This page documents the blessings that you can receive, typically by activating altars in temples. These are short-term blessings which act separately from long-term Standing Stone effects, and do not overwrite or interact with them. Typically, you will want any blessings you come across, unless you are specifically trying to bolster one effect.
Blessings are bestowed by praying at (activating) a shrine to the specified deity.
- Locations of the shrines of the Eight (or Nine) Divines, including those for Auriel added by Dawnguard, are listed at Shrines.
- The Shrine of Nocturnal is located inside the Ragged Flagon Cistern, once you are midway through the Thieves Guild quest line.
You can only have one shrine blessing at a time. If you choose to pray at a second shrine, it will overwrite the previous blessing. Shrine blessings are active for a period of time measured in real time, not in-game time. So a blessing lasting 12 hours will be active during 12 playing hours.
|Blessing of Akatosh||000fb988||Magicka regenerates 10% faster.|
|Blessing of Arkay||000fb994||Increases your health by 25 points.|
|Blessing of AurielDG||xx011360||You are 10% more effective with missile weapons.|
|Blessing of Dibella||000fb995||+10 Speechcraft.|
|Blessing of Julianos||000fb996||Increases your Magicka by 25 points.|
|Blessing of Kynareth||000fb997||Increases your stamina by 25 points.|
|Blessing of Mara||000fb998||Healing spells restore 10% more.|
|Blessing of Nocturnal||0010e8ae||You are 10% harder to detect.|
|Blessing of Stendarr||000fb999||Block 10% more damage with your shield.|
|Blessing of Talos||000fb99a||Time between shouts is reduced 20%.|
|Blessing of Zenithar||000fb99b||Prices are 10% better.|
|Blessing of Azura||xx03bcfb||Resist 10% of magic.|
|Blessing of Boethiah||xx03bcfc||One-handed weapons do 10% more damage.|
|Blessing of Mephala||xx03bcfd||Prices are 10% better.|
These blessings will stack with each other and shrine blessings.
|Blessing of the Stag PrinceDB||xx01bfec||Receive an additional x Health and Stamina while Bow of the Stag Prince is equipped.||
The value of x depends on the number of animals you've killed with the Bow:
Obtained by equipping the Glass Bow of the Stag Prince.
|Blood of the AncientsDG||xx01419b||Your Vampiric Drain spell absorbs Magicka and Stamina from your victims for 1 days;
Your Vampiric Drain spell absorbs Magicka and Stamina from your victims for 3 days;
Your Vampiric Drain spell absorbs Magicka and Stamina from your victims for 5 days;
Your Vampiric Drain spell absorbs Magicka and Stamina from your victims for 7 days;
Your Vampiric Drain spell absorbs Magicka and Stamina from your victims for 9 days.
||Drink from the Bloodstone Chalice. Duration increases with each Ancient Power quest completed, to a maximum of 9 days.|
|Dragonslayer's Blessing||000e76e0||10% increased Critical Hit Chance vs. Dragons for 5 days.||
||Speaking to Esbern after Alduin's Wall.|
|Tainted Blood of the AncientsDG||xx0149a7||Your Vampiric Drain spell absorbs Magicka and Stamina from your victims for 1 day, but at the cost of 30 less health.||
||Drink from the Bloodspring.|
|The Gift of Charity||000eef58||+10 Speechcraft for 3600 seconds.||
||Giving a coin to a beggar.
Giving a gift to your child.HF
|Voice of the Sky||0010a2da||Animals will neither attack nor flee from you.||
||Reading all ten etched tablets on the way leading to High Hrothgar.
- Even if you betrayed Azura during The Black Star, you will still be able to gain her blessing.
- "Voice of the Sky"'s effect works on you and your follower, but not on your horse! Aggressive animals like Bears and Wolves still attack your horse (even with you mounted), but deer and elk don't flee.
- For the player, all shrine blessings and the Blessing of the Stag Prince are scaled by any active Fortify Restoration alchemy effect at the moment the blessing is applied. Scaled magnitudes stick until the blessing is removed or refreshed. In the 'Active Effects' list, the description will show the increased effect magnitude.
Mod Notes: This is caused by the fact that the associated magic effects have their 'Magic Skill' field set to 'Restoration', which allows perk AlchemySkillBoosts to scale the spell magnitudes by (1 + RestorationPowerMod/100).