In order to activate this animation sequence, you must activate an available grain mill. You will then proceed to push the grindstone in a circle around the mill for one revolution. A follower can also be ordered to turn it. However, it is only an animation in the original version of the game, as the milling process yields no results.
- Corpselight Farm — A small farmstead located in Falkreath.
- Cowflop Farmhouse — A small farmhouse located in Rorikstead.
- Druadach Redoubt Cave — A small camp and cave occupied by Forsworn, southwest of Mor Khazgur and north of the Shrine to Peryite.
- Fellstar Farm — A farm in Ivarstead, located across the road from the lumber mill and south of the bridge to High Hrothgar.
- Heljarchen HallHF — A piece of property in the Pale, north of Loreius Farm and south of Fort Dunstad.
- Lemkil's Farmhouse — A small farm in Rorikstead.
- Lylvieve Family's House — A small farmhouse on the northwestern side of Dragon Bridge, located next to Horgeir's House.
- Merryfair Farm — A poor, small farm northwest of Riften, owned and run by Dravin Llanith and his wife Synda Llanith.
- Three mills have activators which do not function properly, even with Hearthfire installed: Battle-Born Farm, Chillfurrow Farm, and Pelagia Farm.
- Three mills exist which do not have activators at all: Loreius Farm, Salvius Farm, and Snow-Shod Farm.
- The mill at Heljarchen Hall needs to be constructed.