Skyrim talk:Glitches/Archive 7< Skyrim talk:Glitches
|This is an archive of past Skyrim talk:Glitches discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page, except for maintenance such as updating links.|
Discovered locations becoming undiscovered
Came across a glitch that hasn't been mentioned yet on the page: map locations disappearing. At least, I didn't see listed anywhere; the page has gotten quite long.
I'm currently ferreting out locations I haven't discovered, and I made my way to a black undiscovered ruin marker on my compass. It turned out to be Volskygge, which was discovered and added to my map. However, I had found and cleared Volskygge a long, long time ago. I remember because for a while I kept Volsung, which you get at Volskygge, in my inventory in case I needed to breathe underwater. A quick google search turned up this person having a similar problem. The claim was largely dismissed there, but I can confirm that discovered locations can become undiscovered for no apparent reason. Minor EditsThreats•Evidence 03:05, 15 June 2012 (UTC)
Fire Arrow Glitch
Help Decorating House
The physics glitch mentioned in the article where items won't stay where you dropped them. It says that if you save then immediately reload that save, exit your house and go back in you can place the items and they will stay where yu put them. Well It I tried this several times but it hasn't worked for me, every time I"ve returned to my house to find my stuff is in dissaray. So I guess what I'm trying to say is: Is there a better way to do this? And if it doesn't really work should we remove that part from the glitches page?--ElementalDud 17:55, 7 August 2012 (UTC)
I defeated Alduin at the Throat of the World, and went over to Paarthurnax to speak to him. The dialogue started, but Paarthurnax shot up into the air and kept rising, his voice getting quieter until only the subtitles remained. While he was up there, the quest marker icon in the compass constantly moved from left to right over and over. Once the dialogue had finished, he came straight back down and settled on top of the word wall monument. This is with patch 1.6 on XBox360. 220.127.116.11 19:07, 8 August 2012 (UTC)
Sprint issues with Xbox 360 controller on PC
After installing a Xbox 360 controller, the "sprint" command isn't working, even when remapped to another button. This is with Dawnguard and patch 1.7 on PC. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 21:56 on 16 August 2012 (UTC)
- I had a described sprint bug that was only resolved when I entered sneak mode and exited it. Specifically, I was unable to sprint in first-person view, third-person was unaltered. Reloading didn't work. This was on the PS3, but I've read about it happening on PC and Xbox as well so make sure it wasn't that. 22.214.171.124 20:24, 24 November 2012 (GMT)
Put people in well in riften!
I was just screwing around and found that if you drop an iron arrow and then throw it into the well in riften a bunch of people will try to get it and will appear inside the well. it may take a few moments but they do. It is rather entertaining when accompanied by saying "It puts the lotion on its skin." They like to fight over the arrows as well and can cause some characters to die. They will get out after a short while. it takes them a short while to get into the well. and as i said they just kinda teleport into/out of it. Any one else able to repeat this? — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 17:54 on 18 August 2012
Mannequin Armour dupe glitch...
Can I please have a confirmation that this glitch has been patched by either the Dawnguard Plugin or the 1.7 patch. I'm curious as I was planning on duping the Aetheral Sheild and the Aetherial Crown.KingKTalk 18:26, 19 August 2012 (UTC)
- Also on a separate note would having 15 copies of the Aetheral crown allow a player to have All the standing stone abilities if He/She we're to equip all of them at the same time?KingKTalk 18:29, 19 August 2012 (UTC)
- I have Hearthfire and Dawnguard, and while not on purpose, the mannequin inside Lakeview Manor seems to do this for me. I placed Vampire Armor on it, and replaced it with Elven Armor later. Now, every single time I re-enter my house (after a loading screen), the Vampire Armor is returned. I'm running the latest version on Steam and also the latest Unofficial Skyrim Patch. I tried
enablebut to no avail. --188.8.131.52 15:36, 15 November 2012 (GMT)
- EVERY mannequin is doing this for me, in every home. Once I place any apparel on a mannequin for the first time and leave the home, that apparel seems to become permanently attached to the mannequin. Removing or changing the apparel seems to work as normal, but after going through any loading screen and returning, the permanently attached apparel is equipped on the mannequin again. Permanently attached apparel that had been removed and stored elsewhere is duplicated and re-equipped on the mannequin, while any different apparel that was equipped is kept in the mannequin's inventory but unequipped. I haven't found any way to break the permanent attachment, and my efforts to do so left me with over fifty suits of Ancient Falmer armor and Auriel's Shield. 184.108.40.206 17:28, 6 January 2013 (GMT)
Duplicating Most One Handed Weapons
This is a glitch someone else found... Go to your house in Whiterun, equip the one handed weapon you wish to duplicate in you right hand, then equip a bow. Now quickly activate a weapon wall display (ie the one above the door) a few times quickly, your weapon should be on the rack (or possibly on the floor) and your bow should be on the floor. Next grab the weapon from the weapon display and then the bow. Now equip your weapon in your right hand and exit. Find a random citizen and kill them with the weapon, then drop the weapon on the ground and allow the guards to kill you. When your autosave from exiting the house has loaded, go back inside and your weapon should be on the floor and in your inventory. I have duplicated mehunes razor several times and dragonsbane. Its not incredibly easy and doesnt always work and I'm not sure if all steps are neccesary but again I now have three razors and two dragonbanes. I couldnt get it to work with staves or the dawnguard rune axe. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 14:04 on September 11, 2012
- This does work, sort of. Playing on Xbox, I was able to duplicate the Nightingale Blade. I basically followed the above method, except to say that I had better results when the sword and the bow both ended up on the floor after rapidly activating the weapon plaque - it seemed like it took roughly four quick presses to get this to happen. Also, upon exiting Breezehome, I just dropped the sword and then loaded my autosave, rather than attack anyone.
- The reason I say it "sort of" works is that while I can dual wield my Nightingale Blades, if I drop them both (even in different cells), or put both on a weapon rack, the duplicate disappears. I was able to place both in one container, and also in separate containers, and give the duplicates to followers/NPCs without them disappearing, but it seems only one instance can be loose in the "physical" world at a time. Still pretty cool though.
- UPDATE - I just discovered that my Nightingale Blade no longer displays correctly on weapon racks and plaques after having done this. It gets mounted WAY off center, and shifts even farther every time I re-enter my house. Loading a pre-duplication save fixed the issue. All-in-all, I would say this particular glitch is not worth messing with. Username12345 (talk) 09:32, 19 April 2013 (GMT)
Dawnguard Vampire Lord+Werewolf
Although I've not tested it yet, there is apparently a method within Dawnguard to become both a Vampire and a Werewolf -
- Get Serana as a follower and have her be able to turn you into a Vampire Lord.
- Get to the point in the Companions questline where you must become a Werewolf.
- Before you drink from the fountain, be sure you're a Vampire Lord already.
- While untransformed and with Vampire Lord as your selected power, activate the fountain AND press the powers button to transform at the same time. If done correctly, you will transform into a Werewolf after waking up, THEN the sequence for transforming into a Vampire Lord will complete and you will be a Vampire Lord.
- Immediately revert from Vampire Lord form and have Serana transform you into a Vampire Lord again.
You should be both VL and WW now. :D
Effects of both "diseases" will still work AND you can still transform into either form. However, the passive Vampire buffs and debuffs are still active when you're in Werewolf form. — Unsigned comment by Derejin (talk • contribs) at 22:51 on 22 September 2012 (GMT)
Silly Sam graphics glitch
- Discussion moved from Skyrim talk:A Night To Remember#Bug
When the quest began and I was having the drinking contest with Sam, in the inn at Whiterun, Sam took it into his head to climb on top of the bar stool instead of sitting on it or standing by its side. Worse still, another patron immediately walked up and sat on that very stool, which left his head inside Sam's robes in a ridiculous and indelicate position. 18.104.22.168 06:16, 29 September 2012 (GMT)
- This happens in Fallout: New Vegas all the time. Don't recall if I've seen it it in Skyrim, but it's possible. A google search turned up this photo from somethingawful.com. Seems like this is a generic physics glitch which sometimes occurs when NPCs sit down. Seems worth mentioning. Perhaps the existing chair glitch could be expanded. Minor EditsThreats•Evidence 06:59, 29 September 2012 (GMT)
- I saw a guy standing on a bench in a bar a little while ago, so it's definitely a Skyrim glitch on the Xbox. Can't confirm it on other platforms, but it should probably be added to the page. Minor EditsThreats•Evidence 21:29, 23 October 2012 (GMT)
Civilians Good Turn Is Bad?
Haven't seen this listed anywhere, and it has happened to me on several occasions (PS3): when you drop a stack of items, e.g., stack of 70 leather on the street in Whiterun, and a nearby townsperson picks them up and returns them to you, they will only return 1 of the item. If you try to pickpocket them you will SOMETIMES find that they have the remaining items - 69 leather in this case - but sometimes they don't, and the items have simple vanished. But the real problem comes if a child, which Whiterun has quite a few of, picks the items up: since you can't interact with them in any way, you have no chance of getting your stuff back, and it seems to be lost forever. This has happened to me a significant number of times, in several cities, across several game saves. Anyone else ever have this issue?22.214.171.124 17:07, 2 October 2012 (GMT)
moved to Skyrim_talk:Milling
Explanation of "Infinitely Powerful Items" armor rating change
I accidently finalized my edit to the "infinitely powerful items" section before my explanation was complete. Here's the full explanation:
"You only need a DISPLAYED armor rating of 567 because simply wearing one of four potential pieces of armor gives a HIDDEN armor rating of 25, which is flat. Wearing only one piece, you still need an additional 75 displayed armor rating in order to get the maximum 80% damage reduction." — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 13:31 on 9 October 2012
Giants clubs look like you can pick them up, but when you try it doesn't work. This is intentional, but you can command followers to pick it up, giving them an extremely powerful weapon. Anyone else think this should be put in here?Trevor1324 (talk) 01:03, 16 October 2012 (GMT)
- We'd need for this to be confirmed by a few others before listing it on this page, just so it can reach a consensus and be verified beforehand. -Helenaannevalentine(talk) 02:08, 16 October 2012 (GMT)
- This is definitely true, there is one at Tumble Arch Pass, and you can command any follower to pick it up. The damage it does however, is relevant to the wielder (like Vilkas) but the damage it shows is dependent on your 2H skill, but as said, someone like Vilkas will get more damage out of it than someone like Faendal (an archer). The one I found did about 85 damage at level one. :) AcE x EPiiCzZ (talk) 19:57, 11 November 2012 (GMT)
Vampire Sight power without being Vampire
So my Dunmer character was turned into a vampire, and I had the Vampire Sight power set as the active power to use. I did the quest to cure vampirism, losing all Vampiric powers and abilities yet now if I press the RB button (I play on Xbox 360) it still activates Vampire Sight. I don't have it in my list, and nothing is actively selected. I fear that if I do change the power or to a shout, it will remove it. I currently have up to date updates and both DLC for Xbox, in case that is the cause.--Dro'Bakha (talk) 03:57, 17 October 2012 (GMT)
- This has happened to me before and also one final time with Beast Form once I had cured my Lycanthropy. 188.8.131.52 01:03, 10 December 2012 (GMT)
Skyrim Smoke Glitch...Frustrating!!!!
HI, i've been happily playing skyrim since three weeks ago and now there's someting that is really pissing me off and cannot find any solution anywhere, i was going up the mountain to meet parthunax the dragon when i don't know exactly how, after confronting different monsters something like ice shards got stuck under my character's feet and annoyingly emmitting smoke! in which i already had enough, i've been playing hours but same curse seems that doesn't go away, i got stuck with it, that's it! i've tried everything to get rid of said glitch but failed. only solution, starting the game over?! PLEASE HELP — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 20:56 on 22 October 2012 (UTC)
- Something similar happened to me, except it was in Blackreach, I used a Shout near a dwarven centurion stand, then less than a second after something on my screen said "Item(s) added". There wasn't anything new in my inventory, however my orc had a lot of steam steam and sparks coming off of him. It turns out it is the looping anim for a centurion getting off its stand... I have no way of getting rid of it. :( AcE x EPiiCzZ (talk) 20:02, 11 November 2012 (GMT)
This behavior started at the same time a patch added the magic and bow kill moves, I am quite sure of that. The mouse worked not well in menus before that, but in fights it worked always.
I am very sure the the (IMHO) completely superfluous and annoying kill moves are triggering this problem. I suspect some internal flag in the software which keeps track if a button is pressed or released is not reset or becomes stuck. Repeatedly clicking single and both buttons fixes the problem - but as a mage you rely on the 'man stop power' from your spells (perk), if you have low hits and only a robe. So this problem can lead to a reload. I really hope this can be disabled somehow as I find it extremely annoying... — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 00:54 on 1 November 2012 (GMT)
Attempt at the Oghma Infinium glitch
As the title states, I attempted this glitch. However, it didn't quite work as expected. I opened up a bookshelf, looked at the book in my inventory, and chose a path. As expected, the book did not vanish, and I was able to place it on the shelf. However, upon taking it back off the shelf and doing it a second time, I didn't get the option to choose a path. The book simply showed its contents, and did not vanish, much like it does between the time you take it and when Hermaeus Mora talks to you for the final time. I have found that this glitch basically causes you to have a never disappearing Infinium, but it doesn't do anything after being used once. Schiffy (talk) 22:50, 22 November 2012 (GMT)
- Yeah, it was fixed and I still don't understand, why you needed a bookshelf. I did it with a chest and it worked just fine, the bookshelf on the other hand became "unopenable" after you did it once. (Xbox, don't know whether PC's different) -- Hatred — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 16:33 on 24 December 2012
Pictures being worth 1000 words, I present you this.
This is the alchemy lab room in Breezehome in Whiterun. My guess is it's caused by Hearthfire - I understand this room can be replaced by a child's bedroom. Is there a chair in this location if you do so? It would explain why Lydia thinks she can sit there. Not sure how to categorize this, or if it can occur in other places, so I figured I'd just put it here for some giggles. TheRealLurlock (talk) 01:42, 3 December 2012 (GMT)
"Do not delete" chests
So there was an old post about this that didn't really go anywhere. But I was just able to purchase from Adrianne Avenicci an item which looks like a chest, but is called "Do not delete". Notably, I purchased it from while she was inside Warmaiden's, and before purchasing it, I checked to see and Ulfberth War-Bear did not have the same item for sale (meaning they use completely different inventories for selling, even when they're both inside). This chest has the curious property that when you drop it, it just floats in mid-air, and you can stand on it, which might make it useful for getting into places you otherwise couldn't, much like the paintbrushes in Oblivion. (You might need a couple to do anything really interesting.) I just wanted to note that this is available (at least on PC) without using any cheat codes or unofficial mods. I have all the official mods installed (except the texture pack, which I don't know if my system could handle), and nothing else. Looking it up in the CK, the item's Form ID is 000C7316. There are 3 other similar items, with IDs 000EA5C5, 00103370, and 0010C762. Not sure what their purpose is, or what got screwed up that I was able to acquire one in game without any cheats, but figured it was worth a mention if other people want to look into this and confirm it. TheRealLurlock (talk) 04:01, 7 December 2012 (GMT)
- There's a page regarding that chest here, haven't really looked into it much though. — ABCface◥ 06:25, 7 December 2012 (GMT)
- Given the exploitable potential of this, I feel like it probably should be listed on the main Glitches page, rather than on its own nearly-orphaned page that nobody is likely to find without explicitly searching for it. (It's linked right now from 2 talk pages besides this one, and that's it.) And so far nobody's answered the question of what the consequences would be for not keeping these items - there's just a vague warning that says you shouldn't. Also we'd need confirmation of whether it exists on XBox and PS3 as well as PC. Can't do that myself - all I can do is provide details of how I acquired one and see if others can do the same. (It may require the Merchant perk from Speech as well.) TheRealLurlock (talk) 13:08, 7 December 2012 (GMT)
Commas in name in CharGen leading to oddities in save file names
I found this the other day, and someone should probably replicate this, but I decided to start a new game the other day (as I like to try and get as many playstyles out of the game as possible) and while naming my character, I wanted to signify the my character was for example a forester, hunter etc. so I typed my character's name and then it's role (if you wish to put it that way) afterwards, like this: "Wujeert, Forester". I started the game and played through the usual tutorial, and when I went to make a manual save, I realised that my game had called the save file the location along with part of my name, like this: "AUTO Forester, Skyrim", so this tells me that adding commas to your character's name will alter the save file's name (in Construction Set terms, adding extra comments to something). If this could be replicated on different platforms (I'm on Xbox 360) then would it be possible to put this in the Glitches section or another appropriate page? AcE x EPiiCzZ (talk) 22:45, 11 December 2012 (GMT)
Vampire/Werewolf hybrid? Help!
I've been a werewolf for most of the game, then recently when I was playing through the Dragonborn questline I was fighting a dragonpriest and it said something like "Your vampiric powers are weakened by feeding". I was so scared I had lost my lycanthropy and somehow become a vampire. But no, I can still shift into a werewolf, but I have all the abilities and effects of a vampire, minus the ability to change into a vampire lord and to feed. So I'm stuck with major negative effects on my health, magicka, and stamina and can only rely on Potions of Blood found in Castle Volkihar because I can't feed. It's getting very bothersome!
Is there any way I can get rid of the half-vampirism and go back to being a happy, full-blooded werewolf?
Note: I'm playing on Xbox and have all current DLCs (Hearthfire, Dawnguard, and Dragonborn) 22.214.171.124 23:54, 13 December 2012 (GMT)rioichi4
- Try this- go somewhere indoors away from others and shift to werewolf form. This should set your character as mortal (not vampire, and remove the negative effects, however you will most probably still have the benefits, but at least you will no longer need to feed. Also don't let you followers ESPECIALLY Serana have any potions of blood as these are glitches and will turn you into a vampire. KingK (talk) 22:41, 13 March 2013 (GMT)
Negative Vampire Effects While Being A Werewolf
I saw someone else on this thread was having the same problem as me. I'm level 50, I recently beat Dawnguard and,low and behold, I've started losing stats for being out in the sun, even though I'm a werewolf. Maybe this had something to do with me fighting Harkon as a werewolf? Anyway, I tried getting rid of the curse by having Serana turn me into a full-blooded vampire, and then getting cured. This worked for a little while, but all it ended up doing was purging my werewolf blood. A short while after this, the symptoms came back. This is really annoying, and I don't want to have to go back and kill Harkon again. Can anyone offer me any advice?126.96.36.199 18:27, 19 December 2012 (GMT)
- While pointing out a possible bug here is helpful to the UESP wiki, I believe your questions about how to solve the problem might possibly be answered more quickly if you post them on the forums. Those of us who read the talk pages are generally more concerned with the development of the wiki than with support. (And you might gain from adding information about what platform you are playing on when you ask: pc, Xbox or Playstation.) —MortenOSlash (talk) 07:38, 20 December 2012 (GMT)
Dead Vikas gliding in the ground. WTF GLITCH
I had Vikas as a follower and he got killed in one of the caves. I took his armor and left. A couple weeks after this I'm in Riften forest and i see him half way in the ground. i can only see his chest and up. He is gliding around in the ground in the same position as he was when he died. WTf I'm i the only one that is experiencing this? Its really funny caz his leg was bent backwards when he died so when he glides his foot is sticking out of the ground :3
i can talk to him normally and ask him to follow me sometimes. He is following me now but he cant fight back.
Black Hole Bookcase!
I live in Honeyside, and the third time I used the Oghama Infinium glitch, every book on the shelf disappeared! I play on the xbox 360 and don't have any patches/dlcs is this possible to fix? Now every 50-300 (in game) days, all the books I put on there disappear... AlphaArgonian182 11:44 GMT.
Gold Glitch/Permanent Book in the Skeleton Problem
After reading about the book that remains in the skeleton even if you remove it, I went to try it out. Having restarted the game on Xbox, and completing it on PS3, I couldn't be bothered to work hard to get money. Anyway, unlike what this wikia tells you, the skeleton DOES disappear. I got just over 4000 gold (at level 2, selling each book at 20 each), then went to get more books and it vanished. Thinking this was just a problem with it rolling of the cliff or being "thrown" by something, I restarted again and, like before, when I got just over 4000 gold from the books, the skeleton vanished again. Though I did notice that it fell through the floor (but was still accessible) before it went for good — Unsigned comment by ErnieZer0 (talk • contribs) at 21:20 on 19 January 2013 (GMT)
Flying around on a magic bucket
Anyone noticed the flying bucket glitch yet? This works only with the large buckets with the steel handle. While other buckets are pushed away when you walk into them, these buckets will push you away! So if you grab one of these and hold it under your character (in first person mode), you'll slowly float up into the sky. 188.8.131.52 23:04, 20 January 2013 (GMT)
When wearing a mask and hooded robes...
I thought that if you wear any of the dragon masks it has a "cloth" that surrounds the back of the head, neck, shoulders and parts of the chest and back. Wouldn't that mean your head can't be seen? If so I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be a glitch. However I've only had one mask (college of winterhold questline) and I don't have that save anymore. If the glitch means that when you wear certain hooded robes and a masks together your head disappears entirely (as in can't see head, mask or hood) it needs to be reworded. Mikeyboy52 (talk) 15:04, 22 January 2013 (GMT)
Possible New Duplication Glitch
I'm not sure if anyone else has found this, but I've discovered a method of duplicating items that seems to work with almost everything. I play on PC and have quite a few mods installed, so before I add this on the glitches page I was just wondering if anyone knew of this already, and/or could help test it on different systems.
This does not work with items in stacks, only individual items. This can be done with 'stackable' items (arrows, gold, potions, etc.) but will only work with 'stacks' of one.
1. Find a private area with lots of room. I like to use owned houses, but anywhere should work really.
2. Drop items to be duplicated on the ground. I've gotten it to work with up to 10, but 5 seems to give me the most consistent results.
3. Order a follower to pick up the dropped items.
4. Create a NEW save.
5. Exit to the main menu.
6. Load your save.
7. Pick up items off the ground.
8. Trade items from your follower.
If done correctly you should have doubled your items. The only downside is that the items you trade back from your follower will always be stolen, I'm not sure exactly why. After doing this a few times I like to put the stolen items in the merchant chest at Dawnstar and buy them, then just take my gold back.
- Works also on PS3. I was able to duplicate a full set of Nordic armor with this glitch on my first try. None of the armor pieces were marked stolen, I guess because I did the duplication in my own house, Lakeview Manor. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 09:16 on 13 May 2013
- [PS3] I did some more testing. I tried to duplicate Dawnbreaker, Savior's Hide, Shield of Solitude, Locket of Saint Jiub and the Ebony Blade (at the same time). This time it was more difficult to duplicate. Despite a lot of tries (about 15) i was not able to duplcate the Ebony blade. However, all other items I managed to duplicate. So now my two follwers (Eola and Serana) both have a Savior's Hide. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 13:53 on 22 May 2013 (GMT)
Gold Glitch - Bookshelf duplication
System: PS3 Version: 1.08 (most current?)- it seems the glitch has been patched. but a new glitch/exploit has come up, proceeding to follow the instructions and removing the book will just add a new slot to the bookshelf, theoretically allowing you to place an infinite number of books on the shelf. (also attempting to read a spellbook in the shelf will use the spellbook.)
correction: infact placing any(i used a normal book and a spell tome to test, so im assuming) book on the shelf, backing out of the menu and taking the book without using the menu, then proceeding to open the bookshelf menu will create a "you can place XX+1 more books on this shelf"
cons: havent actually tested the consequences, typing this up as i test. making a backup save just incase.18.104.22.168 12:14, 4 March 2013 (GMT) FennecFox
Strange visual glitch.
Hey guys, Been playing Skyrim on PS3 and been having the me glitch a few times now. I come across what appears to be smouldering logs, not just like two or three, but a bunch of them. It is very strange and not sure if anyone else has had this problem. I haven't got any add-ons installed, got all patches for PS3 so far, so what is causing this? I will add a photo of it when I get a chance so you guys get what I mean.
- A picture would definitely help, as I can't visualize what you are describing. --Xyzzy Talk 21:12, 4 March 2013 (GMT)
100% Physical Damage Reduction
A discussion on the Armor talk page has brought up the possibility of achieving 100% physical damage reduction using the infinitely powerful items exploit. I'm not sure if they are actually getting 100% reduction, or just getting it low enough that normal health regeneration immediately restores it. Should this be added to the exploits section, perhaps as a note in the Infinitely Powerful Items section? --Xyzzy Talk 06:49, 6 March 2013 (GMT)
Free Daedra hearts (Atronach salts ect) and permanent Arvak
I found a way you can get unlimited free Daedra hearts, and Atronach salts, by summoning Atronachs and Dremora lords. 1) Cast summon <Atronach/Dremora/Arvak> with both hands (1 in left and 1 in right, not the thrall version).
This can also be done with just the one hand and also without twin souls perk.
2) Cast again with both hands but this time, before they appear (Fingers should be spreak out as if falt against a wall), open map and fast travel to the nearst possible place, preferably right back to where your standing (You can check to see if the glitch will succeed as checking active effects will show 4 effects of summoned Atronach/Dremora/Arvak rather than 2).
3) Go back and there will be 2 <Atronach/Dremora/Arvak> standing still. THEY DONT FOLLOW YOU. There is no limit to how many summoned Atronachs and/or Daedras you can get in 1 place, i.e when I found this glitch i managed to get 30 Dremoras, killed them all, and got 30 Daedra hearts.
These dremora lords still look like the normal ones but when killed they turn semi invisible and lootable. Do the same thing with ANY Atronach and you will be able to loot there Corrasponding salt.
This was one of my older posts in one of the old archive that I've brought back into discussion as many people (X-Box and Ps3 users) confirmed it working perfectly for them.
I have personally done this glitch with the following summons: Arvak, Dremora lords, all atronachs, ash spawns, Durnehviir (Yes even the dragon can be permenantly summoned), wrathman, mistman, boneman, seeker, Werebear, all 3 heros of sovengarde and the spectral assassin.
I think that's everything I've tried there may be a few more.
I am also led to believe that this would work with the aetherial staff (For summoning spiders and spheres). I have not yet found a way to make this work with raised undead, or at least not consistently. I did manage to dead thrall someone in a similar fashion to this glitch which ended up bringing said person back to life (Not as my thrall) but actually back to being a shop owner.
The best place to do this glitch is just outside falkreath gates as you can fast travel to falkreath and be right where you fast traveled from.
THIS NEEDS TO BE PUT ON THE MAIN ARTICLE, if someone could do a little bit of testing with this and maybe write a better tutorial on how to do it then please do.
Also on a side note, Durnehviir the dragon needs some testing as he acts slightly differently to the way other summons do when this glitch is done.
- PS3, ver 1.08 (?)
- tried this, got the active effects page to show 2 conjure fire atronachs (i can only have 1 active at a time.) quick traveled to dawnstar (thats where i was) i look/move around and the fire atronach still follows me around. although i do have the atronach stone which causes me to fail conjures alot so it took a while to actually get it to show 2 conjure flame atronarchs. someone else test it out ?
- also could you be more specific on how you brought a npc back to life and cause him to resume his scripted actions (store merchant) as a dragon killed one of the khaajit trainers/fence.
- upon trying it a few more times this time not killing the atronach it dissapears after a few seconds. assuming because it's timer ran out.
- Then you didn't do it right :) they become sort of detatched from the player. Almost as thought the game has spawned them there not you. As for the reanimation bit, it was a one off and ive only ever managed it once. I get a much higher sucess rate outside Falkreath, although out of 10 attempts it maybe only works 4 or 5 times. its difficult but is definately repeatable. Ive done this on PS3 and X-Box with all DLC's installed and on the most recent update.(Cba to sign in sorry) 22.214.171.124 11:56, 12 March 2013 (GMT)
- you are indeed correct i just tried it again, after i remembered your post. apparently the atronach stone messes with this glitch. successfully worked after changing stones. created a solid storm atronach that does not disappear upon death.
- why dont you put it on the main glitch/exploit page ?Fennec--Fox (talk) 08:20, 14 March 2013 (GMT)
- <- not my job :) I just find the glitches. I have loads that are easily repeatable and arnt on the glicthes page. I can duplicate Wuthraad by stealing it from ysgrammor in the hall of sovengarde (get him to follow u out of the hall) I can get the quest version of the Wabbajack, I can also get both the masque of clavicus vile and the rueful axe. KingK (talk) 23:10, 15 March 2013 (GMT)
Riekling + Invisible Exploding arrows =
Carnage, simple as.
If you shoot a few of these arrows at a Riekling Warrior, whilst it's your pet, then they equip those arrows instead of their spear. It basically turns them into a mage as the arrow is equivalent to the spell Fireball. KingK (talk) 12:14, 12 March 2013 (GMT)
Repeated noise/ Xbox guide exploit
Playing on the 360,all official expansions and patch 1.8, after completing the Prophet quest with the dawnguard expansion, the noise made by the barrier around the moth priest continued after the barrier had been disabled, and subsequently when entering each and every individual cell in the game. Futhermore, the sound seems to be coming from a specific point in the cell, usually an inaccessable area ie. outside the walls of the cell. This is an odd occurance because the sound is specifically located, as opposed to overlapping all other sounds. Reasons? Also has this happened to anyone else?
Another glitch I found is when using the wait function, immediately after confirming the wait, activating the xbox guide button will roughly halve the time for hours to count down. This seems like a fairly unimportant glitch exploit, but I am impatient and for those other xbox 360 gamers who are impatient like me, this glitch is really helpful. Also I have confirmed this is not a flaw in the console or disk, asi have tested other disks on other consoles, and the results are consiestant. Thoughts on the credibility of this glitch and whether it should be added to any pages? Nighthunter987 (talk) 06:41, 18 March 2013 (GMT)
Ps3 confirmed of Unresponsive Chair Bug and Player Character Movement since Patch 1.8
I've been playing Skyrim for a while now, and have been doing so before the Dlcs releases on Ps3. Somewhere between Hearthfire and Dawnguard I encountered two annoying bugs in the game that occur and it has never happened to me before.
First to note this is all on the Ps3, so I can't comment on other systems.
Chair bug, this can be a very game breaking bug. How it occurs is when you go to sit down either be first or third person, if you try to change your view that might occur but when you try to get up its when this funky effect occurs. You don't get up, you are stuck. No matter what action you try to do to move, you don't move. I got out of this bug by luckily an Npc running to talk to me. Once in the inn at white run, another in Riverwood at the start of the game. Possibly trying to pause the game and unpausing might help. This never happened to me before and it has been a repeated issue.
The second annoying bug I am encountering is something I call the deadzone bug which might be related to the chair bug as well. Anybody know those 3rd party ps3 controllers that have faults in certain games where your actions don't input results. Well I'm having this occur on the ps3 on the default brand new controllers, confirmed tested on two others default controllers. What happens is you move your character, and when it activates your character keeps moving from previous commands and any other action during that event is unresponsive; which can make you run off a cliff, become vulnerable in a fight, run into the wall and not stop, then the event kicks off and you have control over your character again. This is a random event and has occurred repeatedly off and on. Least the Chair bug you can just not sit down, but this has a similar event of unresponsiveness. BlackOp (talk) 19:17, 18 March 2013 (GMT)
Dragon Aspect Glitch
When playing on the xbox, I used the full dragon aspect shout, then felt the need to use vampire lord. After the battle, however, I used revert form, and discovered that the visual effects of the shout were still there, long after the shout had expired. Also, waiting a day and using the shout again, this time making sure to not change form, caused the effects to expire as they should. Has this occured with anyone else? All dlcs and official patches installed. Nighthunter987 (talk) 07:33, 19 March 2013 (GMT)
Sneaking speed glitch
I've seen other glitches similar to this posted before, but never like this. Whenever I sneak, if I draw my weapon, no matter the weapon, and change to third person, the character moves at regular speed. Can anyone confirm this? Nighthunter987 (talk) 07:40, 19 March 2013 (GMT)
- This has occurred since launch. Two types, when sneaking: either have a shield or nothing on your off hand and draw your weapon or bow in 3rd person, doesn't seem to work with a spell on the other hand. Keep moving after you draw your weapon and you will move at a fast pace, fall off a ledge no matter the height or stop and you will lose your speed boost and go back to normal speeds. Redraw your weapon again and you will resume the faster speed. Block runner perk with the shield or just any weapon in block mode, other than a bow, will also keep up that same fast boost speed while sneaking. BlackOp (talk) 17:56, 19 March 2013 (GMT)
Possible double cursor glitch fix
So I might have found a fix to the glitch where the cursor and the standard mouse are both visible when you alt-tab. When you go back into the game, before it pops back up, if your mouse cursor disappears, then it won't be visible when the game is open again. I've tested it a few times with full screen, mainly because I have a bit of delay between clicking Skyrim and it coming back up. Hibiscus (talk) 19:40, 5 April 2013 (GMT)
Passing through walls glitch - moved from article
Passing through walls It is possible to pass through walls, leading to a variety of possibilities, such as being able to instantly reach the end of dungeons, or accessing merchant chests by falling through the floors.
- Obtain a wooden plate.
- Find a vertical wall to pass through (it must be vertical, not merely slanted or jagged like a mountain range or cave wall).
- Drop the wooden plate.
- Pick up and carry the plate (not placed in your inventory, but hovering in front of you).
- Stand about three feet away from the vertical wall.
- Sprint into the wall, or use the Whirlwind Sprint shout, with the plate hovering infront of you at eye level. Make sure that you hit the wall dead center.
If you do it correctly, you will drop the wooden plate and clip through the wall.
Note that this may result in your being stuck in a location with no way out, requiring you to fast-travel to escape. If you perform this in an interior cell, where fast-travel is not allowed, you may have to load a saved game.
Blacksmith Forge Destruction Experience
The damage you take when jumping in a blacksmith forge is apparently a Destruction Spell you're casting on yourself, so if you continue to jump up and down in the forge you will gain a Destruction level, this seems to work best early in the game (i.e. when you first get to Riverwood) to get a couple free levels for Destruction. This effect CAN kill you though, so it's not a bad idea to heal yourself while you're doing it. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 06:57 on 16 May 2013 (GMT)
- I have not experienced this, myself. Can anyone confirm this glitch? --written by Nocte Chat with me?Look at what I did! 08:53, 16 May 2013 (GMT)
Unable to interact with objects - moved from article
- Sometimes after prolonged playing time you may notice you are unable to interact with world object e.g. Chairs, Beds, Workbenches etc and have the animation and activation state changed e.g. Sitting down.
- I have rewrote the post, hopefuly this is easyer to read and gets the problem and its related fix across easyer than before?--Slaugh7er 16:07, 24 May 2013 (GMT)
- Yes i am playing on PC, and no i only use console to fix minor quest bugs, this problem occurred on my friends game first (who is a technophobe), only to happen on mine not too long after.--Slaugh7er 20:23, 26 May 2013 (GMT)
|Prev: Archive 6||Up: Skyrim talk:Glitches||Next: Archive 8|