaEnd11, DLC2ApocryphaEnd12, DLC2ApocryphaEnd13, DLC2ApocryphaEnd14, DLC2ApocryphaEnd15, DLC2ApocryphaEnd16, DLC2ApocryphaOrigin, DLC2ApoIslandA01, DLC2ApoIslandA02, DLC2ApoIslandA03, DLC2ApoIslandA04, DLC2ApoStart02, DLC2ApoStart03, DLC2ApoStart04, DLC2ApoStart05, DLC2Book01DungeonEnd01, DLC2Book01DungeonEnd02, DLC2Book01DungeonEnd03, DLC2Book01DungeonEnd04, DLC2Book01DungeonEnd05, DLC2Book01DungeonEnd06, DLC2Book01DungeonEnd07, DLC2Book02DungeonExterior|
It is an endless library where all forbidden knowledge can be found. Stacks of books clutter and can reach as high as the illuminating green sky. You can enter the realm via Black Books found in various dungeons throughout Solstheim. The realm is inhabited by Daedra called Seekers and Lurkers. Tentacles constantly breach the acidic dark waters and sometimes whip at you, causing a significant amount of damage if they manage to hit you. The acidic waters with the tentacles are also corrosive and cause damage if stepped in.
Some areas are divided into "Chapters", and you need to find the book to access the next chapter to progress. Each chapter does not need to be accessed in order to get to the end, some chapters may be skipped entirely, and in others you will need to access chapters non-chronologically.
There are seven accessible areas of Apocrypha, each associated with a Black Book:
- Epistolary Acumen
- Filament and Filigree
- The Hidden Twilight
- The Sallow Regent
- Untold Legends
- Waking Dreams
- The Winds of Change
For historical information on the Apocrypha, see the lore article.
Dragonborn Main QuestEdit
- The Temple of Miraak: Uncover the source of Miraak's power in the Temple of Miraak.
- The Gardener of Men: Travel to the realm of Hermaeus Mora to learn the rest of Bend Will.
- At the Summit of Apocrypha: Confront Miraak at the summit of Apocrypha and defeat him once and for all.
- Black Book: Filament and Filigree: Learn the Black Book's hidden knowledge.
- Black Book: The Hidden Twilight: Learn the Black Book's hidden knowledge.
- Black Book: The Sallow Regent: Learn the Black Book's hidden knowledge.
- Black Book: Untold Legends: Learn the Black Book's hidden knowledge.
- Black Book: The Winds of Change: Learn the Black Book's hidden knowledge.
- There are activators throughout the realm called "Scryes", which open gates and extend staircases. There are also "Fonts of Magicka" and "Fonts of Stamina" throughout the realm which restore your magicka and stamina, respectively.
- The Black Books will only transport you to Apocrypha if you are currently in Solstheim. If you are in Skyrim, you will be told that a vision of Solstheim briefly appears before you.
- If you should die in Apocrypha, you are simply removed from the realm and returned to Solstheim, where you read the book. If you died between "chapters" of a book, you are returned to the last chapter you were in before death. You can also return to Solstheim by reading any Black Book inside Apocrypha (it does not have to be the same one that you used to get there). The exception to this is the battle with Miraak.
- There is a noticeable abundance of valuable books, scrolls, and soul gems in Apocrypha, found lying on shelves and tables, in pods and vessels, and dropped by both seekers and lurkers upon death. This includes skill books, and spell tomes you might not otherwise be able to acquire based on your current level or skills.
- Followers cannot accompany you into Apocrypha.