Skyrim talk:Glitches/Archive 6< Skyrim talk:Glitches
|This is an archive of past Skyrim talk:Glitches discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page, except for maintenance such as updating links.|
Unlimited Free-Fire,Frost and Void salts and daedra hearts
I found a way you can get unlimited free Daedra hearts, and Atronach salts, by summoning Atronachs and Dremora lords.
1) Cast summon <Atronach/Dremora> with both hands(1 in left and 1 in right, not the thrall version).
2) Cast again with both hands but this time, before they appear, open map and fast travel (You can check to see if the glitch will succeed as checking active effects will show 4 effects of summoned Atronach/Dremora rather than 2).
3) Go back and there will be 2 <Atronach/Dremora> standing still. THEY DONT FOLLOW YOU.
There is no limit to how many summoned Atronachs and/or Daedras you can get in 1 place, i.e when I found this glitch i managed to get 30 Dremoras, killed them all, and got 30 Daedra hearts.
These dremora lords still look like the normal ones but when killed they turn semi invisible and lootable. DO the same thing with ANY Atronach and you will be able to loot there Corrasponding salt.
The awsome bit is the fact that when you kill these EVERLASTING dremora, they drop daedra hearts To put it simply, GLITCH = UNLIMITED FREE DAEDRA HEARTS
Also, seen as these glitched Atronachs/Dremoras never die or move, they can be used as permanent Guards of their nearby area. Gates of whiterun for eg.
More info needed on this, as it is easily exploitable and needs to be placed on an article.
Oh,and if editors/moderators need a more detailed description on how to do this glitch, then please state at the end of my post and i will update the step by step guide with a very detailed description. I will check back regularly.
Oddly, if done in a town or city they will interact with their surrounding,like a normal NPC. And if you do this near interactive things (ie. Wood chopping block) the glitched dremora will interact with them. — Unsigned comment by KingK (talk • contribs) at 17:44 on 1 April 2012
- Stop ruining my posts, the idea of a wiki is to share knowledge not have a go at other people. If you dont like glitches then thats your choice. Keep it to yourself. All glitches are here to either be used for fun and to enjoy. — Unsigned comment by KingK (talk • contribs) at 08:09 on 16 April 2012
- Just found out this also works with BOTH the Specteral Assassin, and Call of valour. You can then use dead thrall to get an everlasting version of the hero's of sovengarde but NOT the specteral assassin. (BOTH ARE ALSO LOOTABLE) — Unsigned comment by KingK (talk • contribs) at 06:49 on 2 April 2012
- could you plz explain to me how to do this glitch to me plz. i tried doing it with dremora lords in riften but it didn't work. i tried it like 10 times in differant places same result , i even checked to see if it listed 4 summons before i fast traveled and it showed four but when i came back they were just gone.126.96.36.199 23:04, 24 July 2012 (UTC)
- Confirmed after Dawnguard still. This is a very convenient glitch. It should be noted that it works without the double summon conjuration perk, and it works only when you open the menu and fast travel at the point in the animation of the spell cast where the hand is pressing outward as if on a wall with fingers spread. The sound effect triggers very shortly after the hand goes to this position, you're missed the window if the sound effects play as you open the menu (including the sound of the spell 'leaving' your hand prior to the purple sphere of the actual summon appearing with its sound effect). It was equally simple, but tricky for me with all atronachs and the dremora lord. It even works without having a previous summon out; it's all in the timing of when you open the menu. This needs to be on the glitches page, or on the conjuration page, I think.--Playerseekingbugs 23:29, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
- I cannot test if this works with Dual Casting. Fast travel to a nonpopulated location, such as a summoning stone. Equip Summon Dremora Lord / Flame Atronach / Frost Atronach / Storm Atronach to both LR. Simultaneously charge both spells and summon both atronach's in one spot. Immediately simultaneously charge both spells once more and summon both atronach's to the same spot. At the instant you release your spell, as in your arms are still outstretched, open up your map and fast travel to your current location. It doesn't work always, but when it does, 3 or 4 summons should be present. 1 or 2 of them will not follow you and they can be killed to get the items, these are the "permanent" summons. HOWEVER AFTER 10 DAYS WITHOUT VISITING THEM, YOUR SUMMONS WILL REFRESH AND WILL NO LONGER BE YOURS! After directly conjuring your "permanent" summons, you should see that they are named _____'s Flame Atronach / Storm Atronach / Frost Atronach / Dremora Lord. If you leave the cell you summoned your "permanent" summons, and do not return for 10 days, the summons will refresh meaning they will no longer be _______'s Atronach, but a newly respawned enemy Atronach that is hostile to everyone. Ossuarium
Multiple interactive followers
You can get Multiple followers (Proper permanent followers) by doing a glitch
Heres the link to the video I found YouTube 
After a bit of practice I got the hang of this glitch. You can actually get all of the following with you at the same time:
-BOTH Dark Brotherhoood Initiates
-1 STANDARD Follower
-2 PERMANENT Hero's of Sovengarde or any reanimated dead (SEE ABOVE GLITCH)
-1 Atronach/Thrall or Dremora lord
-And barbas if you choose not to finish quest
-A PS3 friend of mine (Murpho) Sent me a message describing a way to get unlimeted reanimated dead using this glitch. I will get info from him on how to do it soon
-This does not effect any quests ect. exept for the companions quests. (As most of them put a sheild brother with you this replaces your current follower, or all of them in this case.) Though all can be rehired later.
-You can still keep quest related followers as long as you dont finish their corrasponding quest.
Tested on PS3 still works at current 2.03 patch KingK 16:21, 2 April 2012 (UTC)
- How do you get the permanent hero? And about explaning the glitch? Lol people just post random things.....! Anomyous — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 3 May 2012
The Gaulder Amulet exploit fixed?
I tried taking advantage of the Gaulder Amulet exploit listed in the main article, and couldn't get it to work. I equipped the Amulet first, then tried equipping a variety of other amulets/necklaces. Each time, the Gaulder Amulet unequipped. I verified this by checking my Active Effects. Each time, the 3 effects from the Gaulder Amulet disappeared from the list. I also tried it by equipping a different amulet/necklace first, then equipping the Gaulder Amulet. Same negative result. I am running the PC version with the latest patches. Can anybody else test this? I looked through the patch fixes and didn't see it mentioned. BTW, I tried the Falmer helmet exploit at the same time. It still works --Xyzzy 18:52, 20 May 2012 (UTC)
- I don't see any changes to the amulet between the original and the current version, but like you, I'm unable to equip anything I shouldn't with the Gauldur Amulet anymore. Perhaps a low-level fix of some kind? – Robin Hood↝talk 20:25, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
- I just tested this on the PS3 with the "latest" patch (we still don't have the one that enables Dawnguard at time of posting). It still works for me. Perhaps it was that you were using the Falmer Helmet thing at the same time? (do we know if it's just the Ebony Helmet and Execution Hood that stop working with the Gaulder Amulet, or if the entire glitch becomes inert?) --Debatra 18:32, 4 August 2012 (UTC)
- Falmer Helmet still works, as does Gauldur's Amulet. I use both the Falmer Helmet and Gauldur Amulet glitches to cap my alchemy. Running the Dawnguard DLC on PC here. 184.108.40.206 15:17, 22 August 2012 (UTC)
(Xbox 360) I made a Female Agronian character to test some archetypes out, some of them were...being a vampire warrior, werewolf mage and a thief that only uses Sneak, Light Armour and Archery etc
Anyway when I wanted to test the werewolf mage, I did the Companion quest, but I noticed things that were like a vampire for example, fire weaknesses, better illusion power and able to feed on the sleeping...so I looked at my character and she had vampire eyes, strangley stage 4 vampirism didn't make me get attacked by townsfolk and it stayed at 75% weakness to fire all the time. I don't want to know how to fix it, but if it could affect others and how much it would affect gameplay for them, also I think it would ruin the Dawnguard DlC, any thoughts? AlphaArgonian182 16:43 23rd June 2012 (UTC)
- I am running into the same thing. Running Dawnguard, chose the Dawnguard path. My beloved L55 werewolf Bosmer, whom I've been playing since 11/11, has suddenly started acquiring vampire skills and I don't want them. The vampire skills seem to show up during entry into combat and/or a change of location. Werewolf is unaffected, beastform is still available. I haven't been able to fix it...just reloaded. It's happened maybe 4-5 times now. This last time, I was in the College of Winterhold and I knew there was a dragon outside. I literally checked to make sure I wasn't a vampire, went out the door, and once again I was a werepire. Update: I just reloaded and tried that again. I got out the door without being a vampire. Doesn't seem to be tied to weapons. Possibly to Serana herself?Oshaugm 20:07, 8 July 2012 (UTC)
Carry Weight reset to "300" after installing patch.
(Xbox 360) After installing one of the recent patches (1.4, I think) the carry weight for my character was reset to '300' (when all of the Fortify Carry Weight items were removed) even though the character has a Stamina of 320 and the Extra Pockets perk. Has anyone else had this happen, and is there any known fix? [I ask this here because I saw nothing on the Stamina page nor the Carry Weight page about this bug.] Minotaur 19:49, 30 June 2012 (UTC)
- 1.4 was ages ago, we're now on 1.6 and Dawnguard. You need to clarify. The Silencer speaksTalk 20:34, 30 June 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you for the response. I'll add what I can, but it's not much. My primary character is blocked, waiting on a patch to fix the Animal Extermination bug (already killed the animal before aquiring the quest) and cannot progress along the Companions quest line, so I check back in every month or so to see if it has been fixed yet. In April, I noticed the Carry Weight issue as I described. Since I was waiting for a patch for the other problem anyway, I just let it go for the time being, and started playing a third character while I waited for a solution. Patch 1.5 and 1.6 have not fixed the Carry Weight bug (or the Animal Extermination bug), but I am playing that character again now for Dawnguard. Since I am playing the character again, I started actively looking for a solution to this bug. I don't know if it was patch 1.3 or 1.4 that caused it, but as I said I think it was the 1.4 patch. For reference, I have tried stripping off all my gear and saving & reloading the game, and I have also tried activating the Steed Stone and then activating another stone to try to force it to recalculate my base carry weight again. Neither of those resolved the issue. I have tried reloading previous saves for this character, and only the oldest one (from January) does not have the glitch. The save from January also is the only one that does not have custom made magic gear, so that may or may not be connected. I have two other characters with powerful custom magic items as well, but neither of them are affected. I was hoping I was not the only one experiencing this issue. Minotaur 02:40, 1 July 2012 (UTC)
Restocking On Fireball Arrows After 'Rise in the East'
I've discovered that you can make a Guard fire(literally- heh) Fireball arrows collected from Japhet's Folly. This serves as a nice way to restock on them if you're as addicted to using them as I am. Here is a quick walkthrough:
1. Pickpocket a Guard and remove all arrows and weapons (other than a bow) from their inventory. It also helps to remove a piece of armor or to reverse-pickpocket an item (like a gem) into their inventory. This makes it easier to tell which Guard you were using (lest one of the Fireball arrows blasts them to the other side of the city).
2. Back a Guard into a corner by repeatedly sprinting and running into them. This minimizes the chances of the explosions throwing them into a place where they can't be reached.
3. Shoot about 2 or 3 of the Fireball arrows at the Guard (at least one of the arrows needs to make it into their inventory).
4. Attack the Guard to make them attack you.
5. Sit back as the Guard (hopefully) draws their bow and starts shooting the Fireball arrows at you. (As Guards will never run out of the type of arrow they're firing, you can collect as many of the Fireball arrows as you want.)
Hope that helps! (Sorry, no account, just a frequent visitor.) -220.127.116.11 19:06, 2 July 2012 (UTC)
Possible bookshelf bug
So I recently started modding and was placing bookshelves in my new player home, when I noticed that none of them was working correctly. First I thought that it was a mistake i made, but then I tested the bookshelves already in the game and they had the same issue. Whenever I removed a book by hand from the shelf, its maximum capacity increased by one, so for example if I removed a book from a full bookshelf it said I could place two more (but of course only one of them would show up on the shelf). I also disabled all mods, and the problem still persisted. After some digging I found the source of the issue in the PlayerBookShelfTrigger script (there were two unnecessary lines), commented it out, compiled the script, and the bookshelves work perfectly now. I'm not sure if it's a bug in the original game or if I caused it myself somehow. Can anyone confirm that this bug exists? It would be much appreciated. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 12:44 on 20 July 2012
- Confirmed. Had the same problem, spent hours looking for my mistake when it was one that Bethesda made. To fix: remove the following two lines from the script before compiling and saving:
- (Shelfcontainer as PlayerBookShelfContainerScript).CurrentBookAmount = (Shelfcontainer as PlayerBookShelfContainerScript).CurrentBookAmount - 1
- (ShelfContainer as PlayerBookShelfContainerScript).RemoveBooks((TriggerRef.GetBaseObject()), 1)— Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 17:24 on 4 August 2012
Is there a reason this page doesn't use the bug template? I feel that the vn=1 and confirmed=1 parameters would really help. Would anyone mind if I added the template to each bug? Vely►t►e 20:43, 21 July 2012 (UTC)
I experienced a glitch where the combat music wouldn't stop. It occurred during a random animal attack in the wilderness, and continued on for quite awhile, even after fast-traveling, changing zones, quickloading, and engaging in further combat. It only stopped when I exited the game entirely, then restarted. I found a bug note on the Battle for Whiterun (Stormcloaks) page that describes the same thing. I think this may be a game-wide glitch, rather than specific to that quest. --XyzzyTalk 21:02, 21 July 2012 (UTC)
Trainer gold "glitch"
Trainers can be pickpocketed to get your gold back after training. With maximum pickpocket skill + gold perk Is this the Cutpurse perk?, the limit for being able to steal it back in one shot is 2000 gold, after which you simply have a flat 0% chance. For higher level skill training, you may need to pickpocket it back after each training session to make sure you can recover all of it.
Avenicci is a scammer - Breezehome alchemy lab doesn't appear
When I ask to purchase the alchemy lab upgrade for Breezehome, the money is removed from my inventory but the corner that is supposed to contain the alchemy lab is left bare. The "Alchemy laboratory. (500 gold)" option stays in the dialogue list. I can purchase the alchemy lab an infinite number of times (or at least until I'm down to less than 500 gold) and will never receive the alchemy lab. All of the other upgrades work just fine. This is a brand new save file with the latest patch and Dawnguard installed. I have another save file that was created with the latest patch but without Dawnguard installed, and I was able to purchase and upgrade Breezehome without any problems. Interestingly, on the save file that I had created prior to Dawnguard's installation, I later purchased Proudspire Manor //after// Dawnguard's installation and was able to completely upgrade the Manor without any problems. I will continue to play and see if other houses have this problem. I'm inclined to believe that either: 1) Dawnguard broke Breezehome; or 2) Dawnguard broke all the player houses but only if you start a new game after installing Dawnguard. Of course, I can't be certain until further testing is done. Just Cav 09:17, 28 July 2012 (UTC)
infinite spell tomes from bookcases glitch not happening
I was trying to use the spell tome duplication glitch via the bookcases (yes, I am a cheater, so what?) and I couldn't get it to work. I did by placing the spell tome on the bookshelf, then reading it from within the bookshelf. I have read that it isn't supposed to disappear, but it does. Has it been patched? or am I doing it wrong? — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 21:12 on 15:11, 6 August 2012 (UTC)
- To me it seems like you are referring to the glitch for the daedric quest reward Oghma Infinium as if it should work on ordinary spell tomes. I do not think I have found any reference to the glitch working for anything else than Oghma Infinium? —MortenOSlash 15:58, 6 August 2012 (UTC)
Destruction leveling glitch
So I randomly was trying to increase Restoration by damaging my health, I was jumping in the blacksmith forge in Riften and it was making sounds like I was being hurt, but no damage was being done. However, my Destruction skill started to increase the longer I jumped in the flames. Free easy Destruction training.--Dro'Bakha 00:58, 15 August 2012 (UTC)
Non-stolen items getting marked as stolen
I thought it happened after I loaded up my follower with excessive amounts of stuff. Then used the kinect command to Loot Items once we were back home to store and sort them. When I got them back, most of the items became marked as stolen. But recently I took the items the regular way, without kinect, and a few pieces of jewelry that I crafted earlier were marked as stolen in my inventory. Anyone else have this, too? — Unsigned comment by Grelaria (talk • contribs) at 00:06 on 23 August 2012
Buy Houses for Free - Moved from Breezehome talk page
I've purchased Breezehome, Proudspire Manor, Honeyside, and Vlindrel Hall for 0 gold each(haven't tried Hjerim yet, XBox). All you need is the minimum amount of gold to purchase the property and any type of container close to the steward.
1. Complete all the respective Thane tasks so you can purchase property AND have the minimum amount of gold to purchase the house.
2. Check for a nearby lootable container close to the steward (chest, dresser, guard body, sack, ect...)
4. Make sure you SAVED!!!
5. Buy the house/decorations and immediately exit the conversation and open the container.
6. Deposit all of your gold in the container and exit the container menu. You'll know you own the house when the steward gives you the key and decorating guide AND NO GOLD REMOVED! They'll just continue their dialogue for the decorations.
7. Repeat as necessary.
WHITERUN - This is a bit tricky. Try catching the steward after he wakes up in the morning. After he leaves his bedroom in the Jarl's Quarters on the second floor, he'll pass by a chest that's under the table with the civil war map on it. If you can't catch him, wait by his bed while he's sleeping and talk to him so he wakes up. Let him start to get back in bed and wait until around 10am or a little later and he should still be getting in bed. He will then get out of bed and proceed towards the door to Dragonsreach. Beat him through it and catch him as he passes the chest.
MARKARTH - There is a dwarven chest on the right as you face the steward.
RIFTEN - There are long, short chests on either side of the throne.
SOLITUDE - Behind Falk Firebeard there is a cupboard.
WINDHELM - I haven't tried this one yet because of a bug related to the Blood On The Ice quest. I didn't notice any containers near the steward in the Palace of the Kings so a process similar to aquiring Breezehome in Whiterun may need to be used. Or if you don't mind killing a guard and dragging his body closer. Or creatively exploiting Beast Form to kill a guard without a fine(don't get caught transforming).
Try this in other in-game transactions as well(carriages, mercenaries... Hint: bodies are moveable containers and rabbits and foxes are very easy to move!)
IMPORTANT!!! After purchasing the house and all the upgrades make sure all the weapon/shield plaques/cases/racks function properly. I purchased Breezehome and entered the house before purchasing any upgrades and returned again after purchasing the upgrades to find none of the plaques in working order. (I bought the house from the steward around 4am in the Jarl's Quarters and the furnishings option wasn't available. Around 10am I returned and bought the decorations in Dragonsreach and the racks didn't work.)
Add notes and comments if you have trouble or this works for you. I'll update if I can get this to work for Hjerim.
--Dlsmith08 09:48, 29 December 2011 (UTC)
- I can say that this does in fact work for Breezehome, Honeyside and Hjerim (Haven't tried the others). It DOES NOT however seem to work with Hearthfire as the Steward in Falkreath takes your 5000 gold before handing over the deed. Seems that Bethesda has caught onto this. I tried this twice to no avail. --FubarFrank (talk) 16:24, 14
Ungrien speech skill exploit - patched on Xbox?
There are conflicting reports about whether the Ungrien speech skill exploit has been patched on Xbox. Can somebody who plays on Xbox and has the latest patches installed verify if this exploit still works? --Xyzzy Talk 04:50, 15 September 2012 (GMT)
- Has not been patched. I was doing this just last night to get my speech up 2 points so i could get the level i needed for a perk. I've got Patch 1.7, Dawnguard and Hearthfire. Lord Eydvar Talk | Contribs 01:15, 17 September 2012 (GMT)
|Prev: Archive 5||Up: Skyrim talk:Glitches||Next: Archive 7|