Reavers are notorious thieves encountered throughout Solstheim, like the bandits found in Skyrim. They are a common enemy in Solstheim and are very aggressive, willing to attack anyone on sight if they come too close. Reavers can be found in camps all over the island, as well as a few other locations, including Nchardak, Kagrumez, Gyldenhul Barrow, the Wreck of the Strident Squall, and a few camps that are not marked on the game map. Reavers utilize a variety of fighting types: some will attack you in melee, while others keep their distance, preferring to attack with bows and spells.
While the stronger reaver types will not appear until after you've reached the levels shown, you will continue to meet low-level versions even at high levels. Boss-level reavers will always be at the highest possible level, and in some specific locations are identified as "Reaver Lord". Unlike the bandits found in Skyrim, all reavers you meet in Solstheim are Dark Elves.
Temple and Pillar WorkersEdit
While the reavers listed above are met in combat encounters, some reavers have been possessed by Miraak's influence and can be found laboring on his temple and on the shrine at the Sun Stone. They are all named "Reaver" and use the reavers listed above as templates, but are not hostile even after they have been released. Like other reavers, they will respawn if killed. They belong to the same factions as the reavers you meet in encounters, as well as the pillar builder faction.
|Sun Stone||Reaver||xx03ca26||Melee Fighter (xx01e80f)|
|Reaver||xx03ca27||Melee Fighter (xx01e811)|
|Reaver Outlaw||xx03ca28||Mage (xx01e824)|
|Temple of Miraak||Reaver||xx031647||Melee Fighter (xx01e813)|
|Reaver||xx031648||Melee Fighter (xx01e80f)|
|Reaver||xx031660||Melee Fighter (xx01e811)|
|Reaver Outlaw||xx031661||Mage (xx01e824)|
- Deathbrand: Find the treasure of Haknir Death-Brand.
- The Final Descent: Find out what happened to the great-grandfather of Crescius Caerellius.
- First Edition: Locate an important folio for Cindiri Arano.
- The Kagrumez Gauntlet: Survive the Kagrumez trials to claim a unique prize.
- Kill the Bandit Leader: Do a favor by slaying a bandit leader. (radiant)
- The Path of Knowledge: Discover the locations of the Black Books in order to stop Miraak.
Reavers have all the same dialogue lines as the bandits from Skyrim, as well as a few that are unique to them.
- "..retire some day... get my self a place on the mainland..."
- "...I've almost got enough... just need one good haul..."
- "...might pay off my bounty this time... walk into Raven Rock a free man..."
- "...told him to just hand it over, but did he listen? Oh, no... he had to fight back..."
- "...ain't goin' back to prison... rather die in the ash..."
- "...he he he... callin' my bluff when he rolls dragon eyes... the fool..."
- "...just one more bottle... maybe a second one to get to sleep..." (alcoholic talking to himself)
- "...she was real surprised when I pulled that knife from my boot..."
- "...should have known she wouldn't wait for me... I'll gut that filthy farmer when I see him..."
- "..."he's got your eyes," she says... lyin' tramp..."
- "...captain promised me a life o' adventure on the high seas...instead I'm stuck on this cesspit of an island..."
- "...damn wizards... not good enough for yer precious college, eh?"
- "...I'd kill for a decent bottle of mead... not fair that they always take the good stuff..."
- "...I should go back to pickin' pockets in Windhelm... easy money, less chance of an axe in your skull..."
- "...knew a girl with hair of gold, I called her fair, she called me bold..." (singing to himself, bored)
- "...ale and mead, ale and mead, 'tis the only advice a sailor heeds..." (singing to himself, bored)
- "Time to die, outlander!"
- "I'm gonna bleed you!"
- "I'll cut you open!"
- "Die, outlander!"
- "You're going to pay, outlander."
- "You'll regret crossing me, outlander."
- "Don't fight back, and I promise I'll kill you quickly."
- "Those boots'll look mighty fine on me."
- "Your armor will look good on me."
A reaver who has just discovered a corpse may say:
- "Hey! We got a deader over here!"
- "Ash and ice! Who did this? Come out and face me like a man!"
- Reaver melee fighters and archers are generally twice as likely to be male than female. In most cases, the leveled lists that spawn these reavers list each male reaver twice and each female reaver once.
- According to Creation Kit data, Reavers were slated to also include Nords in their ranks at one point.
- Reanimated Reavers may still use their idling dialogue when following you out of combat, rather than the usual grunts of reanimated mainland NPCs.