|This page or section is incomplete. You can help by adding to it.
For more information, see the help files, the style guide, and this article's .
Frost Damage is a type of magical damage. It is not that commonly seen outside of the Warden class, as none of the other classes have a skill line devoted to it. Some enemies do use it but not many—Frost Atronachs being the most notable.
Frost Damage can cause the Chilled Status Effect, which applies the Minor Maim debuff to the target for 4 seconds, reducing their damage dealt by 15%. Chilled also deals an additional single Frost Damage tick, and makes targets more vulnerable to certain subsequent Frost Damage effects (such as Wall of Frost) which can further apply the Immobilize debilitating effect.
- All Ice Staves.
- All weapons enchanted with a Glyph of Frost (using a Dekeipa runestone). Note that staves may be enchanted with a different elemental damage, so a single staff could do both Frost and another type of damage.
- Several skills from the Winter's Embrace skill line of the Warden class:
- Ice Comet ultimate morph, Mages Guild skill line
- Force Shock skill, Destruction Staff skill line
- Wall of Frost skill, Destruction Staff skill line
|Set||Weight||5 piece bonus|
|Caluurion's Legacy||Light Armor||When you deal Critical Damage with a single target Magicka ability, you launch a Fire, Ice, Shock, or Disease ball at your target that deals 150-12900 damage and applies a status effect. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.|
|Elemental Succession||Light Armor||Whenever you deal Flame, Shock, or Frost Damage, you gain 6-550 Spell Damage for that element for 4 seconds. This effect can occur every 4 seconds per element. You can have multiple different elemental buffs active simultaneously.|
|Frozen Watcher||Heavy Armor||Summon a blizzard around you while blocking, inflicting 11-1000 Frost Damage every 1 second to enemies within your blizzard. Your blizzard has a 15% chance of inflicting Chilled on enemies damaged.|
|The Ice Furnace||Heavy Armor||When you deal direct damage with a Frost Damage ability, you have a 50% chance to deal an additional 34-997 Flame Damage to all enemies within 8 meters around the initial target. This effect can occur once every 1 second.|
|Iceheart||Any||When you deal Critical Damage, you have a 20% chance to gain a damage shield that absorbs 100-8600 damage for 6 seconds. While the damage shield holds, you deal 8-770 Frost Damage to all enemies within 5 meters of you every 1 second. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.|
|Icy Conjuror||Light Armor||Applying a minor debuff to your enemy summons a non-reflectable Ice Wraith that will charge into your enemy, dealing 216-18920 Frost Damage over 8 seconds. This effect can occur every 12 seconds.|
|Wild Impulse||Weapon||Reduce the cost of Impulse by 10%. Impulse places lingering elemental damage on your targets, dealing 38-3333 Flame, 38-3333 Shock, and 38-3333 Frost Damage over 8 seconds.|
|Winterborn||Light Armor||When you deal Frost Damage, you have an 8% chance to summon an ice pillar that deals 70-6020 Frost Damage to all enemies in a 3 meter radius. The ice pillar persists for 2 seconds and reduces the Movement Speed of all enemies within the radius by 60%.|
|Ysgramor's Birthright||Light Armor||Adds 4-400 Spell Damage to your Frost Damage abilities.|
There are several ways of protecting yourself against Frost Damage.
- Nord characters have access to the Resist Frost passive skill, which reduces all Frost Damage received.
- A Glyph of Frost Resist, created with a Dekeipa Essence rune and a negative Potency rune, can be applied to jewelry.
- Any effect which increases your Spell Resistance will also reduce Frost Damage in addition to several other elemental types.
- Champion Points spent in Elemental Defender on The Lady constellation will reduce damage from frost.