|# of Zones||4|
|Respawn Time||10 days|
|Bandits, Frostbite Spiders; either Imperials or Stormcloaks|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|FortGreenwallExterior01, FortGreenwallExterior02, FortGreenwallExterior03, FortGreenwall01, FortGreenwall02, FortGreenwall03, FortGreenwall04|
|South-southeast of Shor's Stone
Northwest of Riften
|# of Forges/Anvils||1|
|# of Grindstones||1|
|# of Workbenches||1|
Fort Greenwall is a large fort south-southeast of Shor's Stone, northwest of Riften, initially occupied by bandits. The fort will be taken over by whoever wins the civil war, or by the faction currently holding Riften if the player first clears it of bandits.
Both the exterior and interiors are fairly different depending on whether the fort is held by bandits or soldiers.
Greenwall Cave, which is not connected to any of the fort's three interior zones, is accessible from the fort's exterior area. There is one entrance inside the fort's walls (the covered well), and one outside. The cave is a good source of glowing mushrooms. The entrance via the well is down a ladder.
Underwater below the well, there is a dead soldier, a letter which explains who he was, two bottles of alto wine, three bottles of wine, six bottles of Nord mead, and an unlocked chest. To the northeast is a gate with a leveled lock, which leads to a descending path and partially flooded tunnel ending at the second entrance. This entrance is northeast of the fort.
- To the east of Greenwall Cave's main entrance (the one exterior to the fort), there is a caged wolf. When freed, two Trappers will proceed to attack you, with the wolf siding with you against them. If the wolf manages to survive the fight, it will be friendly, and will remain in the cage area.
- During the related Civil War quest, there will be many more soldiers.
- Fort Greenwall also appears in ESO.
- On the left edge of the fireplace is the tip and bottom of the handle of a second iron battleaxe (as if it is under the fireplace), but you are unable to interact with it.
- I'm not sure whether this is a bug or intentional. If you clear the fort of bandits prior to starting the Civil War questline, then when the fort respawns, the interior items and room content will change to those as if the fort were occupied by Stormcloaks, but there are no soldiers either inside or outside the fort. Only a single horse will appear near the stable.