Daedroths are crocodile-headed bipedal Daedra associated with Molag Bal. They can also be found serving Mehrunes Dagon. They are strong, hulking, reptilian Daedra with animalistic tendencies, but still a dangerous foe with powerful clawed arms and moderate magical ability. Though some have been known to use weapons and wear simple armor, most attack with bare claws. They have a powerful bite and the ability to spew hot flames. Some daedroths can spit poison or shock magic. They stand roughly at the height of a mortal (if not taller), and can be summoned in gargantuan sizes. Particularly large daedroths are difficult to summon, and can only be controlled by those with a strong will. Daedroth sacs and teeth are used in alchemy.
Linguists will point out that "Daedroth" is also the proper singular form of "Daedra", but for these creatures the common usage is Daedroth (singular) and Daedroths (plural), with Daedra (both singular and plural) being used as the generic term. The term "Lesser Daedra" is sometimes used (again, both singular and plural), though this appellation technically refers to Daedra of all types beneath the Daedric Princes.
- Early Daedroth concept art reveals that they were initially based on the Egyptian god Sobek.
- The Fire Daemons from Arena seem to have been the original design for Daedroths, as their subsequent appearance in Daggerfall retained many similar traits such as high intelligence, reptilian form, cleaving weapons, and fiery breath.
- There is no Jel word for "daedroth", as the Argonian people don't "taint their language with words for abominations from Oblivion." Instead, they use common words from other more widely-spoken languages to refer to the beasts.
- Darkest Darkness
- Varieties of Daedra — Aranea Drethan
- Chaotic Creatia: The Azure Plasm — Doctor Rhythandius
- Appearance of Daedroths in Daggerfall
- Kyne's Challenge: A Hunter's Companion: Black Marsh, Daedroth
- Daedroth abilities in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Daedroth abilities in Morrowind
- The Maw of the Infernal's huge size in the Banished Cells II in ESO
- High Kinlord Rilis' dialogue in the Banished Cells II in ESO
- Daedroth Teeth alchemical ingredient from Skyrim
- On Oblivion — Morian Zenas
- Varieties of Daedra, Part 2