|Store||The Drunken Huntsman|
|Gold||750 (+500 Investor; +1000 Master Trader)|
|Sells||See The Drunken Huntsman|
|Buys||Armor, Arrows, Food, Tools, Weapons|
|Primary Skills||Archery, Speech, Smithing, Sneak|
|Faction(s)||CrimeFactionWhiterun; JobFletcherFaction; JobMerchantFaction; TownWhiterunFaction; Whiterun Drunken Huntsman Vendor; WhiterunDrunkenHuntsmanFaction|
Elrindir is a Wood Elf fletcher who owns The Drunken Huntsman with his brother, Anoriath. He can be found behind the counter in The Drunken Huntsman at all times. He will buy and sell items all day and night.
When asked about the name of the inn, he will gladly explain: "Yes, I hear that question often. My brother Anoriath and I came up with it one night after consuming... rather too much mead. After our drinks, we went out for a moonlight hunt. We got separated, and in his drunken state my brother mistook me for a deer. He shot an arrow that pierced my... well, my rump. After such a memorable adventure, we knew we had the name for our shop." When asked about work, he will readily point you to a few places in Whiterun: "Try Hulda, the innkeeper at the Bannered Mare. It's just up the road, near the market. You should check in at Dragonsreach, too. There's so much going on these days, the Jarl or his Steward might have need of help."
A man of business, Elrindir has a greeting ready dependent on race and will be especially welcoming towards his own kind: "Ah, hello my Nord/Argonian/Khajiit friend. In the market for some hunting supplies?" A fellow Bosmer may receive this welcome: "Ah, kinsman. How my heart soars to look upon a brother Bosmer. Please, how can I serve your hunting needs?" If you are a female he will say: "Ah... How my heart soars to look upon a sister Bosmer. Please, how can I serve your hunting needs?"
Elrindir can be seen having random conversations with his brother Anoriath, as outlined below:
Anoriath: "I've been thinking of hunting out beyond the boundaries of Whiterun hold."
Elrindir: "Again? You just had an 'extended hunt' last month. To the Pine Forest, wasn't it."
Anoriath: "That was three days. I'm thinking more like three weeks."
Elrindir: "Three weeks? You're mad! You can't keep the stand closed for that long!"
Anoriath: "Why not? Business has been terrible. Most folk would rather hunt their own meat than buy ours."
Elrindir: "Nonsense. That's just an excuse for you to avoid working, and 'commune with the greenwood like our fathers of old' and blah blah."
Anoriath: "Congratulations, brother. You've been living in Skyrim so long, you've become a Nord."
Elrindir: "At least the Nords don't shirk their responsibilities."
Elrindir: "Our stock of arrows is running a bit low."
Anoriath: "All right. I'll fletch some more when I get the time."
Elrindir: "Good. I'll do the same. We've still got plenty of shafts from that Riverwood shipment."
Anoriath: "It's been two months, and no word from father."
Elrindir: "Don't worry, brother. I'm sure he's fine. We've waited longer before receiving a letter."
Anoriath: "Might be worth riding out to Solitude, see if a messenger ship's come in."
Elrindir: "If it'll put your mind at ease, then I agree. But not now, all right? We need the business from the stand."
- Elrindir may attack you upon entering The Drunken Huntsman for no apparent reason. Drawing and sheathing your weapon will not stop him from attacking, and if he chases you outside, other NPCs, including Whiterun guards, may attack you as well.
- This bug may be caused if you attacked and/or killed the random imperial courier that is sometimes spawned running near you. This also leads to other NPCs turning hostiles, such as the traveling mercenary who is "on his way to investigate trouble nearby," or even random stormcloak soldiers met alongside the road.
- Reload an earlier save, and prior to entering the Drunken Huntsman, commit a minor crime in front of a Whiterun guard which causes you to gain a bounty, then clear that bounty. This may also work if you have already triggered his hostility, but have not been attacked by the guards.
- Open the console, click on Elrindir or enter the command
prid 1a681, then use the command
setav aggression 0. Note that this may only work before he actually turns hostile.
- It is not possible to invest with Elrindir.