Online:Eclipse< Elder Scrolls Online: Skills: Dawn's Wrath
|Line Rank||30||Cost||4320 Magicka|
|Cast Time||Instant||Duration||4 seconds|
You now apply the ability to yourself. Heals you when you take direct damage instead. Melee attackers are snared.
Deals damage to the attacker and anyone near them when they trigger any of the effects.
- Eclipse: Cost: [4590 / 4500 / 4410 / 4320] Magicka.
Envelop an enemy in a lightless sphere for 4 seconds, that harms them with growing intensity anytime they use a Direct Damage attack. Limited to one. Their first attack reduces their movement speed by 30% for 4 seconds, their second attack immobilizes them for 3 seconds, and their third attack stuns them for 3 seconds. The effects can activate once every 1 second.
- Living Dark: Cost: 4050 Magicka, Duration: 10 seconds, Target: Self.
Envelop yourself in a lightless sphere for 10 seconds to protect yourself. Anytime you take direct damage, the sphere lashes back at the attacker, reducing their movement speed by 40% for 3 seconds and healing you for [2000 / 2022 / 2043 / 2066] Health. These effects can occur once every half second.
- Unstable Core: Area: 5 meters.
Envelop an enemy in a lightless sphere for 4 seconds, that harms them with growing intensity anytime they deal direct damage. Limited to one. Their first attack reduces their movement speed by 30% for 4 seconds and deals [583 / 591 / 597 / 602] Magic Damage, their second attack immobilizes them for 3 seconds and deals [1164 / 1178 / 1189 / 1201] Magic Damage, and their third attack stuns them for 3 seconds and deals [2326 / 2352 / 2377 / 2401] Magic Damage. The effects can activate once every 1 second.
Eclipse reflects the target's spells back to them and explodes at the end of the effect, dealing Magic Damage to the target and other nearby enemies. The Unstable Core morph removes the reflect effect but increases the ending blast damage instead. Or you can use Living Dark, which applies the effect to yourself and immobilizes any enemies that attack you, healing you for each attack.
- This spell is mostly useful against spellcasters (unless you use Unstable Core). The explosion at the end is still useful against all targets, but only if the target survives long enough for the blast to occur.
- One subtle use for this spell is that it can be used against non-hostile targets such as bugs and rats, etc. This turns them into tiny little bombs which will still deal area damage to your enemies. With Unstable Core, you can set up a couple of them without actually alerting the enemy to your presence, so they'll go off during the fight. So look around for those little critters if they happen to be nearby, because this spell can actually make them useful.
- Before Update 13, only the Unstable Core morph could be placed on an unlimited amount of enemies.
- Total Dark: The tooltip now lists the correct duration for this ability.
- Fixed an issue where the caster of this ability was being charged magicka every time a spell was reflected.
- The ability Eclipse will no longer reflect back the damage over time from
Twin Slashes and Searing Strike.
- Added a new graphical effect to this ability when projectiles are reflected.
- Total Dark: This ability now heals the caster for each projectile reflected by the ability.
- Unstable Core: This ability will now explode if the affected target uses CC Break or Cleanse to remove it. Also fixed an issue where this ability was able to deal full damage to more than 6 targets. This ability's area-of-effect damage now correctly prioritizes targets.
- Fixed an issue where this ability would trigger your global cooldowns every time it reflected another ability.
- This ability and the Total Dark morph can now reflect ranged physical projectiles back to the enemy, in addition to spell projectiles.
- Revised the tooltips for this ability and the Total Dark morph to indicate that the area damage effect is separate from the self-reflect effect, and can be applied to a CC-immune target.
- Fixed an issue where this ability and the Total Dark morph could reflect snares from ground-placed ticking abilities, such as Caltrops or Ash Cloud, and cause you to move at extremely high speeds.
- Unstable Core: Increased the area damage when the effect ends by 50% and can be placed on an unlimited amount of targets, but it no longer reflects single target spells back to the enemy.
- Fixed an issue where this ability and the Total Dark morph were not dealing their area-of-effect explosion damage.
- This ability and the Total Dark morph can now be placed on an unlimited amount of targets.
- This ability and its morphs will now deal their Area of Effect damage even if the target dies.
- Power of the Light (Backlash morph): Fixed an issue where this morph's damage was being mitigated on the target's Spell Resistance instead of their Physical Resistance.
- Radiant Destruction: Decreased the damage from this ability and its morphs by approximately 21%.
- Developer Comment: The damage of Radiant Destruction was so high that players were able to cast this on targets with high health values and still deal effective damage. This change makes it more important to use the ability at the correct time. In PvP, other players now have more time to react, and in PvE the rotation requires using multiple abilities for a longer period of time.
- This ability and its morphs now last for 3.5 seconds, down from 6 seconds, but can no longer be removed with Break Free. After the effect ends, enemies will gain CC-immunity.
- Reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 20%.
- Eclipse: This ability and its morphs now returns damage whenever the affected enemy casts a direct damage attack. It still grants crowd control immunity when the effect ends and can now be removed by Break Free. Eclipse can also now be placed on an unlimited amount of enemies as a baseline effect.
- Total Dark: This morph will heal you when the target casts a direct damage attack.
- Unstable Core: This morph adds area of effect damage when the effect ends.
- Developer Notes: Similar to Petrify, we wanted to change this disorient into a stun while retaining its current functionality to make useful in more situations.
- Casting Eclipse when you have low health means the enemy may be able to ignore it and still kill your character. However, if you are able to stay alive, it can shift the tide of battle in your favor against an aggressive opponent.
- Fixed an issue where the following abilities and their morphs could not be cast against blocking enemies:
- Rune Prison
- Fixed an issue where the following abilities (and their associated morphs) could not be cast against an enemy player with the Shield Wall ability active:
- Rune Prison
- This ability and its morphs will no longer proc off Direct Damage attacks such as Spiked Armor or Thews of the Harbinger's damage return.
- Updated the tooltip on these abilities to properly indicate their internal cooldown, which have always been there.
- Reduced the damage dealt by the thorn mechanic (damage return) of this ability and its morphs by 25%. Note this only pertains to the damage; the heal of Total Dark and explosion of Unstable Core remain untouched.
- Reworked this ability and its morphs so you will now envelop your target in a sphere of darkness for 4 seconds, which harms them anytime they use a Direct Damage attack. These abilities can now only be active on one target at a time.
- Their first attack causes the sphere to hinder them, reducing their Movement Speed by 30% for 4 seconds.
- Their second attack causes the sphere to entangle them, immobilizing them for 3 seconds.
- Their third attack causes the sphere to smother them, stunning them for 3 seconds.
- These effect can only occur once every second.
- Note that the sphere can no longer be CC broken early, but can still be cleansed.
- Total Dark:
- Renamed this morph to Living Dark.
- You now envelop yourself in darkness for 4 seconds, which protects you. Anytime an enemy hits you with a Direct Damage attack, they are immobilized for 3 seconds and you are healed.
- This heal value has been decreased by approximately 66% compared to the original value, but can now occur every half second rather than every .75 seconds.
- Unstable Core: Each time the sphere activates on the attacker, they will take damage. This damage increases based on the stage the sphere is currently in.
- Developer Comment: The previous iteration of Eclipse was originally meant to be a tool to disincentivize your target from continuously attacking, and instead back off or remove the effect. Due to the effect being able to be removed through CC break, it lead to very binary performance situations. This new functionality is meant to retain the idea to punish the target from continuously attacking, but with less polarizing gameplay elements for both sides. We also wanted the ability to be used in both PvE and PvP, so we've removed the pseudo crowd control element it once operated from.
- Fixed an issue where reapplying this ability or the Unstable Core morph to a target before the original expired could cause issues with the cooldown of the effects.
- Living Dark (morph):
- This morph now only snares targets for 60%, rather than immobilizing them.
- Reduced the healing by approximately 10%.
- Unstable Core (morph):
- Reduced the initial and secondary damage dealt of this ability by approximately 44%, and the final hit by 25%.
- These attacks now happen in a 5 meter radius around the target, as the visuals insinuate.