|This page or parts of this page were previously transcluded from lore pages per this discussion.
This page should be checked for potential unrelated lore and other information. Please remove this banner when the page has been cleaned up.
Argonians (Saxhleel, or People of the Root in their native language of Jel) are the reptilian natives of Black Marsh, a vast swampland province in southeastern Tamriel. The other races often refer to them as "lizards" or the "Lizard Folk" instead, especially when meaning to be derogatory. They are known as the foremost experts in guerrilla warfare throughout Tamriel, a reputation brought upon them by defending their borders from enemies for countless centuries. Argonians have a lifespan similar to that of humans. According to the First Era Scholar Brendan the Persistent, "The Argonian people have, throughout Tamrielic history, been perhaps the most misunderstood, vilified, and reviled of all the sentient races. Yet, those who have taken the time to experience Argonian culture have gained a greater appreciation for this noble and beautiful people." However, it should be noted that he himself went missing in his final expedition into the deeper swamps of their homeland.
For more information, see the main lore article.
This reptilian race, well-suited for the treacherous swamps of their Black Marsh homeland, has developed a natural resistance to diseases and the ability to breathe underwater. They can call upon the Histskin to regenerate health very quickly.
- Resist Disease ability (FormID
00104acf): Your Argonian blood is 50% resistant to disease, constant.
- Waterbreathing ability (FormID
000aa01b): Your Argonian lungs can breathe underwater, constant.
- Histskin greater power (FormID
000e40d5): Invoke the power of the Hist to recover health ten times faster for 60 seconds, once per day.
- Raw DietCC (FormID:
xx00088d): Your Argonian blood allows you to eat raw meat without risk of disease.
- Weakness to ColdCC (FormID
xx000875): Argonians become colder 25% faster in cold environments.
- Height: 1.01 (M), 1 (F)
- In addition, their claws do +6 damage in unarmed combat
Argonians make good thieves, as they have the right stat boosts. The underwater breathing makes them good underwater treasure hunters and fishers; it also provides them with a good way to escape enemies by swimming. A +5 boost to Alteration and Restoration gives them good magical potential. Their claw bonus also helps them win brawls.
Their Histskin power plays a vital role (particularly in early gameplay), saving players from near death against more powerful opponents by making them essentially invincible for a minute.
|Being taunted||You'll make a fine pair of boots, lizard!"|
|When happening upon a dead body||"Hss! Dead. Who did this?"|
|Detected pickpocketing (by another race)||"You dirty filching lizard!"|
- Argonians are no longer resistant to Poison as they were in previous games.
- If you put on a Shrouded Cowl (with the mask) and the character has horns, the horns disappear, with no head gear shown.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- Argonians are unable to use Disarming Bash unless they're a vampire.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- Decapitating a male Argonian will cause the skin texture on his head to disappear with the eyes, mouth, and horns still remaining.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.5 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.