|To meet our site's higher standard of quality, this article or section may require cleanup. The user who placed this here had the following concern:
May need to be updated following changes in Update 35.
To leave a message about the cleanup for this article, please add it to this article's talk page.
- Caltrops: Hurl a ball of caltrops that scatter over the target area, dealing [364 / 368 / 370 / 377] Physical Damage every 1 second to enemies inside, and reducing their Movement Speed by 50%.
- Anti-Cavalry Caltrops: Duration: [12 / 13 / 14 / 15] seconds.
Hurl a ball of caltrops that scatter over the target area, dealing 376 Physical Damage every 1 second to enemies inside, and reducing their Movement Speed by 50%. The caltrops also drain the Mount Stamina of any enemy in the area.
- Razor Caltrops: Hurl a ball of caltrops that scatter over the target area, dealing 376 Physical Damage every 1 second to enemies inside, and reducing their Movement Speed by 50%. Enemies who take damage from the caltrops have Major Breach applied to them, reducing their Physical and Spell Resistance by 5948 for [1.1 / 2.1 / 3.1 / 4.1] seconds.
Caltrops deals Physical Damage over time in a large area. Anti-Cavalry Caltrops increases the duration and also drains the Stamina of all enemy mounts, which may force them to dismount, while the Razor Caltrops morph increases the initial damage and also reduces the movement speed of all affected targets.
- Previously, the Anti-Cavalry Caltrops morph would automatically dismount any mounted enemies, but now it just drains their mounts' Stamina instead. Thus, players who have invested in the Stamina Riding Skill may be able to withstand this attack for longer without being dismounted.
- While Anti-Cavalry Caltrops is mostly only useful in Cyrodiil, Razor Caltrops is quite effective in PvE content as well.
* Fixed multiple issues where using this ability would reduce your game's performance.
* This now shows a red ring on the ground when cast by an enemy in Cyrodiil.
* Shadow Cloak
: This ability is no longer removed by the following ticking damage abilities.
* This ability now shows a red telegraph to enemy player characters.
- Razor Caltrops: Fixed an issue where this ability was dealing less damage than Caltrops.
* This ability now correctly applies damage every second to enemies, and will no longer cause you to display a hit reaction for each damage tick.
- Anti-Cavalry Caltrops: Increased the duration of this ability by 5 seconds.
* This ability is no longer considered a melee attack, and it will not trigger the Redguard passive ability Adrenaline Rush. Caltrops now sorts targets based on the center of the attack, rather than the distance from the caster.
* Shadow Cloak
: Fixed an issue where you were not being hit by some area of effect abilities while Shadow Cloak was active. The following abilities will now correctly damage a Shadow Cloaked target:
* Fixed an issue where Spiked Armor and Spiked Bone Shield would trigger damage against attackers using Caltrops.
- Anti-Cavalry Caltrops: Fixed an issue where the visual effects of this ability were ending after 30 seconds, rather than 35 seconds (the actual duration).
* Made some performance adjustments for this ability and its morphs.
* Multiple player characters can now stack this ability and its morphs in the same area and damage the same target.
- Reduced the size of this ability and its morphs to 8 meters from 12 meters.
- Reduced the duration of this ability and its morphs to 12 seconds from 30 seconds.
- Reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 50%.
- Increased the damage of this ability and its morphs by approximately 75%.
- Developer Comments: The changes to Caltrops allow it to behave more like a standard ground-targeted damage over time ability, such as Lightning Splash or Volley. This will help improve Stamina builds' sustained single target and area of effect damage in dungeons and Trials.
* Fixed an issue where the visual effects of this ability and its morphs would remain even after the ability had been dispelled by Negate Magic
or the Earthgore
- Razor Caltrops: Fixed an issue where the initial direct damage from this morph had a radius of 12 meters, instead of the intended 8 meter radius.
* Razor Caltrops:
- This morph no longer snares enemies hit upon the initial hit. Instead, the initial hit deals as much damage as an instant cast AoE spammable ability (approximately 350% damage increase for the initial hit).
- Adjusted this ability to follow our standardized Damage over Time ruleset. Added a 1 second delay between then initial hit and the first tick, and increased the damage per tick by approximately 8% to make up for the loss of the first tick.
- Anti-Cavalry Caltrops: Increased duration to 15 seconds from 14 seconds.
- Powerful Assault: Fixed an issue where this item set would trigger multiple times from a single cast of Caltrops or its morphs.
* Reduced the base cost to 2984 from 3510.
- Increased the snare potency to 50% from 30%.
- Reduced the damage per tick by approximately 60%, and decreased the duration to 10 seconds from 12 seconds. These changes apply to all morphs.
- Caltrops now ranks up in 1.1% damage per rank, rather than reducing in cost.
- Anti-Cavalry Caltrops: Decreased the base duration to 12 seconds, which ranks up to 15 seconds at Rank IV. It also no longer increases in damage per rank.
- Razor Caltrops: This ability no longer deals initial hit damage, but instead applies Major Fracture to enemies hit by the DoT, up to 4 seconds at Rank IV.