Hermaeus Mora (or Herma-Mora) is the Daedric prince of knowledge, sometimes called the Demon of Knowledge, whose sphere is the scrying of the tides of Fate of the past and future. Unlike most Princes, Hermaeus Mora does not take on a humanoid form, but appears instead as a grotesque abomination: he is a green mass or void of tentacles and eyes.
Apocrypha is Hermaeus Mora's plane of Oblivion—a virtually endless library where all forbidden knowledge can be found. Hermaeus' grasp of tentacles constantly breach the murky dark waters. Seekers and Lurkers serve Hermaeus Mora by guarding the secrets of the Black Books.
For more information, see the lore article.
Discerning the TransmundaneEdit
- "Come closer. Bask in my presence."
- Who are you?
- "I am Hermaeus Mora. I am the guardian of the unseen, and knower of the unknown. I have been watching you, mortal. Most impressive."
- What do you want of me?
- "Your continuing aid to Septimus renders him increasingly obsolete. He has served me well, but his time is nearing its end. Once that infernal lockbox is opened, he will have exhausted his usefulness to me. When that time comes, you shall take his place as my emissary. What say you?"
- I am your servant, my lord.
- "Indeed. Speak with me when the box has been opened, and all shall be revealed."
- I'll never join you, vile demon!
- "Be warned. Many have thought as you do. I have broken them all. You shall not evade me forever."
Once you have the Oghma Infinium:
- "Come, my champion."
- What now?
- "Now you have my Oghma Infinium. It contains the knowledge of the ages as revealed to , my loyal servant. For hundreds of years it's been shut away from the world. Septimus was a useful tool for unleashing it. Now it is in your hands. Let us work wonders together..."
- I am not your champion, monster.
- "Who do you think brought Septimus here? Who do you think protected you on your journey to open the box and loose my knowledge on this world? Your free will is an illusion. Whether you acknowledge me or not is your own business. But I will be in your mind."