|Items||Head, Neck, Chest, Finger|
(Click on any item for details)
Blessing of Mara
Alchemy description: Restoration spells are <mag>% stronger for <dur> seconds.
Enchanting description: Restoration spells cost <mag>% less to cast.
In potions, Fortify Restoration increases the magnitude of Restoration magic.
The following alchemy ingredients can be used to create a potion of Fortify Restoration:
In enchantments, Fortify Restoration decreases the cost of Restoration spells, and the use cost of Restoration based enchantments.
The following items use this effect. You can learn how to enchant custom items with Fortify Restoration if you find one of the following items and disenchant it:
- All varieties of Armor, Circlets, Helmets, and Rings of Restoration
- Includes the enchantments of Minor Restoration, of Major Restoration, of Extreme Restoration, of Eminent Restoration, and of Peerless Restoration.
- The Bond of Matrimony
- The Bond of Matrimony can be disenchanted, but the underlying effect is just a standard Fortify Restoration effect instead of the different effect that might be inferred from the name Blessing of Mara. Also, this effect cannot be applied to any item after it is learned.
Artifacts and unique items that use the effect but cannot be disenchanted include:
The various Robes of Restoration use a different variant of the Fortify Restoration effect, and the Saarthal Amulet uses a third variant
- The Blessing of Mara provides 10% Fortify Restoration
- Notably, three ingredients for a potion of this effect (Cyrodilic Spadetail, Abecean Longfin, and Small Antlers) can be found in and along rivers; by following a large river downstream, players can collect dozens of potions' worth of these three ingredients quickly. An even easier method of collecting the Spadetails and Longfins is to take them from the fish barrels in the docks just outside of Riften, or by using the fish hatchery available at Windstad ManorHF. Salt Pile also offers this effect, and can be purchased at nearly any tavern and are found in fish barrels as well.
- Fortify Restoration potions can be used to increase other Fortify Skill enchantments. This creates a game-breaking exploit that is discussed here.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.3.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- Drinking a Fortify Restoration potion before taking the perks Extra Pockets and Recovery will increase the effects of the perks permanently.
- Drinking a Fortify Restoration potion before activating The Lady Stone or the The Atronach Stone will increase their effects until another stone is activated. The description in the 'Active Effects' list doesn't show the increased effect magnitude.
- Drinking a Fortify Restoration potion before activating any of the Shrine Blessings will increase their effects until the blessing is removed or refreshed, see bugs. The description in the 'Active Effects' list reflects the increased effect magnitude.
- Drinking a Fortify Restoration potion before equipping an Amulet of Talos reduces the cooldown on Dragon Shouts even further.