|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
It's a moderate walk to Hla Oad from Balmora through some fairly rugged terrain; alternatively, you can travel to a port city with a dock (e.g. you can take the Silt Strider to Vivec), and take a transport ship to Hla Oad (although this will take longer).
Ask around town, and you will be directed to Fatleg's Drop Off, where Ra'Zhid can be found loitering inside. Chat with Ra'Zhid, and he'll play dumb about the artifacts in question, claiming that he hasn't received them yet. Speaking with Ra'Zhid leads nowhere, no matter how much you attempt to persuade him. As is often the case, though, he can be taunted into attacking you fairly easily, removing (some) legal complications.
Recover the ArtifactsEdit
The artifacts are a Dwemer goblet, bowl and tube. Note that you can return any items that you find (e.g., from any Dwemer ruin, not just the ones in Hla Oad). However, the goblet must have a weight of four units (there is one that weighs three units, and it will not be accepted). The artifacts are in a chest behind three barrels left of the front door and Ra'Zhid will likely attack you if he notices you attempting to open it or taking the items. Ra'Zhid has a key to the chest on his person, and you can attempt to pickpocket the key from him. Even if you taunt Ra'Zhid into attacking you and you subsequently kill him in the battle, the owner of the store, Trasteve, will still report you for robbery if he sees you trying to open the chest, with or without the key that Ra'Zhid is carrying. Conveniently, there is a pillar in the house situated directly between the chest and Trasteve that can block his view of you.
Return to Sugar-LipsEdit
Return to Sugar-Lips Habasi for a reward of two Master lockpicks, two Journeyman's probes, and a Journeyman's armorer's hammer.
- As in other Thieves Guild quests, you'll find it worthwhile to carefully pick the spot from which you access the chest. If you position yourself correctly, you can mask your actions and get away clean.
- Obviously a high Sneak skill is beneficial in completing this quest.
- Speaking to Ra'Zhid about the Dwemer Artifacts after successfully stealing the items from the chest or acquiring them from somewhere else leads to the option of either giving back the items or not. Choosing not to give them back causes Ra'Zhid to immediately attack you; you can then kill him without incurring a bounty.
- An easier way to take the items is to stand over the trapdoor that leads to the basement and face the chest. To the right, on the ground, is a wicker basket; it's possible to actually climb up the basket, then enter Sneak mode and lockpick the chest. Characters won't be visible because there is another wicker basket hanging from the ceiling, which blocks the Khajiit and Redguard's field of vision. You can tell they cannot see you because the Sneak icon never disappears while in this position.
- If you somehow misplace the goblet, Dwemer goblets with the exact weight required can be found in several Dwemer ruins, the closest one to the Balmora Thieves Guild being Arkngthand; another one can be found in Aleft, a ways north of Hla Oad.
- There's a guaranteed Tube in the Arkngthand, the Cells of the Hollow Hand, sitting on the back portion of the Strange Metal Machine, in the same room as Idhdean Tailas, not Boss Crito.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Ra'Zhid's Dwemer Artifacts (TG_OverduePayments)|
|Index||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||Sugar-Lips Habasi told me that Ra'Zhid at Fatleg's Drop Off in Hla Oad promised to deliver some Dwemer artifacts to the Thieves Guild. Habasi asked me to bring her a Dwemer tube, Dwemer goblet, and Dwemer bowl.|
|30||Ra'Zhid told me that he has not yet received the Dwemer artifacts.|
|50||Sugar-Lips Habasi told me that Ra'Zhid is lying. Ra'Zhid does have the Dwemer artifacts somewhere in Hla Oad.|
|100||Sugar-Lips Habasi thanked me for bringing her Ra'Zhid's dwemer artifacts.|
|Prev: Nerano Manor Key||Up: Thieves Guild Quests||Next: The Vintage Brandy|