|# of Zones
|Never (storage is safe)
|Dwarven Automatons, Reavers
|Dwarven Black Bow of Fate
Kagrumez Resonance Gems
Steadfast Dwarven Sphere
Steadfast Dwarven Spider
|Console Location Code(s)
|South of the Temple of Miraak
North of the Ramshackle Trading Post
A large tent contains the corpse of the conjurer Raleth Eldri and his knapsack. It seems he was so interested in studying Dwemer ruins and their attendant dangers that he failed to account for the more mundane threat of bandits: he was killed by the reavers who now occupy the ruin, one of whom carries his research notes. The nearby stairs lead down to the lift which descends into the ruin, with a Dwarven chest in the rubble to the west behind the lift.
The lift leads to a chamber lined with large shelves holding miscellaneous Dwemer items. A Dwarven chest is under one of the shelves, and two destroyed Dwarven spiders are on the ground nearby. Stairs to the east descend to a door, which opens to the arena-style main chamber. Several reavers occupy the chamber. A pedestal on a platform in the center of the room is set with a 3x3 grid, into which Kagrumez resonance gems can be inserted. There are five resonance gems in total. Two gems can be found on the reaver in the main chamber who also carries Raleth Eldri's notes. Another gem can be bought or pickpocketed from Revus Sarvani, who camps near his silt strider northwest of Tel Mithryn. Another gem can be found at the end of Fahlbtharz. The final gem can be found in Nchardak during the quest The Path of Knowledge. Only four gems are needed to explore the entire ruin.
There are three doors in the ruin, which can only be opened by placing resonance gems in the pedestal in three specific patterns; the patterns are engraved on the corresponding doors. Placing the gems in these patterns will trigger three arena matches. During each match, you will be locked in the main chamber, and several Dwarven automatons will attack you. For the first round, you will have to defeat three ballistae and three spiders. For the second round, you will have to defeat two spheres and five spiders. For the third round, you will have to defeat two ballistae, one sphere, and two spiders. A round is over when all automatons have been destroyed; the second and third rounds have environmental hazards as well.
The first door requires two resonance gems to open, the second door requires three gems, and the third door requires four gems. Beyond the first door on the north wall of the main chamber is a room with a large shelf holding Dwemer items, a Dwarven chest, and the Steadfast Dwarven Spider, a potential follower. Beyond the second door is a room with a Dwarven chest and the Steadfast Dwarven Sphere, another potential follower. Beyond the third door is a room with a destroyed Dwarven centurion, a chest, a flawless diamond, two diamonds, a quiver of arrows, and the unique Dwarven Black Bow of Fate. With the Arcane Archer Pack Creation installed, several Soul Stealer Arrows can be found next to the bow; when taken, you will automatically learn how to craft the arrows. A corridor to the west leads to a balcony with three chairs overlooking the main chamber.
Three alcoves with gates are set high in the walls of the main chamber, and serve as the spawn areas for some of the Dwarven automatons during the arena matches. The alcove to the south can be reached by using the Whirlwind Sprint shout from the balcony above the chamber. The alcoves to the northeast and northwest can be reached by using Whirlwind Sprint from the balcony to a pipe in the center of the chamber, then using Whirlwind Sprint from there to the northeast alcove. Another sprint across will get you to the northwest alcove. There is nothing behind the gates.
- You can only have one steadfast automaton follower at a time.
- Sometimes, the corpse of Raleth Eldri will not appear.
- Sometimes, the Dwarven automatons become stuck in their spawn alcoves around the main chamber during an arena match. If the match won't end and you think you've destroyed all of the automatons, get as close as possible below each alcove, and if a red enemy dot appears on your HUD, you will know an automaton is above. To destroy the automaton, back up as far as possible and shoot arrows or destruction spells into the alcove, or use the spell Unbounded Storms from the Arcane Accessories Creation.
- Sometimes, after all Dwarven automatons are destroyed during an arena match, you will still be trapped in the main chamber, and will have no choice but to load a prior save.
- Sometimes, the steadfast automaton followers will not appear.
- Though the steadfast automaton followers are supposed to respawn in their nooks if they are killed in battle, they might not and you'll never be able to use them again.